• Advertisement

Machine Gun Kelly

Steel Sponge

Discuss the internet's currently most hated music artist. I only have an opinion on his pop punk output, and I'll just say that I may be one of the few folks who's neutral towards him. He's got some hits and as well as some misses, but even when he's bad, I've honestly heard worse pop punk pastiche than from him.

Maybe I'm a bit too harsh on him, but hearing some of his songs on the radio (I think I'm Okay, Bloody Valentine) doesn't give me a good first impression for his rock career. It soaks of corporate to me, and dude has such awful vocals.

He can play decent I guess, and Travis Barker is a good drummer for Blink, but it sucks he has to be roped into all these generic artists like MGK or Yungblud. Kennyhoopla's collaboration Travis did is great though. I also feel like the trap influences with the rock songs feel so out of place and poorly executed that get sprinkled throughout his songs. 

I thought his Misery Buisness cover a couple years back was okay, but why would I listen to this poser's music for poptimism rock when I could listen to Willow or Olivia Rodrigo who are a bit more interesting at doing it? Dude for me wasn't good at hip hop, and his rock phase isn't that good either sadly. I fear the emo revival will be him plastered on all the classic artists songs though.

I could get off the Audacy stations and just hear some new Interpol, Metric, Fontaines D.C. or IDLES on the locally owned station instead. More fun that way. 😛

God I sound like a 2000's cynic, I'm sorry. Those old bands were just so good at making emo.

7 hours ago, President Squidward said:

I thought his Misery Buisness cover a couple years back was okay, but why would I listen to this poser's music for poptimism rock when I could listen to Willow or Olivia Rodrigo who are a bit more interesting at doing it?

the High School Musical: The Musical: The Series actress did that!