• Advertisement

WhoBob's Top 50 Best TV/Web Shows of All-Time

WhoBibbles

Happy 12th anniversary, SBC! IN MY TIMEZONE!!!

Welp here it is, the project I have been meaning to do since forever.  I have been inspired by Clappy's very very old list to do my own list. It's no shocker that TV has been my favorite entertainment ever. Whether it's my favorite characters doing shenanigans or overarching narratives that keep me hooked or giant ass worldbuilding I'm awed to or the overall satisfaction and enjoyment i have with the stories whether they are serialized or episodic. Like many of us I have grown up with TV and it's even becoming a bigger thing with streaming channels. I wanna honor all these shows that impacted my life or put a smile on my face. So yeah. I'm gonna be busy with work for 3 weeks after 9 days but I'm gonna try my best to keep you updated on the list whenever we make it so far. I ain't giving up that easily, so I hope it'll be a success and even bring some discussion for us. Stay tuned.

• Like 4

Firstly, I wanna make some rules.

1) Excluding limited shows, I'll only include shows that I have watched up to their second season and more. So like if there is a show I got into like The Owl House which their seasons haven't ended yet or like cowboy bebop which I haven't finished yet, I cannot add them. My list can change as I watch more shows along the way but at the very least, this is the list I'm sticking with this year.

2) Shows that I have a lot of criticisms of and has stuff I deeply hate but I still cannot stop loving will be there and you'll see those shows. After all, nothing is perfect.

3) Like I said in number 1, my opinions on shows can change and I may or may not feel favorably towards anymore and there are gonna be new shows coming my way to watch and love them. Maybe I'll love some shows on the lower side of list more and I'll love some shows on the higher side of the list even less. Opinions can change.

4) This isn't a rule but I wanna have as much as discussion as I possibly can with this list. I don't make this list just to show I can make a top 50 list. This is a way to talk to shows with you people. I don't just wanna brag about my favorites, I wanna see you talk about your favorite shows as well and whether you'll agree with my choices or not. Maybe we'll have the same taste on certain shows. Who knows? Does Who know? No. But I want you guys to have as much fun as I do at least.

5) I'm gonna have #50-1 divided into ten posts. So you'll know how it'll go.

Alright, let's begin.

WhoBob’s Top 50 TV/Web Shows of All-Time

#50: Star Wars Rebels:

tumblr_965fcc30488cbf45ff9c5e283dcd85cb_

Best Episodes: Twilight of the Apprentice, A World Between Worlds, Jedi Night, Trials of the Darksaber, Twin Suns

Best Characters: Kanan, Ezra, Sabine

I was thinking whether I should put this show on my list or not. It has been one of my last binges before covid spread to my entire country and it was something I have wanted to check out for long. I’m a Star Wars nerd, I have been a fan of it ever since I was a kid. I love, admire and enjoy the original trilogy, love to meme, criticize and appreciate the prequels and... love to have mixed feelings on the sequels. But one thing I’ll always appreciate is the extended universe of it. The worldbuilding of this franchise is richer than just being about a fight against good and evil. And this show highlights why I love Star Wars so much. I have criticisms of the show for sure. It can make bad writing choices and its filler is sometimes not really all that exciting. But what I love about the show is that it’s about a family a boy with a force makes after losing one he had. It’s a group of misfits and outcasts trying to rebel (heh) against a dictatorship. It’s a good show about a master and an apprentice developing a bond over something far greater than them. It’s a good show that also explores what certain popular characters have been doing in that dark time. But the core of it is always about the family you make. And that really touches me. That’s why it’s here.

#49: Spider-Man: The Animated Series:

Spiderman Animated Gif GIFs | Tenor

Best Episodes/Arcs: Make a Wish/Attack of the Octobot, Secret Wars (three episode arc), Turning Point, Venom Returns/The Carnage, The Spot

Best Characters: Spider-Man, Mary Jane, Black Cat

Ah 90s Marvel. They were sure as hell my childhood back in the days. This show is the reason why Spider-Man is one of my favorite characters today. It does a lot of things so well. Sometimes It can be rare to see a Spider-Man adaptation that actually tackles Peter Parker as an adult and the show does it so well with that concept. You can see a more matured Peter crawling around, making web slingers and fighting time. He’s still your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. He quips, he battles against a lot of forces and he can be serious and intimidating if you cross with him. As much as the show laid the foundation on my love of the character, the show did not age well in certain aspects. Some dialogue can be too cheesy and the occasional choppy animation along with censorship it has faced did not help the show be as amazing as it should have been. There are better Spider-Man adaptations you can find than this dated show but that’s not to say the show is not important to me. It has a special place in my heart along with many other 90s and early 00s shows I have watched on Jetix. It’s such a fun and exciting show that any Spider-Man fan should check out at least once in their lifetime.

#48: Atlanta

Shhhh black boy atlanta fx GIF on GIFER - by Bladestone

Best Episodes: B.A.N., Teddy Perkins, Value, Woods, Alligator Man

Best Characters: Darius, Van, Paper Boi

This was another show I was debating to include on the list. This is one of those shows I get the whole praise and appreciation for but does not hit me the same way I wish to be. That doesn’t mean it’s not good. It’s a great show but I still feel like I need to see more of this show to consider it an all-time favorite of mine. And two years of hiatus did not help the case at all. Regardless, this show is important. It’s about the lives of black people living in Atlanta trying to make a living. Our main protagonists, Earn, Paper Boi (Alfred), Darius and Van dealing with difficulties of trying to be something. Whether that is Earn jugging with being a manager, an ex-husband, yet boyfriend, a father, Paper Boi trying to be a successful rapper, Van dealing with being a teacher and a mother and whatever shenanigans Darius puts himself into. Each episode focuses on a different character and their struggles. Main character is Earn but the whole world of Atlanta is a character. The show deals with a lot of topics of different kinds of racism, class issues, transphobia, black culture and more stuff. It can be something very silly and funny and it can also be something serious and dramatic. It’s a show that does it all and that’s why I think it deserves a spot on my list.

#47: Danny Phantom

Danny Phantom GIFs

Best Episodes: Reign Storm, The Ultimate Enemy, Reality Trip, Frightmare, The Fright Before Christmas

Best Characters: Tucker, Vlad, Jazz

Oh boy, a spooky ghost! I feel like Danny Phantom is the only show from Butch Hartman that actually uses its creativity and ambition to its fullest. This is a show that is clearly inspired by Spider-Man. A teenage boy gets into an accident that leads to developing superpowers and uses them for good. He goes to high school and deals with any teenage person issues, girls, bullies, grades, popularity, yadda yadda. But it’s a lot more than just a Spider-Man pastiche. The show has a lot of complex characters, intriguing backstories and cool lore that you cannot help but get hooked on. Action and the animation of this show is incredible along with mostly episodic but entertaining, sometimes overarching stories they focus on to make the show feel fresh. And unlike any other Butch shows, characters actually get developed and grow as the show goes on. My only problem with this show is that its actual mastermind Steve Marmel left the show after s2 and the quality drop was clear in s3. It doesn’t help that it was shortened out cuz Nickelodeon executives are dickbags but It really should have been an exciting final season but it was just a decent season with questionable writing choices and rushed pacing. Still, it did have a serviable finale and I wouldn’t want anyone trying to bring this show back under any circumstances. It’s a great show that had more promises but couldn’t deliver.

