1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Presents
    • 4/5 Presents
    • 3/5 Presents
    • 2/5 Presents
    • 1/5 Presents

aFLat4P.png

Premieres: Friday, December 10th at 7pm ET/PT

Plot: SpongeBob and his pals travel to the North Pole to give Santa a present.

Promo:

Spoiler

This will be the 3rd Christmas special of the series. 

Technically, it's the FOURTH Christmas Special, if you count "Goons On The Moon" (where Spongebob and company run into Santa), or, if we're being REALLY generous; the SIXTH Christmas Special if you count the Christmas Specials done by "Kamp Koral" and "The Patrick Star Show", but I digress! Enough said!

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, 4EverGreen said:

Technically, it's the FOURTH Christmas Special, if you count "Goons On The Moon" (where Spongebob and company run into Santa), or, if we're being REALLY generous; the SIXTH Christmas Special if you count the Christmas Specials done by "Kamp Koral" and "The Patrick Star Show", but I digress! Enough said!

I personally don't really count Moon because the Christmas element of it wasn't originally intended and just something Nick made them include later on for promotional reasons.

This was a harmless episode that there is barely anything wrong about it. It's just compared to previous two specials, I felt like this didn't have anything special or unique about it. The plot is pretty much Plankton doing the same schtick in It's A SpongeBob Christmas except road trip. That literally made me lose interest in the whole journey from the getgo. Patchy and Potty cameos were nice, I liked seeing them in animated form but screw Nick for spoiling such a big surprise. The animation was spectacular and I loved the decision to make surface scenes animated. Couple of gags worked like bulldozer joke, zombie apocalypse line and the shot of angry reindeers. I found the present SpongeBob gave to Santa sweet and it's such a SpongeBob thing to do. The ending of Plankton getting a Christmas photo was nice. I can't speak much negative things here other than Plankton's role being completely unoriginal and lazy. The episode was just uninteresting and nothing special to me.

Grade: B-

Snowman 1:

pztkewE.png

LOOK AT HIM, MY BOY HAS RETURNED

SpongeBobs_Road_to_Christmas_104.png

Here I am with my first episode review in 2 years. As someone who doesn't regularly keep up with the snow anymore, I thought this was decent, even if it wasn't as great as the other two Christmas specials. The Plankton, SpongeBob and Patrick dynamic helped make this entertaining and stand out on its own. Plankton had a lot of great lines and moments throughout. Patchy and Potty's animated cameos were nice and one of my favorite moments of the episode. It was overall a wholesome, sweet episode that I don't have much to complain about.

Also, I don't know if it was just me but SpongeBob's voice sounded weirdly deeper here.

Grade: A for the Scooter cameo, but realistically probably a 7.5/10 idk

• Like 1

My only real complaint about this episode, is that most of this episode took place during July, so, it SHOULD have been a "Christmas In July" special more than anything. Nothing bad about it though, glad we got to see reindeer in animated form for the first time this series. and the road trip element had potential, they just didn't do as much with it as they could have. Still, nice that Santa got a gift for a change. All in all, I guess I would give the special an 8.8 out of 100, for Patchy's and Potty's first traditional animated appearance, and the return of Scooter. Enough said, true believers!