• Advertisement

275b. Upturn Girls

Jinjo

Shockingly better than previous Narwhal ep. Narlene and Pearl dynamic surprisingly worked for me, mainly because they had different personalities than each other that they bounced each other off so well. The pacing was extremely solid here. And the jokes were pretty good. Sky scrapper, master carp and the meta joke about characters being in a tv show were some of the highlights. Climax was good and I liked seeing Pearl being protective of Narlene. The little subplot of SpongeBob and Nobby was entertaining as well. It's not such a special episode but it's a good and less forced kamp koral crossover.

Grade: B+

Interesting variation on the whole "Country Mouse, City Mouse" plot line. You got to feel bad for that POOR Incidental who got CLANGED in the automatic door, though. Slight error on continuity, Pearl says this is the FIRST time she's cooked Krabby Patties, but she has cooked them before, in "The Bikini Bottom Triangle" (although it IS entirely possible that this episode takes place BEFORE that one). It was a unique dynamic that worked surprisingly well, and it's nice to see sharks get a little more representation in this series, since we don't get to see sharks on this show that often. Overall, I'd have to give this episode an 8.8 out of 10. Enough said, true believers!