#46: The Boys

The Boys Review | This Made My Day | Boys, Karl urban, All episodes

Best Episodes: The Self-Preservation Society, What I Know, Butcher Baker Candlestick Maker, Nothing Like It in The World, The Innocents

Best Characters: Frenchie, Starlight, Hughie

This was a show I did not expect to be as much of a hit as it became. I was happy to be wrong. From the creator and first five season showrunner of Supernatural, Erik Kripke, he has returned to make a statement. Superheroes SUCK! I'm actually joking. I love superheroes but man, after a whole decade of superhero movies, tv shows and video games, you probably asked yourself “I’m tired of superheroes, I want something new.”. and here you have it. It’s an entire show about how superheroes of the show are bunch of celebrity pricks and “cunts” who abuse their power to satisfy themselves and it’s up to 5 individuals to stop them for good. This is the adaptation of a comic book series of the same name, co-created by Garth Ennis who has written amazing stories like Punisher MAX run on Marvel and Preacher at DC Vertigo. But whenever The Boys comes up, people rather say it’s a very immature, edgy, dark for the sake of dark, nonsensical and offensive comic that is there to satisfy a bunch of angry teenagers. And what does the adaptation do? Actually improve the concept. The comic’s whole message is that “superheroes are assholes” and that’s about it. But the show does more than that. It makes commentary on the oversaturation of superheroes, how the US military is corrupt, how these heroes are admired as celebrities but like some celebrities, they get away with their crimes and scandals and so on. It’s also a pastiche on Superman with the main villain of the show being a childish, rapist and murderer Superman. It does a lot of things and I’m not gonna reveal it all but you should experience the whole deal for yourselves. It’s the biggest amazon prime hit I have ever known and it continues to build its fandom. It’s a must watch for sure.

• Like 4

#45: Big Little Lies

HBO - Big Little Lies 1. Sezon Yorumları | Page 2 | Fav10 | Favori Sosyal  Platformunuz | FF - FavoriForumum

Best Episodes: What You Need, Burning Love, Once Bitten, Tell-tale Hearts, The Bad Mother

Best Characters: Celeste, Reneta, Jane

Adapted by an acclaimed novel, this series manages to be one of the best TV adaptations of a novel. The series follows 5 women going through their issues in life and how to deal with them. Oh and there’s a mysterious murder and we are trying to figure out who is it. The show is very impactful because it tackles a number of social issues in life. Whether it’s about abuse, sexual assault, cheating or bullying, the show does it all. It has an excellent cast and everyone does their job so well. Child acting can be a difficult thing to manage but the show has great child acting. Like I said, everyone brings something to the table. The main reason why this show is on the list is because the first season is excellent. It has a gripping mystery and the character arcs here are amazingly written. And the mystery pays off at the end and you will definitely think the show should have stayed a miniseries. I really agree with that for the most part because I felt the second season wasn’t quite as strong as the first and I have some issues with certain arcs there. But I’ll say this. Second season wraps up an arc of a character left unresolved in the first season and how they manage to do it is actually good. And it serves as a good epilogue to the whole story. Some didn’t like it but I was satisfied throughout. It’s a very good show that deserves all the praise it has gotten.

#44: X-Men: The Animated Series

Xmen Wolverine GIF - Xmen Wolverine Logan - Discover & Share GIFs

Best Episodes/Arcs: The Phoenix Saga, One Man’s Worth, Beyond Good and Evil, Weapon X, The Dark Phoenix Saga

Best Characters: Cyclops, Magneto, Gambit

Here’s another 90s Marvel show I love. This was my very first introduction to X-Men and my god, it had every right to be beloved this much. The show is a good way to introduce people to what X-Men truly means. The show is beloved a lot for using elements from Claremont’s famous 16 year Uncanny X-Men comic run as well as some stuff from the 90s and doing its characters justice. I truly fell in love with these characters and what situations they got into. The serialization of this show was done so perfectly. You can tell these characters grow so much and the story progresses a lot. Animation can be bad at times in the first two seasons and therefore, some aspects of the show feels so cheesy and outdated. But the third and fourth season along with the first few episodes of the fifth season have good animation and do a lot of amazing action sequences. My only complaint is the cheesiness of the show, outdated animation in the first two seasons, a really weird ass animation change in the fith season and the dumb Scott/Jean/Logan love triangle that I wish it weren’t a thing. Still, I highly recommend this show to any X-Men fan ever.

#43:Batman Beyond

Batman Beyond Power GIF - Batman Beyond Power Batman - Discover & Share GIFs

Best Episodes: The Call, Zeta, Curse of the Kobra, Ace in the Hole, Meltdown

Best Characters: Terry/Batman Beyond, Barbara, Blight

This show is a strange one. One that it shouldn’t have worked in the slightest but it did. Many years after Batman’s family had a fallout and Bruce stood alone and got tired of fighting, he got himself a new person to take the cowl and that’s Terry McGinnis who is a teenager that has faced a tragic event and the whole future is cyberpunk. Many shows have attempted to do futuristic spin-offs of them and all of them failed from my knowledge. Except this one shockingly enough. The show surprisingly gave us a shit on why this new Batman in a dark future matters. Terry is actually a good candidate for Bruce’s vendetta and throughout the show we see how he is a Batman in his own unique way. It’s like they mixed Spider-Man, Batman and cyberpunk and they actually got a good result. The show is not perfect like what they did with Bruce and Barbara’s relationship was actually gross and it’s not as memorable as Batman: The Animated Series but it’s a very fun futuristic show that most Batman fans will be pleased by.

#42: G.L.O.W.

10 Reasons Why You Should Be Watching 'GLOW' | The Nerd Daily

Best Episodes: The Good Twin, Nothing Shattered, The Libertines, Money’s in the Chase, The Liberal Chokehold

Best Characters: Bash, Ruth, Carmen

A female wrestling show? HOW DARE THEY? Wrestling is a men’s thing! Jokes aside, the show is very amazing and deserved much better. I’m not a wrestling guy by any means but I have heard many praises for this show and I decided to check it out and I was entertained by it. The show’s actually very good for many reasons. For one thing, the timeline of this show takes place in the 80s and it uses that time to tackle so many issues that were in that period. Whether that’s sexism or sexual assault or racial stereotypes or homophobia, the show does it all. And for a large as fuck cast, it does its best to flesh out as much as possible. Seeing these women (and a few men) struggle in achieving dreams and goals is very relatable and it makes for a good compelling story. It has a good comedy and an outstanding drama. It’s a shame Netflix canned this series due to covid. I don’t think it was fair to this show at all. It deserved a final season and sadly we’ll probably never see it. I’ll miss this show for entertaining me and giving me happiness and sadness.

#41: The Penguins of Madagascar

Penguins Of Madagascar Funny Quotes. QuotesGram

Best Episodes: The Return of the Revenge of Dr. Blowhole, Dr. Blowhole’s Revenge, Danger Wears a Cape, Operation: Antarctica, It’s About Time

Best Character: Kowalski, Skipper, Mort

It’s been a while since I have watched the show and I don’t have the best memory of it. I’m not even sure if it has aged well or not. But the thing is that I did love the show back in the days and I still think it is great. The show used to confuse me due to the timeline of madagascar movies but the good thing about this show is that it’s not canon, so they can go wild with whatever they wanna do. The show is just so much fun to watch. It’s action packed, it’s thrilling, it’s exciting and it’s very funny. They knew these four penguins were the best aspects of Madagascar movies, so they made a show about them and it legit paid off. These characters are just as fun as them in the movies and the inclusion of King Julien, Maurice and Mort were a surprise welcome. Marlene is another standout as she is often the voice of reason. The show is good. I’ll always love it and it’ll always have a special place in my heart.

