• Advertisement

Q2 2022 Announcements (4/22/2022)

Steel Sponge

Welcome to the first official spin-off announcement topic for 2022, and yeah...four months in and I've already shirked production on my remaining backlog, but I'm going to let this topic give me the motivation that I need to push things forward. Naturally, most updates are the same for Lost in Translation, Rebirth of a Storm, and Tiki Land, so they won't be mentioned here, but I will bring my attention to few quirky side-projects, and so I'm going to start off with them before going over the rest of my backlog...

Spin-Off Festival 2022: First things first, I'm not involved with anything for this imminent event (or at least not yet), but I am going to be doing something special for the occasion, and you'll understand why later when I say that I'm going to try and make this one count this year 'round.

Steel's Music Reviews: For those who haven't seen me hint at this a few times on the Discord server, I'll be making my retirement as a music reviewer pretty soon. I'm giving myself an assortment to send it off with, and here is a look at what the last batch of reviews will look like:
-Top 10 Best Alternative Hit Songs of 2019 (Don't think I've forgotten about this one)
-Top 10 Best Hit Songs of 1995
-A dual top 10 list to bring some life to Claps' Entertainment 2021 thread, which I won't disclosure until they are published
-Another special list that I will keep as a special surprise until after I publish the latter, which is something that I've been meaning to do since the past year.

Jjs' Riffing Theater: This is back once again with Family Guy as the current target. While I will very much be participating for it, I've settled on a minimum of three episodes to cover. My first riffing appearance for FG will be for "Screams of Silence."

The Writing Sessions: Once again, they are not canceled and I am once again reviving them for my current attempts to self-discipline me into pushing the production of my spin-offs. I don't have a date set for my next one, but I have plans to start another a new session later next month.

With all that out of the way, let's go over some of the updates for some of my other spin-offs....

Chemist Bob's Catastrophic Creations Cinema: I announced this a while back that I intend to bring this back from hiatus. A new episode will be posted late this month while next month will be seeing a bit of overhaul. Once the still-current riffing project for Guru Gakuto is up to the 13th episode, this series will take another break until August to finish up the rest of the series.

Total Drama Treasure Tour: Like I said before, this is currently on hiatus until my focused spin-offs are completed. Best case scenario, I can be able to resume it during the month of June before I can commit to my long overdue new episode overhaul in early July, which is when the 15th anniversary of the original Total Drama series will take place. 

Oh Yeah! Collections: While I could've addressed this earlier, I am also, of course, taking a break from my series of one-offs until further notice. At this point though, I have four more of these to write up.

Tomorrow/Tomorrow for sure/Eventually.../Uhhhh...: In the meantime, be sure to look out for the Lost in Translation finale, the Rebirth of a Storm finale, and the VERY long overdue premiere of Trinity Leaf Pegasus before the next quarter. I am still focused on these and I will try to get each of these done sooner than later.

That wraps up the roundup of updates for my spin-offs/lits this year. If my progress speeds up within the next couple months, I should be able to deliver more interesting news in July.

• Thanks 1