• Advertisement

276a. Say 'Awww!'

Jjs Goodman

One of the best of s13. Plankton episodes get more and more creative everyday. The plot was just pure horror-ish monster movie vibe and I loved every single moment of it. The plot literally kicking off with Plankton being eaten and then ending it with Plankton shrugging off what he did with giving people free Glove World times. I really loved how unpredictable this episode got and the robot getting a job at Glove World as a literally toilet ride for people was just funny. The episode was full of action with good stakes and I enjoyed the climax paying off with that Plankton is strong af with carring multiple people. What a wild episode.

Grade: A

For the first time in AGES, we FINALLY see the return of the Eel incidental character from "Your Shoe's Untied", and the Shrimp incidental character from "The Algae's Always Greener". And in Plankton's defense, YOU probably wouldn't want to be swarmed and pinched by a bunch of strangers either! Although, I feel like the episode could've been longer, and see just how Sandy, Patrick, Mrs. Puff, Bubble Bass, Pearl, Larry, and Fred managed to wind up inside of Cutie Pi. Even though it's a robot, this is the first time we've had a duck character on "Spongebob Squarepants". The expressions made by Plankton in this episode, remind me of the "Squash and Stretch" methods used by Tex Avery and Chuck Jones in their classic cartoons, such as Spongebob having the Delayed Reaction to Cutie Pi being able to turn into a monster. It's nice to see that Cutie Pi was able to end up using his talents for something that was entertaining, rather than evil, but you got to feel bad for Plankton who was NOT able to go on the 'Ride', DESPITE being the one who built it! I guess I would give it a 9.9 out of 10. Enough said, true believers!