• Like 2

#40: Invader Zim

24 images about Invader Zim (○о○ ) on We Heart It | See more about Invader  Zim, giř and gif

Best Episodes: Bad Bad Rubber Piggy, Game Slave 2, Zim Eats Waffles, GIR Goes Crazy and Stuff, Dib’s Wonderful Life of Doom

Best Characters: Zim, Gir, Gaz

The show apparently was too dark for my country to premiere and oh boy, they were right. And that’s why the show is amazing. Invader Zim is such a dark and twisted show that makes you disgusted, creeped out and horrified and it’s beautiful. I love when cartoons take risks and do something incredible to appeal to all ages. The show is also known for its zany and loud humor which may not be for my taste sometimes but when it works, it totally works. Episodes are mostly creative with a lot of horror elements thrown into it and the characters are usually charming. Animation is great, the music is lovely and the jokes are good. What else to say? This show rules.

#39: Teen Titans

Teen Titans GIFs | Tenor

Best Episodes: How Long is Forever, The End, Aftershock, Haunted, Calling All Titans/Titans Together

Best Characters: Starfire, Raven, Robin

There’s uhhhhhhhhhhh something to be said about Teen Titans. It’s not a good franchise. Not at all. What I mean is that if you ever get a Teen Titans comic recommendation, you should know that even its best, which is the Wolfman/Perez era (the show takes an inspiration from it), in the main canon is not good. Victim blaming, making a sick person to be an anti-hero who was victimized, lots of sexual assault and pervy jokes. You name it. Ok, I’ll admit that I have never read a fucking Titans comic in my life except for a few issues at best. But like the franchise has a lot of bad heat cuz it is never ever good or to be kind, great in the main universe of DC Comics. But this show adapts these stories and removes most of the bad shit and makes it gold. Yes, I love this show so much. Those who wanna read a titans comic, don’t bother and just watch this. This show is just so much fun and gripping to watch. Characters are fleshed out and likeable and stories are funny, entertaining and serious when they want to be. My only problem with this show is that it can get too kiddy at times which can be jarring and its anime style doesn’t always work on me. Regardless, this was one good thing that came out of this dreaded franchise.

#38: Batman: The Animated Series/The New Batman Adventures

Chernobog's Blog: Batman Animated Series 20th Anniversary - Top 10 Favorite  Episodes | Batman cartoon, Batman, Batman universe

Best Episodes: Percentage to Dream, Almost Got Him, Heart of Ice, Mad Love, The Trial

Best Characters: Batman, The Joker, The Riddler

What has been said about this animated series that hasn’t been said enough? It’s excellent. Best Batman adaptation I have ever seen in my entire life. The show’s impact is very huge, it cannot be overstated. It has the best Bruce Wayne stories ever, best Batman stories ever, best Joker stories ever, best Dick Grayson ever, it has a killer voice cast, it gave us Harley Quinn, it popularized Mr. Freeze, it gave us two excellent movies. It’s so impressive. The stories? Very engaging, fun and heartbreaking. The humor? It hits all the time? The voice acting? Top notch. It’s music? Riveting. I love it so much. The only issue I have with this show is that sadly the action is not that good in some of the early episodes but thankfully it gets better later on. And ofc, The new Batman Adventures’ Joker design is terrible and it should be banned from existence. That’s all I can say about this show. It’s so good.

#37: Samurai Jack

Samurai Jack Eating GIF - Samurai Jack Jack Eating - Discover & Share GIFs

Best Episodes: The Birth of Evil, Tale of X-49, Jack and the Haunted House, Jack and the Lava Monster, XCIII

Best Character: Aku, Jack, The Scotsman

Ever wanted an action packed animated samurai show? Well, here it is. Samurai Jack has always been at most people’s top 5 Cartoon Network shows ever and I cannot complain about that. They are right. The reason why I have never checked out this show as a kid is actually very stupid but as an adult, I have grown to find appreciation for this lovely series. The show is very episodic except for its final season but it manages to be very interesting and exciting to watch. But I really have to praise its action sequence. They are so energetic, fluid, thrilling and fun. And the show wouldn’t be good without its villain Aku who is very funny and has a charming voice as well as some darkness behind him. He’s one of my favorite villains ever. But that’s not to say Jack isn’t interesting. The show’s still about him and he is a very compelling protagonist to watch. The only problem I have with this show was the finale not being as good as it should have been but that doesn't mean the show is not worth watching. Anyone who is interested in martial arts and samurai stories, go check this show out.

#36: The Mandalorian

Baby Yoda The Mandalorian GIF - BabyYoda TheMandalorian Warrior - Discover  & Share GIFs Star Wars | Star wars humor, Star wars memes, Star wars fandom

Best Episodes: Chapter 16, 8, 14, 13, 15

Best Characters: The Mandalorian, The Child, Moff Gideon

This show! What a breath of fresh air it was for the whole franchise. This was what was missing after the disappointing sequel trilogy. An actual good sequel story. While the show takes place after Return of the Jedi, it’s accessible to anyone who wants to watch this show and the guest stars of the show are a bonus. Although the show will lead to a big Star Wars event in the future, I can say that the show is still very very good on its own and the guest stars that pop up are cherry on top. It’s an incredible western space opera show that has grit and darkness behind it while it also has a lot of hopeful and silly stuff on the way. That’s what Star Wars is known for anyway. The show has an excellent lead actor and a really great cast behind him (save for the one that shall not be named). Pedro Pascal acts the hell out of The Mandalorian and they show his gritty and brutal personality as well the hidden emotions behind him. He grows as the show goes on and that’s a major plus. And I cannot ignore the one that made the show famous. The Child, also known as Baby Yoda. He’s so cute, entertaining and wacky that has a great dynamic with the lead. He’s an important aspect of the show and I really love seeing his relationship with The Mandalorian grow. The show cannot be missed by any Star Wars fan. It’s the actual sequel of the original movies fans have asked for and they got it. It’s amazing.

• Like 2

#35: Daredevil

Daredevil Season 2 GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Best Episodes: A New Napkin, Penny and Dime, The Devil You Know, Nelson v. Murdock, Condemned

Best Characters: Matt Murdock/Daredevil, Wilson Fisk/Kingpin, Foggy Nelson

Marvel Netflix shows are nothing but wasted potential to me. That doesn’t mean I don’t like them. I really do. I think the casting for these shows are great and most of the episodes of these shows I ended up enjoying but when it comes to everything, these shows’ pacing and overall narrative are very messy, they don’t embrace the comic booky aspects of these characters and some of the shows died before they could conclude their stories (Luke Cage and Iron Fist). However if there is one show that has reached most of its potential, it has to be Daredevil. What can I say? The show is praised for the right reasons. It has a compelling character named Matt Murdock aka Daredevil, because the source material is mature, they do a good job respecting it, the main and the supporting cast are solid af, villains are mostly great and it’s a very compelling show with outstanding action sequences. I always liked Netflix shows’ casting, even Finn Jones did his best as Iron Fist but something about Charlie Cox’s performance as Matt Murdock really engages me. You can see his rage and sadness in his character and he does a very good job portraying him. It is still not perfect like the back half of season 2 is mostly a set up of a bad crossover called The Defenders and the shift between the first and back half are just jarring to me. Regardless, I definitely love this show and I recommend it to anyone who wants a serious superhero tale.

