• Advertisement

Korra only has one and a half good season. Why/How?

kev

37403F97-FF9E-4175-A0AA-7AC880EF80BC.jpg.1d154f634ac9d14accbfe86896838c38.jpg

Despite many SBC users claiming it to be one of the best animated shows on Nickelodeon in the 2010s, it is still subjected to massive criticism while also being under the shadows of its largely popular and more successful predecessor, Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Now with praise of Book 3 & half of Book 1 accounted for towards the menacing portrayal of Red Lotus and Amon, the other seasons fall short due to their overall story. The final season, for example, is centered around Dua Lipa-lookalike Kuvira.

Kuvira.png.6c787fc325ac5a43d39f31fd5a872

With the quality of Book 4 being unable to match Book 3, are you surprised that Nickelodeon bailed on the series so quickly and removed it from airing new episodes on the main channel? Shook? In discomfort? 

They tried to get PR with the lesbian ending but the fact of the matter is that Avatar STOMPS Ms. Korra to smithereens. The world building and characters are a damn mess and the series proves that Avatar writes can NOT do romance and shouldn't attempt to. Book 3 is a classic in the Avatar franchise (outside of the dreadfully written Zaheer) and I actually do enjoy Kuvira but the rest of it was a mess. And YES season one was bad because no one cares about pro-bending sorry. 

red-velvet-red-velvet-queendom.gif

18 minutes ago, kylie✨ said:

They tried to get PR with the lesbian ending but the fact of the matter is that Avatar STOMPS Ms. Korra to smithereens. The world building and characters are a damn mess and the series proves that Avatar writes can NOT do romance and shouldn't attempt to. Book 3 is a classic in the Avatar franchise (outside of the dreadfully written Zaheer) and I actually do enjoy Kuvira but the rest of it was a mess. And YES season one was bad because no one cares about pro-bending sorry. 

can't do romance well when majority of your characters are insufferable ...

As far as I'm concerned, Korra gets its praise for not being one of many of Nickelodeon's failed SpongeBob clones during the channel's so-called dork age. And it got mistreated regardless of the show's quality because that's just how Cyma's Nickelodeon rolls.

(you know i'm joking along with you guys, so don't take this seriously)

16 hours ago, Cousin Mel said:

As far as I'm concerned, Korra gets its praise for not being one of many of Nickelodeon's failed SpongeBob clones during the channel's so-called dork age. And it got mistreated regardless of the show's quality because that's just how Cyma's Nickelodeon rolls.

(you know i'm joking along with you guys, so don't take this seriously)

all criticisms pertaining to Korra are valid!

01249B78-056E-4098-A460-96BA9B79C8BE.png.6435582a4f989df3c1b859ab04214081.png