• Advertisement

277a. Captain Pipsqueak

Jjs Goodman

Perhaps I overhyped myself but I wish the episode had more going to it in terms of more excitement. The plot wasn't as special as I thought or it wasn't exactly laugh worthy like MM & BB V either. Still in terms of the story and execution, it did its job fairly well. Couple of jokes got to me, though they aren't much noteworthy except maybe the foot gag they pulled with Plankton. Plankton's villain costume reminded me of Magneto's costume, so i stanned it. Man Ray being the only person who knows about the secret formula besides Krabs and SpongeBob was so funny and wild. But really what made this ep stand out to me was the cameos. Normally I would just say this is yet another pandering to pre-movie fans but seeing villains from post-movie really had me going. Even taking villains from other sb media (Dennis and Prawn) worked so well. I loved seeing Tattletale Strangler's cameo the most, he just fucking died and it was glorious. Nosferatu's sequences were amusing. Robot Mantis's sequence was really funny. Squidward's come back as Doctor Negative was glorious, though I wish they'd do a winking joke when EVIL invaded Krusty Krab. I loved that Man Ray just handed away the formula to Krabs and punished Plankton. Man Ray shilling Krusty Krab here was handled better than Super Aquatic ep. In fact the whole episode is a better example of how to do a villain team up than Super Aquatic. I just wish it did more wild things with its premise but still, I enjoyed the ride.

Grade: B+

So, are Nosferatu and the Tattletale Strangler LEGITIMATELY dead now? Because that means that Man Ray straight up KILLED them...it actually bumps him UP a bit in terms of being a legitimate villain! Pretty amazing that we saw all the cameos of villains, such as Doodlebob, Dennis, a fish from "Jailbreak!", Madame Hagfish, and the creepy old granny who kills cats/snails from "Have You Seen My Snail?" (who was wearing what looked like a Garfield costume, maybe a reference as to how Nickelodeon now actually OWNS the "Garfield" franchise!") I mean, they could've done SLIGHTLY more with the premise of Plankton joining E.V.I.L. (still with the acronym Every Villain Is Lemons). I think they could've legitimately made it a longer, 15 minute segment instead of an 11 minute segment! In any case, it comes as no surprise that Man Ray was EASILY able to obtain the Krabby Patty Secret Formula! However, it proves that "Even Evil Has Standards", as when Man Ray SAW the Krabby Patty Secret Formula, he was "Disappointed By The Motive", and EASILY disposed of Plankton for wasting his time! All in all, I'd give the episode a 9.9 out of 10, only because I didn't like it when Plankton's eye temporarily came out of his head. Enough said, true believers!