#34: Wander Over Yonder:

Wander Over Yonder - The Greatest GIF | Gfycat

Best Episodes: My Fair Hatey, The Flower, The Battle Royale, The Black Cube, The Void

Best Characters: Silvia, Lord Hater, Lord Dominator

God, this is one of these shows that ended up dying too soon. What an amazing piece of entertainment this was. Wander Over Yonder is such a joyful and lighthearted show that any kid can end up enjoying this. Something about Wander’s hopefulness, kindness and how he has an impact on people are no doubt at all. The show’s very entertaining with its silly humor, beautiful animation and impressive action scenes. Did I also mention that I love cosmic stories? If there is one thing Wander is good at is that it makes the universe feel so large. Wander and Silvia’s adventures to other planets and galaxies make for a fun journey across space. I definitely would like more cosmic shows like this one. The funny thing is that I didn’t include Wander to the best characters section but that’s mainly because he can get a bit irritating sometimes and I feel like he is the best when he bounces off with Lord Hater and other characters are what make the show as well. Their reaction to Wander’s shenanigans definitely make for a good story. So yeah, I wish this show lasted more than two seasons. It ended on a good note but it was telling that Craig McCracken had more things planned out. Hopefully one day this show returns for at least one season.

#33: The Haunting of Hill House/Bly Manor

TheHauntingSource — Fear. Fear is the relinquishment of logic. The...

Best Episodes: The Beast in the Jungle, The Altar of the Dead, Two Storms, The Bent-Neck Lady, The Romance of Certain Old Clothes

Best Characters: Luke Crain, Theo Crain, Dani Clayton, Hannah Grose, Jaime Taylor

I don’t know If it’s cheating but I’m just gonna include both of these shows because both are The Haunting shows, made by Mike Flanagan, have mostly the same cast and are about a haunted house. What is amazing about these shows is that both are not just about the haunted houses. They definitely want to scare the fuck outta you, mostly Hill House but the core of these shows is the characters. Both of them have very engaging characters who have a lot of struggles. Hill House is about a dysfunctional family coming to terms with a death in the family and it’s very compelling and heartfelt. Bly Manor is a beautiful story of romance, death and grief. Both shows have a unique cast with some new additions in Bly Manor and all of them do a very good job portraying their characters. When it comes to scare, I felt like these shows weren’t too scary, especially Bly Manor but I honestly couldn’t care less about that because it was still very atmospheric and the stories were what were good about the show. But regardless, they do have moments of frightening me. Hill House can definitely be seen as a horror show because it uses horror elements the most, whereas Bly Manor is mostly a drama thriller. Mike Flanagan is one of the few horror creators out there who has my attention and I would definitely recommend his movies but these shows are what he is amazing at. Seriously check these shows out.

#32: The Good Place

Top 10 Reasons to Take an Extended Trip to the Good Place (+3 Bonus  Suggestions) | The Good Class

Best Episodes: The Answer, Janet(s), Whenever You’re Ready, Michael’s Gambit, Somewhere Else

Best Characters: Eleanor Shellstrop, Michael, Janet

The Good Place is just a shining example of how to do something different and unique with a sitcom show. Most sitcoms I know are mostly rather about a family or friends or a group of workers, usually very grounded in reality, very episodic and things revert back to status quo after an episode of development. This show is none of those things. Taking place in an afterlife, it’s about a group of nobodies who are very fucked up people trying to be good in a heaven-alike place, known as the good place. That’s the only premise you need to know. I really really love this show. Surprisingly, I felt the humor was the least impressive aspect of it. Don’t get me wrong, it still has a good humor but you can tell some of these jokes coming from these characters from a mile away. But what I found amazing about the show is the ongoing plotlines and characters being developed. The show excels at being a great character drama as well as having a unique lore that keeps you invested. Did I also mention the show is very philosophical? You might think that’s just me taking the show too seriously but no, it is really about philosophy of life. And if you are bored of that, trust me, the show does a great job keeping you hooked. Nothing is ever the same after you watch an episode and that’s how you know the show is great. If you love Michael Schur’s other works, you’ll definitely get a good enjoyment out of this one.

#31: Regular Show

Best Regular Show GIFs | Gfycat

Best Episodes: Think Positive, Exit 9-B, Skip’s Story, A Regular Epic Final Battle, Grave Sights 

Best Characters: Pops, Benson, Skips

I almost considered removing this show from the list because of two unimpressive and lazy seasons that really ruined the show from being so unique and awesome. Being weird and crazy. Not to mention, this show sucks ass at romance which those two seasons were all about. Regardless, I still think this show is so great and deserves a spot on the list because its best is something special. This, along with Adventure Time and Gumball saved Cartoon Network from extinction. Early 10s was a special time because these shows brought a whole new level of audience with its mature and out of ordinary humor. What the show is great at is that it’s usually a simple concept that turns into the most batshit insane thing possible. The show is so creative and mind blowing I find myself entertained by these characters’ shenanigans. When it tries its hardest, the show is really impressive and entertaining and I would definitely recommend anyone to check this show out.

• Like 2

#30: Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Crazy Ex Girlfriend GIFs | Tenor

Best Episodes: Josh’s Ex-Girlfriend is Crazy, When Will Josh and His Friend Leave Me Alone, Josh Has No Idea Where I am, Can Josh Take a Leap of Faith, I Never Want to See Josh Ever Again

Best Characters: Greg Serrano, Rebecca Bunch, Paula Proctor

Maybe it’s my queer side but I really love musicals. They always find a way to entertain me with their catchy music, while moving the plot along the way. I may not watch that many live-action musical movies or never attend a musical theater but I always have fondness for Disney movies and I definitely watched a few live-action musical movies. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is one big musical tv show that I love so much. Its musical numbers are so corny, nasty, cheesy and cringe I can’t help but get entertained by their melody and lyrics. But that’s not the only reason why I love this show so much. Of course, it has great hilarious musical numbers but what I love about this show is the fact that it is a character journey of a woman who gets obsessed over her ex-boyfriend and we see her struggles to get past that. The show delves into mental illness which is a topic that is not handled well in most of the fiction and while how the show approaches mental illness here is subjective, I certainly loved how they handled it. It’s also the most mature and complex CW show I have ever seen so far. It may have a lot of raunchy jokes but the show really gets the pain of abandonment and loneliness. Don’t be afraid of it’s title. It’s very self-aware and the show is more than what it seems.

#29: The Spectacular Spider-Man

The Spectacular Spider Man Tssm GIF - The Spectacular Spider Man  Spectacular Spider Man Spider Man - Discover & Share GIFs

Best Episodes: Intervention, Final Curtain, Nature vs Nurture, Opening Night, Identity Crisis

Best Characters: Peter Parker/Spider-Man, Gwen Stacy, Mary Jane Watson

Ah I remember when Spider-Man: The Animated Series ended on a cliffhanger and I waited eons to watch how it concludes everything, only to find out they made a new Spider-Man cartoon. One that I did not enjoy because it looked too weird for me. Its style was something that did not appeal to me. That was until I decided to give this show another show as an adult and my god, this is easily the best Spider-Man adaptation of all-time. Yep, better than Spider-Man 2, better than Into The Spider-Verse. This show gets the essence of Spider-Man so perfectly. Taking cues from Stan Lee/Steve Ditko/John Romita Sr. run and adapting it into the most compelling way possible, the show excels at being not only respectful to the source material, it is its own show with new twists and takes. I’m someone who is tired of high school Peter Parker adaptations and I want Sony and Marvel to focus more on the adult Peter Parker more but I’m perfectly more than okay with the show taking place in high school. The supporting cast is great, action is very fluid, humor lands so well. It is the most I have ever been entertained by a Spider-Man property. And the sad part is that this show ended on a cliffhanger too. Only that it hurts a lot more than the one in Spider-Man: The Animated Series. Don’t let that taint you though, definitely give this show a chance if you are a Spidey fan.

