• Advertisement

New SpongeBob Game Announced: The Cosmic Shake

Jinjo

During THQ Nordic's 10th anniversary presentation today, they unveiled a brand new SpongeBob platforming game, titled The Cosmic Shake. If you do not count Rehydrated due to it being a remaster, then this will be the first original new SpongeBob game since 2015.

header.jpg?t=1631905798

Wish-granting Mermaid’s Tears in the hands of SpongeBob and Patrick… What could possibly go wrong?

Sure, the very fabric holding the very universe very together could come very undone, opening up portals into Wishworlds full of knights, cowboys, pirates, and prehistoric snails.

But that’s nothing everyone’s favorite sponge can’t handle - with the right cosmic costume! Everybody do the Cosmic Shake!

Trailer:

Story: SpongeBob and Patrick meet the mysterious fortune teller Kassandra who gives them a vial full of Mermaid’s Tears. Legend claims they grant the wishes of those who are pure of heart… Naturally, the two best buddies get overexcited and their flurry of wishes tears open the very fabric of space and time. All while releasing Cosmic Jelly onto Bikini Bottom and opening portals to strange Wishworlds in the process. Now it’s up to our heroes to rescue their friends who got lost in the Wishworlds and bring back Bikini Bottom’s most iconic buildings. But Kassandra has her own devious plan…

Features:

• Unlock classic and new platforming skills like the Fishhook Swing and Karate Kick
  • Don more than 30 F.U.N.tastic costumes like SnailBob and SpongeGar
  • Travel to 7 distinct Wishworlds like Wild West Jellyfish Fields and Halloween Rock Bottom
  • Experience all the buddy movie banter with SpongeBob’s permanent companion Balloon-Patrick
  • Meet all your favorite Bikini Bottomites from the series, voiced by their original actors
  • Enjoy the in-game soundtrack featuring 101 songs from the series, including Sweet Victory

It will be developed by Purple Lamp Studios, the same studio behind Rehydrated. The game will be available for Xbox One, PS4, Switch and PC. No release date currently.

• Happy 1

They're still making SB content my dream for a Nicktoons Unite remaster ain't dead yet!

I'll say that I'm...excited, I suppose, for a new game? Like, I'm definitely hyped and I'm sure they'll go with the platforming route a la early console SB games, but 7 Wishworlds? Hmm, depending on how they're doing these worlds this sounds quite short a game from the offset.

Looks like there'll be at least a hub world feature if bringing back "iconic buildings" is of any indication, so that'll be cool. Can't go wrong with a good hub world.

Should be a fun endeavor. Would probably buy in a sale though, honestly.

• Like 1

Never thought they'd bring back Cro-Magnon Sponge, Snail Sponge, Knight Sponge, and SpongeBuck again! And as far as seven worlds go? "Mario + Rabbids Battle Kingdom" only had 4 levels, but each level had 10 stages, and optional challenges that made the game feel longer and harder than that! Maybe this upcoming game will have a similar deal; a small number of levels, but a healthy amount of stages, and a bunch of optional challenges to extend the game beyond the regular game-play! It's definitely something I'm putting on MY watch list! Enough said, true believers!

I'm gonna be super honest:

I KINDA SCREAMED WHEN I SAW THE ANNOUNCEMENT AND I'M ALSO VERY HYPED.

That being said I will try to keep myself very calm because man I don't wanna make my expectations way too high. But god... GOD I'M EXCITED. It's been too long when it comes to notable original spongebob game content and I'm here for it! :plankton2:

4 hours ago, Aquatic Konquest said:

They're still making SB content my dream for a Nicktoons Unite remaster ain't dead yet!

also I'm very much hopeful for Nicktoons too with the smash clone coming and gaining a lot of interest I hope it can bring some attention to Nicktoons Unite either as a remaster or another game in the series.

• Like 1

Even though it's only in the game, this STILL marks the first time we've seen Larry the Snail, Spongegar, Patar, Squag, and Spongebuck in ages! It will be interesting to see this game FINALLY come out! Enough said, true believers!

Cosmic Jelly #1:

waRUf0J.png

• Thanks 1

The Collector’s Edition, dubbed the BFF Edition, will cost a whopping $249.99, and comes with a ton of physical and digital goodies, including: a Costume Pack DLC, a 25cm Cosmic Victory Statue, four placemats, four mini bouncing balls, a BFF amulet necklace, and a 50cm Inflatable Patrick. Available for pre-order now.

9 hours ago, NegiSpongie said:

When is this coming out?

There is still no official date yet, other than sometime in 2023. I assume it may release in the spring/summer period like Rehydrated did.

Japanese Spongebob is surprisingly spot on in tone! Hindi and Indonesian Spongebob sound WAY too deep for those languages though...although for all we know, those might be the BEST actors they could find for those languages! I mean, you got to work with what you can find and have; as a Radio D.J., I know THAT from personal experience all too well! Enough said!

• Wow 1

Wow! Someone remembered Sandy's "Kill Bill" outfit, and the fact that Gary is next in line to be a King! I wonder what other surprise things they'll bring back up in this game? Anyways, it will be out in less than two months, so we'll all find out real soon! Enough said, true believers!