• Advertisement

Snowcember Story Contest 2021

Jjs Goodman

7Qe2aM1.png

This returns from previous years. Here are the rules:

• Submit a written winter/holiday/Christmas themed work. You may use an existing spin-off, or create a completely separate entry. It does not have to be specifically about Christmas or any holiday, it can be about winter in general.
  • It does not have to be SpongeBob related.
  • Your creation must at least be 200 words. 
  • It must be something you have written, do not plagiarize someone else's work.
  • Post it in this thread by December 28, 2021 by 7pm EST.

Me, JCM and OWM will be the judges. The winner will receive a point for their side, 200 experience points, 1,000 doubloons, and a trophy you can display in your profile/signature.

Have fun, and let the best writer win!

Webby's Friendship Adventure

It was the day after Christmas. Webby invited her friends to visit her and discuss the plan to attack FOWL, whenever they are ready to fight.

“As you can see, FOWL has tried to get their hands on this mystical sword. We don’t exactly know why yet.” Webby said.

“I would suggest it has something to do with Scrooge, I think we could figure it out our own.” Violet said.

“Reminds me of how my aunt is obsessed with the amulet like she the crazy witch she is.” Lena said.

“Well one thing’s for sure: we must find a way to find out if FOWL wants this, it could be leading up to our final battle…and last adventure.” Webby said, starting to feel sad.

“Hey, don’t be upset, Webby. I remember how you saved me from her. We did not get along when we first met, but now we are friends. I know we can do it.” Lena said.

Webby nodded.

“So, now what do we do?” Violet asked.

“We must find something to keep ourselves busy from them. Besides, I had fun helping Scrooge and Santa save Christmas.” Webby said.

"Wow, he really was a nice guy.” Lena said.

“Absolutely, I am BEST ELF!” Webby said.

Webby happily runs around, but she accidentally trips over a present that she did not notice. The tag on it reads it’s for Darkwing Duck.

“OH MY GOSH!” Webby realized, as she carefully picks it up.

“Who’s that person?” Violet asked, looking at the tag puzzled.

“I don’t know either.” Lena said.

“WHAT?!” Webby yelled, as she was shocked to hear her friends have not heard of Darkwing Duck.

“You guys, he’s a legendary superhero, the terror that flaps in the night, he’s Darkwing Duck!” Webby exclaimed, showing the gift to them.

“Maybe I forgot to give it to him. What do you say, Team Magic? Who’s ready to save Christmas- I mean, AFTER Christmas?” Webby encouraged, hoping her friends can help her.

Lena and Violet nodded as they all left Webby’s room. They run outside in search for Darkwing Duck. Little did they know that finding Darkwing Duck is no easy task.

“Pretty sure we don’t exactly know where he is, Webby.” Violet said, looking around the snow.

“I know he’s out there somewhere. I remember Launchpad mentioned he has secret hideout somewhere.” Webby pondered.

Just then, Lena gasped as she saw Darkwing Duck’s place in the distance and points to it.

“Over there.” Lena said, pointing to Darkwing Duck’s place.

Webby and her friends ran as fast they could and make it to the door. Violet knocks on the door. The door mysterious opens, confusing them. They walk inside and look round for him. Then, the lights shine, surprising them.

“I’m the terror that flaps in the night, I’m the one who opens the door…” a figure said, as it swooped down revealing himself him to be Darkwing Duck.

“I’m Darkwing Duck!” Darkwing Duck introduced.

“Wow.” Lena and Violet said, in unison.

“So, what are you kids doing at my place?” Darkwing Duck questioned them.

“Well, I came here to give you this since I think I forgot to give you a gift.” Webby said, handing the gift over to Darkwing Duck who was surprised.

“Merry Christmas, well technically it was yesterday, but still.” Webby said smiling.

“Aw thanks lass, I hope you have a belated Christmas too.” Darkwing Duck said happy

“We better get going, see you” Webby waved to him as they leave.

“That was a fun little adventure.” Lena said.

“I’ll say, he was a cool superhero. I would love to see more of him in action.” Violet said.

“Aw, you guys are the best.” Webby said, cheerfully. 

Just then, a snowball hit her. Webby turned around, seeing Lena whistling innocently. Webby smirked, and she throws a snowball back at her. Everyone is now having a snowball fight, laughing, and continuing to enjoy their winter fun.

• Like 1

A Very Scooby-Doo Christmas Spectacular

It's the night before Christmas, and the snow-covered dirt roads of the countryside were completely untouched. That is until the groovy green Mystery Machine drove upon them. The gang was excitedly (and nervously) driving to the site of the latest mystery.

"Like zoinks, it's Christmas! Can't we just take a day off?" Cried Shaggy from the back.

"Rah, ray off!" Chimed in Scooby.

Fred chuckled. "It's almost Christmas, which means it's not Christmas yet! Tomorrow, we'll take the day off."

"Until then, we have to find out who is impersonating Jack Frost in the Klaus manor!" Velma interjected. "It's a very perplexing mystery to be sure!"

"What if it's really Jack Frost though?" Shaggy asked fearfully. The rest of the gang (besides Scooby of course) laughed in response.

"Oh c'mon you two!" Daphene said. "Here, have some frosted Scooby snacks to calm your nerves because we're driving up to the manor now."

"Zoinks!" the two said in unison.

--------------------

A few hours later, Shaggy and Scooby were hiding in the musty, dark attic of the manor. As usual, the gang split up into groups, Fred, Daphne and Velma doing the heavy lifting and Shaggy and Scooby not messing things up.

"You know Scoob, this is spooky but overall it's not a ba-"

"AAGGGGHHHHH!"

Shaggy was interrupted by a shrill, ear-piercing shriek. He'd heard the others shout plenty of times, but this wasn't a shout --- it was a scream of horror. "Ruh roh" went Scooby.

"MWHAHAHA!" An evil laugh came. Now that sounded familiar. "YOU TWO ARE NEXT!"

Shaggy and Scooby turned their heads around to see a pale, white icy figure staring straight at them. They didn't even have the time to say zoinks before running right through the floor and down the stairs. Running through a few doors, they saw a horrifying sight --- their friends entrapped in ice! Each of them in a huge, individual slab of ice as a giant incinerator began pumping next to them. Jack Frost then floated on in.

"THIS CHRISTMAS WILL BE YOUR LAST IT SEEMS!" He shouted hideously. He began chasing them around the room, until Scooby ran right into the ice coffins, knocking them open and freeing the gang. Jack Frost then fell right into one himself!

"Good job gang!" Fred said. "Now lets see who you really are!"

Jack's head however stayed on tight. "Like I told you, I'm Jack Frost!"

The gang just ran out the door and never returned.

• Like 2

Here's my late entry at a little over 400 words, so yeah, take it for what you will:

Fire and Ice

Winter approaches
The cold snap is quite ahead
Chills you to the bone

Autumn had fallen
The heat of the summer passed
Spring can only wait

It is the harshest
Of the four season cycle
For a few reasons

Your vital senses
Are threatened by the winter