#28: Rick and Morty

Pin on Because I'm a NERD

Best Episodes: Rickmurai Jack, The Ricklantis Mixup, Morty’s Mind Blowers, Total Rickall, The Wedding Squanchers

Best Characters: Rick Sanchez, Morty Smith, Summer Smith

Ah yes, the show everyone is talking about. The one that pissed off many people, the one that impacted pop culture, the one that is very ambitious and creative. Rick and Morty is a show that should not be underestimated. One thing I’ll say about this show is that it is certainly not for everyone. I mean that applies to all shows but the show can be seen as a typical raunchy adult animation with nothing else to say. and it’s popularity is so annoying and cringe that I sometimes tell myself why in the hell I love this show. One thing’s for sure is that I love the show mostly for its use of original and ambitious sci-fi concepts that they execute very well. The show makes me think a lot about there being something far greater than I am. The imaginative multiversity and worlds make the show very huge and that’s why I enjoy it so much. The humor can be a hit or miss for me. I do think that the show falls into usal tropes of other adult animated shows. Overuse of sex and swear jokes, extremely violent and of course it’s a show about a dysfunctional family which can be both compelling and irritating at the same time. Regardless of highs and lows, I love Rick and Morty and even if it lasts forever, I’ll always remember the show for its high concepts and imaginative mind.

#27: Courage: The Cowardly Dog

Courage The Cowardly Dog GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Best Episodes: Remembrance of Courage’s Past, The Mask, Freaky Fred, The Tower of Dr. Zalost, Mega Muriel the Magnificent

Best Characters: Courage, Muriel, Katz

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee horror. I have grown appreciation for horror as I grew older. The uncertainty of characters, the unstoppable threat that affects everyone, the feeling of terror and scare, all of these aspects make me enjoy a good horror. And Courage is one of them. Do not see it as a lighthearted, humorous cartoon for all ages. No. Its purpose is to scare you and fuck you up. I saw this show as a young adult, therefore it did not scare me but I can tell this show really knows how to be a good horror cartoon. From the many uses of different animation and art styles to its thrilling music, the show is amazing at messing with you. Its characters are charming, its horror is suspenseful and it can be funny and dorky when it wants to be. I definitely want more cartoons like this which can push the boundary and be something unique and interesting.

#26: Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!

Season 1, Episode 4: Magnetic Menace Requested by... - Tumbex

Best Episodes: I Chiro, Golden Age, Night of Fear, Belly of the Beast, Soul of Evil

Best Characters: Anthony, Otto, Chiro

Ah yes, the one Jetix show that impacted me the most. I watched this show three times in my life and I still can’t get enough of it. What happens when you mix Star Wars, Voltron, Power Rangers, Star Trek, anime and all kinds of media we loved as a kid and make something new and fresh. It’s this show. There is no denying the show takes a lot of concepts from other famous franchises and the show knows it and runs with it. And it still feels something that can stand on its own without feeling like a rip off. The show is extremely fun and joyful to watch with its colorful characters and universe. You never feel bored out of watching it. And one aspect that did drive me to keep the show going is the never ending battle between The Hyperforce and Skeleton King, voiced by Mark Hamill. It’s both an episodic and a serialized show with tons of twists and turns that will shock you. Sure, reused animation and its anime style can feel very jarring at times but if you can get past those, the show is a joy. I loved it as a kid and I still love it as an adult.

• Like 2

#25: Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

260 Shield ideas | marvel agents of shield, agents of shield, marvels  agents of shield

Best Episodes: Self Control, 4722 Hours, As I Have Always been, Turn Turn Turn, Ascension

Best Characters: Leopold Fitz, Daisy Johnson/Quake, Agent Coulson

This show has no right to be as good as it should be. It’s such an underrated and overlooked gem that many Marvel fans wouldn’t even dream of having a show that is mostly original characters and then surpasses most of its live-action shows but here we are. I have yet to see a Marvel live-action show just as good as this one. Don’t be wrong, it really takes a while for the show to kick in. Most people who have seen this show bailed after the first couple of episodes, not knowing what it actually has plans for us to see. I get that. First impressions are important but I think it’s safe to say that the show got better and better as it went on. The show gave me a shit about a bunch of spies that aren’t even comic book characters 90%. I love the overarching narrative of the show, the visual effects are riveting, the action is exciting, the humor is funny, the drama is dripping and there is plenty of more stuff to love from the show. Don’t think of it as another Marvel show. Think of it as a cool sci-fi spy show that has comic book elements. It’s a breath of fresh air for Marvel to make a show about spies that have so much depth. 7 seasons and each of them are good, despite all their flaws and whatnot. I don’t even care how this show fits in the MCU continuity. It’s good without ever needing MCU to back it up save for Captain America: The Winter Soldier that makes the show an absolutely impressive show after episode 17. Go watch this show If you want a spy thriller.

#24: Moral Orel

Moral Orel Awkward GIF - Moral Orel Awkward Awkward Smile - Discover &  Share GIFs

Best Episodes: Nature, Alone, Honor, Numb, Satan

Best Characters: Orel, Coach Stopframe, Clay

This show, my god. What an absolute sleeper hit this was. This was one of the early cases of being a dramedy adult animated show. Of course we had stuff like Duckman but aside from that, it was mostly comedy shows that can be serious when they want to be. And this show actually did not start off as a serious show. It was actually an adult stop-motion comedy show that poked fun at Christianity and of course, this was about a dysfunctional family. That was the premise of the first season. As the show went on, it started to delve into mature themes but it still kept its lighthearted comedic charm sometimes. And then season 2 finale hit and everything changed. The show became much darker, depressing and somber. And the most interesting thing is that it didn’t feel out of place at all. It became very dramatic and dark that I was on the edge of my seat watching it. I didn’t expect the show to hit me this hard. Season 3, to this day, is still one of the darkest and most mature stories of any adult animated show. And I cannot praise them enough for it. And I have to say this, this show’s stop-motion animation is very good, not just for a show that was on Adult Swim. It looked beautiful and despite the fact that the show got darker, It never stopped stop-motion from being so charming. Adult Swim took a risk with this show and it paid off marvelously. If you want a good stop-motion adult show, definitely check this one out.

#23: Doom Patrol

Doom Patrol Doom Patrol Show GIF - Doom Patrol Doom Patrol Show DC -  Discover & Share GIFs

Best Episodes: Therapy Patrol, Vacay Patrol, Danny Patrol, Penultimate Patrol, Wax Patrol

Best Characters: Larry Trainor/Negative Man, Crazy Jane, Rita Farr/Elasti-Woman

You probably saw me talking about this show for a while. That’s because it’s still having new episodes and it’s still such a good fucking show. We are having a lot of superhero adaptations these days that it is getting harder to be invested in one when most of them look the same or have issues of either being too comedic or too serious. Whether you are becoming too melodramatic that no one takes you seriously and become repetitive (literally any of Arrowverse shows) or you are dark and moody for the sake of it (Titans) or you are using the same formula on almost every adaptation of yours (Marvel Cinematic Universe). Doom Patrol is none of those things. It knows when to make you laugh and when to make you sad. It barely ever feels out of place and this is the weirdest and the most nonsensical superhero team ever. It’s a very mature superhero show that isn’t actually about superheroing but rather about these people who have experienced shitty lives and try to get past it and we see them develop into becoming better people by cleaning up their messes. And weird shit is happening in front of them. This is one of the most stylistic superhero adaptations I have ever seen with it knowing how to use its budget so well and at the same time look very charming. And let's not just forget the substance. The show’s ongoing plotlines make you hooked and invested and you get to see each of the characters being developed into something very special. You care for them and want to root for them. They may be assholes and losers but they have good inside of them and try their best. What else to not love? If you love weird and trippy shit like me, i suggest you to watch this show, it’s so fucking good.

