• Advertisement

276b. Patrick the Mailman

Jinjo

This wasn't as good as Say Aww but it was still a pretty great ep for s13. Patrick becoming a mailman has an actual interesting potential with it and I'm glad the ep used it to its fullest. Jokes were so good here. Squidward's mail yeeting SpongeBob and Patrick away, the whole sequence of Patrick trying to deliver Kevin his jury duty mail only for him to realize it was to Bubble Bass (his cameos of dodging got a chuckle out of me), "i thought all trucks were girls", Old Man Jenkins (won't accept Walker name no sir) getting all kinds of mail like his house being evicted etc. The climax of bunch of mailpeople chasing SpongeBob and Patrick was joyful and it ending with them being delivered to jail was a good punchline to end. It's a good ep and i think it's nice to see a Pat ep written by someone who isn't Kaz for an exchange. No offensive to him but I liked a different writer talking Patrick this time.

Grade: A-

It's definitely interesting to FINALLY see Kevin the Sea Cucumber again, in a somewhat major role, after having not REALLY appeared for NINE seasons, and we get to see where he lives to; inside of a pickle barrel! (A clever reference as to how cucumbers CAN turn into pickles!) And it's definitely nice to see Squidward smile and be happy, actually GETTING something he wants! Other than that, can't think of anything else to add about this episode. I'd probably give it a 9.9 out of 10. Enough said, true believers!