• Advertisement

273a. Potato Puff

Jinjo

Pretty loud and crazy in certain aspects like a typical post-sequel but I enjoyed this. The premise of Puff replacing herself with a potato was a cool idea and the ep was non-stop action with excellent animation. While the episode did not make me laugh too much, I really enjoyed Mrs. Puff's antics here. Her pulling a heist on submarine, watching the wrestling show and becoming a wrestler named TUFF, all enjoyable. This was Danny Giovannini's first episode on the main show and he did so good here. I'm glad we are getting new writers on board soon. This was overall a fun and action-packed ep.

Grade: B+

The fact that writers are still SOMEHOW able to write NEW Boating School episodes after 23 years and more than 12 seasons is astounding in of itself. Of course, Mrs. Puff had to blow her own plan, by NOT doing her job in at least WATCHING Spongebob take his boating exam, and FORGETTING that her walkie-talkie was STILL turned on when watching TV! Even PATRICK didn't forget THAT! Still, it is interesting to know that Mrs. Puff has wrestling skills and put them to good use. One mild nitpick, the potato got PEELED than turned into MASHED potatoes and covered with GRAVY, yet when Mrs. Puff goes to jail, the potato appears there INTACT, STILL with Mrs. Puff's hair! But, since this IS Danny Giovanni's FIRST episode on the show, I guess I can give him a beginner's pass. All in all, I'd give it an 8.8 out of 10. Enough said, true believers!