#22: Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes

GIF Crate: Assemble the Shareable Avengers Cartoon GIFs! | The Daily Crate

Best Episodes: Live Kree or Die, A Day Unlike Any Other, Infiltration, The Ultron Imperative, Along Came a Spider

Best Characters: Hawkeye, Hank Pym, Ultron

This is the last superhero show on my list, I promise. And with a good reason. I saved the best for last. Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes is my favorite comic book show of all-time. Nothing will ever achieve what the show does really. It’s very clear that the people who made this show really love the universe they are adapting and they wanna respect that universe as much as they possibly can, while telling their own stories. Seriously, this show will make you love Marvel characters you never dreamt of loving them this much. Aside from how well this show writes the flagship characters; Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and Hulk but what about others? You don’t like how MCU writes Hawkeye? Watch this show. It made me love Hawkeye so much. Black Widow? Mysterious. Black Panther? Wild. Ultron? Threatening. Kang? Absolutely menacing. Hank Pym/Ant-Man/Giant-Man? Got better treatment than comics. Fantastic Four? They are fun. Doctor Doom? Cunning and smart. Masters of Evil? They are a joyful villainous group. Loki? Just as fun as he was in the MCU. Nick Fury? Cool and charismatic. Luke Cage and Iron Fist? Dynamic duo. This show has everything a comic book and a superhero fan wants. And it’s a shame it only lasted two seasons and it was canceled for another Avengers show that nobody cares for. If you love MCU, I can guarantee you that you’ll love this show even more.

#21: Supernatural

Animated gif in supernatural: gifs collection by lindsey

Best Episodes: Swan Song, Changing Channels, The French Mistake, Sacrifice, Point of No Return

Best Characters: Dean Winchester, Castiel, Sam Winchester

Why in the hell did I ever add this show on the list? I have no idea. Lemme say this real quick. If you wanna watch this show, you have to know what you are getting through, so you can lower your expectations. Where to begin? This show is one of the most sexist, racist and homophobic shows I have ever seen in my life. Am I exaggerating? No. The show always played favorites on Sam and Dean Winchester and anyone else can die for all they care. Women of this show? Either die or become a villain for the boys to kill you. POC characters? Same issue, either be villains or be dead people. Gays? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Welcome to the age of queerbaiting fellas. Oh wait, there are dead gays too? Yep. Does this show have a shitty ending, despite the fact that you get invested in a 15 fucking season show that has highs and lows and always disappoint you? Yes. Even the best of Supernatural isn’t shy away from its offensiveness. So why did I put it on here? Because I love it so much. It’s an urban tale of two brothers who hunt down monsters and save people. That should be a cool ass premise to watch for, right? That’s not just it. The show has so much more than that, despite it always claiming it’s always about the two brothers. It’s about the family we make, the evil you face in yourself, the trauma and abuse you dealt with in your childhood and still do everyday, the people you have lost along the way and mourn them. It has a shit ton of themes and storylines that will make you relate to these characters’ struggle. Despite the fact that these brothers and the family they made are always at the center of trouble. I watched this show with a friend for a year and also because of that, it has a special place in my heart. The show can be very, very bad and I don’t suggest you watch it because it really needs a lot of dedication and time to watch. I know I gave one year of my life to watch this mess and to be honest, I’m glad I did. I love this show so much with every piece of my soul.

• Like 2

#20: Fringe

Fringe Series Overview | Ode to Jo & Katniss

Best Episodes: White Tulip, Peter, The Day We Died, Over There, Making Angels 

Best Characters: Walter Bishop, Peter Bishop, Olivia Dunham

This was one of my first binge-watched live-actions of all-time. I loved it so much back in the days. Unfortunately some aspects of this show have faded away from my memory because It has been a long time since I last watched the show but man, it was one of the wildest things FOX have produced ever. Some people say this show is like a sci-fi version of X-Files and while they may have a point there, I think the show managed to make itself distinct from it to be a very successful show. One thing’s for clear though, the show is not without its flaws. It really takes a while for the show to actually kick in. If you can handle some episodic episodes before the show kicks in its major storyline, you are gonna have to wait. Some mysteries in the show are unfortunately unresolved and I think that’s such a bummer to see. And another thing about this show is that it’s pretty much a copaganda. So it did not age well on that. But if you can ignore those things, the show is a delight. Characters are extremely well written and likeable, especially Walter Bishop who is one of the most complex and flawed characters I have ever seen. Sci-fi elements of the show are so fucking incredible that you cannot go without being awed at it. The ongoing storylines and mysteries hook you and the show has a very satisfying conclusion, despite FOX trying so hard to cancel the show but later with its “best” kindness, giving the crew a short season to wrap up everything. So if you wanna watch a kickass sci-fi mystery show, this show is for you.

#19: Person of Interest

Tumblr: Image

Best Episodes: The Devil’s Share, If-Then-Else, Deus Ex-Machina, return 0, 6741

Best Characters: Root, John Reese, Harold Finch

Here’s another show I really fucking love but it’s also a bit of a copaganda show. Although this show criticized the system more than Fringe, the feeling is still there but that doesn’t stop the show from being one of the best shows ever. Have you ever wanted a Batman show without having any superheroes whatsoever? Then this show is absolutely for you. It’s a great action crime show about a vigilante named John Reese who takes orders from a guy named Harold Finch and together they stop crimes before they ever happen with an AI that sees everything. Oh, did I mention the show has some sci-fi elements to it? Although this show is a lot more grounded than Fringe, the show definitely has some elements of surprise. Did this sound too much like Minority Report? Well, I haven’t seen that movie and the show is still a completely fresh take on stopping crimes. Unlike Fringe, I think you’ll get hooked into the show easily with great action and fun episodic stories until things get serious from there and you just get worried for these characters. The show is absolutely a thrill ride from start to finish. It is an amazing vigilante/superhero-esque show with messy characters, the AI aspect of the show is strong and makes you question everything and it has a gripping story. I can never forget how much the show is a masterpiece. Did I mention that this show is created by Christopher Nolan’s fucking brother, Jonathan Nolan? Then you already know the show is for you.

#18: You’re The Worst

You're the Worst: Reasons to Watch FXX's Debauched Comedy - TV Guide

Best Episodes: There Is Not Currently a Problem, Twenty-Two, LCD Soundsystem, The Inherent Unsullied Qualitative Value of Anything, Not a Great Bet

Best Characters: Gretchen, Edgar, Jimmy

First thing’s out of the way, before you watch the show, you gotta be prepared for anything in it. It’s an extremely heavy show with tons of content warnings and mature themes that can make you feel uncomfortable and uneasy. I certainly couldn’t stomach some of the moments in the show, mostly because it has topics like dysfunctional and toxic relationships, depression, PTSD, alcoholism, parental abuse and neglect among more shit. The show is one of the few shows on my list that is about life itself and how people can be toxic to each other in their relationships, whether it’s romance or friendship or family. The show was one of the most difficult shows I have ever seen and at the same time, it was such a good show because of it. It handles mature topics well, character study is strong, humor is dark, raunchy and cringe (in a good way), storylines will disturb and upset you and it’s very relatable with these shitty people trying to be better at relationships but eventually failing to do so. The show may be all doom and gloom but it’s a very human show that will make you in love with it. 

