Episode Rating  

3 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Narwhals
    • 4/5 Narwhals
    • 3/5 Narwhals
    • 2/5 Narwhals
    • 1/5 Narwhals

I feel like I would've liked this episode if it weren't basically a promotion for Kamp Koral. I really had to fight hard not to grab the remote. Given that I don't watch it, I didn't really know whether I should like the narwhals or not. I figured out that it would be a "thing that would not leave" plot from the beginning, though it was a surprise that the rest of the narwhals that showed up weren't really narwhals or Narlene's family. The episode's one saving grace was seeing Plankton's family again, though it was kinda random to have one of the Planktons look like Ma Angler.

So, I'm kinda torn between this episode being bad and just okay.  

ot gonna lie, I was not into this episode during the first half. It wasn't doing bad, it's just the Kamp Koral characters transitioning into the show didn't come off as natural as It should have beeen and this show reintroducing them did not help with them being nothing but redneck stereotypes but the ep got good after many of Narlene and Nobby's supposed relatives come to invade Bikini Bottom and it got even better after Plankton's relatives have showed up to stop them. Plankton's Army was not in my bingo card for callbacks and it was even more shocking to see a Trenchbillies callback. The episode's humor wasn't for me but whenever Squidward was there, it was funny. It's not a great ep but I did enjoy it for sure.

Grade: B

For a relatively (I'm ASSUMING it was cheaply written) episode that REALLY works hard to legitimize "Kamp Koral's" continuity connection to the main "Spongebob Squarepants" series more, it was surprisingly NOT as badly written as I feared it might be. It was interesting to see Nobby all grown up and big, and I really wasn't THAT off-put by the behavior of the Hillbillies (although maybe I've just become numb to things that are SUPPOSED to be shocking and offensive, due to all the far MORE offensive and shocking things that I've already had to endure in the past five years, that DOESN'T relate to "Spongebob Squarepants" whatsoever, but that's REALLY not important to this review). Totally wasn't expecting that most of the Narwhals, WEREN'T Narwhals at all, or Noreen's family for that matter! Totally wasn't expecting Plankton's Family to make a comeback either! (And no, "One Coarse Meal" doesn't count, that was an Imagine Spot in a HORRIBLY made, non-canon episode). In any case, IF we see Noreen and Nobby again in this series, hopefully, more will be done with them. For now, this episode gets an 8.8 out of 10. Enough said, true believers!