#17: The Expanse

Funny Gifs : the expanse GIF - VSGIF.com

Best Episodes: Caliban’s War, Home, Gaugamela, Immolation, Leviathan Wakes

Best Characters: Amos Burton, Naomi Nagata, Chrisjen Avasarala

You probably heard me talking and recommending this show for a while and it’s no surprise it was gonna end up on the list. I love this show, I really do. It’s by far my favorite live-action sci-fi show ever made. There is no telling the show was made with love and care. It’s also one of the best book adaptations with it not only respecting the source material, it delves into some of the characters even further. Maybe some aspects of the show are not as good as the book but that’s okay. The show still stands on its own just fine. It’s not just a good sci-fi show, it is a more realistic sci-fi show than some others due to it knowing how traveling in space works but the show still has mystical elements to it that I cannot spoil but you have to see it for yourself. What starts out as a detective show eventually leads into something larger. It just grows and ahem, expands. It has the budget of a movie in every episode and it looks so beautiful with its top notch special effects. The story and the mysteries hook you very instantly and it never lets go of you. Even the fucking politics of the show are great, they never bore you and they help moving the story forward. Some magic of the show may have been a lil lost to me due to it switching to Amazon Prime but it’s still amazing with a groundbreaking story. I only hope that in some capacity, the show will continue on with some specials or what not with it not being able to adapt the last three books at the moment. Bummer.

#16: Death Note

Death Note Ryuk GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Best Episodes: Silence, Overcast, Revival, Wager, Rebirth

Best Characters: Ryuk, Light Yagami/Kira, L

Adding this show higher on the list than some others might be questionable because the show kind of took a nosedive after its 25th episode but I couldn’t help adding the show on the 16th spot. It’s just so damn fucking amazing. It’s one of the most complex takes on the justice system I have ever seen. From the very first episode, the show becomes something special and it just makes you wanna have more. It’s a very original premise of a teenage boy who gets the hand of Death Note which he can use to kill any human he wants and he uses it to bring justice and order to the society. Kickass premiere, am I right? It’s one of the few anime shows that instantly grabbed me. From the very thrilling and gripping storyline to complex character studies. The long rivalry between Kira and L is incredible and you just love to see them doing whatever takes to bring each other down. It’s not just about justice and order, as you see more and more into the minds of Light/Kira and L and how they operate. It was the first anime show I have ever finished and I’ll forever be glad that I have sat through it all, even if the story wasn’t as good in its latter episodes. You just have to watch and see how it evolves.

• Like 2

#15: The Simpsons

Simpsons Ghostbusters Dance GIF - TheSimpsons Dance Family - Discover &  Share GIFs | The simpsons, Simpsons funny, Simpson

Best Episodes: Lisa’s First Word, Cape Feare, The Springfield Files, And Maggie Makes Three, Summer of Ft. 2

Best Characters: Bart Simpson, Homer Simpson, Lisa Simpson

It’s weird to see this show popping up on my list right? Especially with it still currently running and getting out of touch with people. Well, The Simpsons is one of the two longest shows on the list that I added regardless of the quantity not being good. I personally love shows like South Park and American Dad and the first six seasons of Family Guy are my jam but I just don’t wanna include those shows on my list because I feel like even their best have problematic elements and their problematic elements are really that bad. I also love Bob’s Burgers but I haven’t seen that show for so long, therefore many good moments there are blocked out of my memory and I don’t wanna continue it. What makes The Simpsons different from the rest is that The Simpsons changed the whole world. In a very good way. And I think its problematic stuff is nowhere near as bad as those shows I mentioned (except Bob’s Burgers). And The Simpsons, well early Simpsons showed us you can still be mature and funny without being raunchy or offensive. The Simpsons appealed to many people. From old kids to adults. It spoke to a lot of people, including me. Its humor shaped the world and that cannot be forgotten. And what I love about the best of The Simpsons is that it has a ton of heart. Whether you see Homer failing at shit, only to root for him to back up or Bart being a jerk but trying to learn how to be a good person or Lisa to gain confidence in friendships or Marge to experience new things. Or Maggie to just do crazy shit. The Simpsons at its golden age is still one of the best TV I have ever seen. One of the best comedies, one of the best sitcoms, one of the best shows of all-time. And it’s a miracle that despite it lasting for over 30 fucking seasons, it managed to have 8 successful seasons without declining so early like many other shows. The Simpsons will forever be one of my favorite shows ever because it’s best is still that powerful.

#14: Ducktales (2017)

duck tales gifs | WiffleGif

Best Episodes: The Last Crash of Sunchaser, The Duck Knight Returns, The Last Adventure, A Nightmare on Killmotor Hill, The First Adventure

Best Characters: Louie Duck, Scrooge McDuck, Lena Sabrewing

I was having an era in which I stopped having interest in current kids cartoons. I think the magic of the early 10s was gone and I wanted a show that could actually appeal to me. Enter Ducktales reboot. I was already looking forward to this show with a great cast and the animation looked so beautiful but I did not give it a chance until this year. The show is not only a true successor to one unrelated show that is on my list, it’s such an incredible kids cartoon on its own. Disney’s Duck lore did not interest me at all but the show gave me that which I’ll always appreciate. It had a great idea of a family adventuring together, characters were loveable and funny, stories were compelling and exciting and it just never lets you go. Ducktales reboot is how you do a reboot, period. Not only respecting its source material (whether that’s the original cartoon or the comics), it being its own show with its own lore and setting. I was engaged so quickly. Even with its filler episodes, I was having a blast because the show knows how to lay back and have fun. And in the end, it’s about a family. Whether it’s the blood family that loves you and respects you or the family you make. The show has a ton of great mysteries that will hook you and it’ll make you want more. It’s a shame Disney canceled the show too soon before it could have been even more epic but at the very least, it ended on a great note and I’m glad the cast and the crew gave their passion and love to this show.

#13: EastSiders

EASTSIDERS

Best Episodes: Both Sides Now, Our Own Private Idaho, Evolving, Episode 8, Sex Therapy

Best Characters: Cal, Ian, Thom

As you have already know, I’m a queer guy and despite all that, I have watched or read very little LGBTQ+ content in my life. Maybe it’s because LGBTQ+ stuff did not interest me because I’m a guy that wants more LGBTQ+ sci-fi or action or fantasy stories and I’m tired of comedic or down to earth stuff. Maybe it’s because other shows I have watched had more interesting characters because it’s hard to get an LGBTQ+ character right, even without offending people or worse, not having any kind of LGBTQ+ rep at all. I always wanted characters that appealed to me or are flawed, relatable and complex. This show has that. Maybe not a show that has extraordinary shit I crave for but it’s a strong drama show about messy lives of gay characters here. Every character of this show has done a mess in their lives and you get angry at them but at the same time, you wanna root for them to be better. The show tackles many different subjects that are relatable to queer people. Are open relationships a good idea? What does it mean to be queer? Is it about femininity or masculinity? How much does a person need those things? Am I a gay stereotype or not or does that even matter? How does bisexuality work? How much is sex necessary in our lives? How much should I be protected when it comes to sex? The show doesn’t always give you clear answers because sometimes it depends on the person and the show knows it. The show’s characters are all unique on their own. You get invested in their relationships with people, you get into their own personal dilemmas, you see how much good or bad they have done in their lives, you see them facing their demons. And the great thing about this show is that even the minor characters have some personality on their own and like I said, the show’s characters are mostly gay, so is the cast. The show’s creator Kit Williamson is one of my inspirations to be a great queer writer in the future because he just gets how to make a good queer content. What started out as an indie Youtube show grew into a very successful LGBTQ+ show with 4 incredible seasons and the great thing about this show is that it’s very easy to binge. Short seasons with short episodes. And it just ends so perfectly. I highly recommend this show to anyone who wants to see a very good LGBTQ+ show.

#12: The Office (US)

celebration the office gif | WiffleGif

Best Episodes: Stress Relief, Niagara, Goodbye Michael, The End, Lecture Circuit

Best Characters: Dwight, Michael, Creed

This is the last show I have ever binged with a friend and thank goodness I did it because the show fucking rules. Just like Supernatural, the show was a long ass journey for me and unlike the former, it paid off successfully. As you can see, I’m not really a sitcom type of guy. I would love to watch more shows like Parks and Rec, Community, Schitt’s Creek, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, 30 Rock but I just cannot find the right time. At the very least, I finished the show and I’m grateful for it. For a simple show about a documented paper company, the show knows how to make you laugh and make you feel. Characters of the show are very messy and while some of them are just plain bad, some others have good qualities and try to be good on their own. The show never stays the same. Characters get evolved or at the very least, they are consistently funny. The relationships and friendships these people build, the obstacles they face and the silly situations they get themselves into, you always find joy in it. Like I said, the show doesn’t go back to its status quo after an episode ends. There are some exceptions but even then, the show knows about the journey they faced and they do not forget that. And even if you don’t like serialization as much as me, the show is very episodic and they are very humorous and fun. Unlike the show they are based on, the show is actually very optimistic which I really appreciate. It is barely doom and gloom and the optimistic nature is why I love this show so much. Along with a killer cast, incredible writers and directors and good showrunners. I just can’t get enough of The Office. It’s very good.

#11: SpongeBob SquarePants

Patrick Spongebob GIF - Patrick Spongebob Jumping - Discover & Share GIFs

Best Episodes: Plankton’s Army, SB-129, Dying for Pie, Wet Painters, Welcome to the Chum Bucket

Best Characters: Plankton, SpongeBob, Squidward

It’d be very dumb to not include the show that changed my entire life on the list. This is the other show on my list that overstayed its welcome but I always consider one of the best shows ever. And unlike The Simpsons, I still watch it and have enjoyment out of it. Because the show went through a lot of different phases and it finds itself to be fresh, whether that’s a good thing or a bad thing. SpongeBob was my entire childhood and It’s one show that I always stuck with it. I loved it as a kid and I’ll always love it as an adult. No matter how many bad episodes they can throw at me, that will never change. But why do I love SpongeBob? It should be the same as anyone who is reading my list, friends with me and loves the show. The show is built on comedy. First three seasons are still what I consider some of the funniest entertainment in anything. Even If I got tired of watching them. And even with having inconsistent two eras after Stephen Hillenburg, Derek Drymon and most of the pre-movie crew left the show, the show always found a way to entertain me and make me laugh. And I can forever talk about the show and never get tired of it. You may be thinking, “what is there to talk about a show about a sponge who lives in a pineapple under the sea?”. Well, I can give you reasons. Every episode is different from each other and most of their jokes and moments are very memorable to talk about. The stories these episodes have are interesting as you watch them. You get into the story and you just wanna see how it all ends. Characters make the show. No matter how unlikeable or insufferable they can get, the show’s characters are cool and funny. And I’m just a type of guy who likes talking about the animation of the show because its artstyle is always changing and it can always be good or bad or something in between but it is something that always gets your attention. I don’t know how much more I can talk about why this show is important to me. It shaped my childhood, it was one of the few shows that impacted my humor, it cheered me up whenever I was sad. What more can I ask for? I love it and I’ll always love it as long as I live.

• Like 2

#10: Cowboy Bebop

Cowboy Bebop GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Best Episodes: Requiem for a Clown, Hard Luck Woman, Speak Like a Child, The Real Folk Blues, Jupiter Jazz

Best Characters: Faye Valentine, Spike Spiegel, Jet Black

I actually have some confession to make. I actually changed my list midway through. Only a handful of shows were shifted from their original but this is the only show that I added after I finished my list. After I finished watching every episode, I knew this show definitely deserved to be on this list. I don’t watch many anime shows but this one spoke to me for sure. A sci-fi western noir show that is about these bounty hunters who want to catch some bad guys and collect their money from it. It’s a simple enough premise but what makes the show so rich is the setting. Adding some sci-fi elements to this beautiful western anime along with some noir to it made the show such a standout. You get to see all these loveable characters getting into bizarre situations and trying to survive. Every episode of the show is actually episodic, which was not actually why I intended to watch the show but I’m glad it’s this way. Every episode has a unique feeling to them. It can go from an absolute comedy to a horror story. You cannot tell what the next episode is gonna be and that’s the charm. But of course, the show has some ongoing plots with some of its serious episodes and when you watch more of it, you get to add more pieces of the puzzle and find out what these characters’ past are. And it just hits you deeply. The show was a very emotional journey for me, especially the last couple of episodes where you really see how deep it can go. I’m in love with the world of Cowboy Bebop and I’ll be grateful for the joy and pain it brought me.

#9: She-Ra and the Princesses of Power

she-ra and the princesses of power gifs | WiffleGif

Best Episodes: Hero, Heart, Destiny, Save the Cat, Light Spinner

Best Characters: Adora/She-Ra, Catra, Entrapta

This is it. This is my favorite LGBTQ+ show ever! Not that there are many I have seen but shhhhhhhhhhhh. This show came out at the time when I was at my lowest point, so this show managed to shine a light for me. The premise is that there is a girl named Adore who wants to stop the people she was raised by, so they can stop committing war crimes. It’s an interesting premise that eventually leads into a very incredible sci-fi/fantasy show. What I love about this show is that the characters are fleshed out so well. You get to see Adora’s point of view about the war, you get to see Horde’s point of view. And nothing is all that simple. Adora’s best friend turned enemy Catra is one of the most complex villains I have seen from a tv show. Her dynamic with Adora is the highlight of the show in which they swore they’d stick out for each other and in the end, they fell apart. They are the main reason why I love this show so much. And the rest of the characters kick ass too. You’ll get to love a ton of princesses and allies of Adora from the show, as well as Catra’s allies who are also fleshed out characters. The animation is very beautiful, it gets better in each season and the action kicks ass because of it. The humor is charming, the ongoing storylines are gripping, there is little to no filler which you’ll find very pleasing for a serialized cartoon. The show made my life better and I’ll never forget that experience in 2020.

#8: Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008)

Me and the boiz entering a Nerf War | Fandom

Best Episodes/Arcs: The Siege of Mandalore, Maul’s Revenge, Mortis arc, Umbara arc, Orders

Best Characters: Darth Maul, Ahsoka Tano, Rex

This is it. This is the best Star Wars content of all-time. You think I’m joking original trilogy fans? Hell no! But seriously, this show is a friggin masterpiece. Taking place between episode 2 and episode 3 of the movies, the show manages to not only fix prequel movies’ flaws, it becomes a unique show on its own. Clone Wars literally expanded the world of Star Wars and made it even richer than ever before. The show manages to make Anakin Skywalker a really compelling character in his own right. Return of Obi-Wan, Yoda, Windu, Boba Fett, Darth Sidious, Count Dooku, Darth Maul, General Grievous and more make you invested in these characters. You get to see brand new characters like Ahsoka, Ventress, Cad Bane, Hondo, Bo Katan and you get to enjoy their storylines and arcs. And the best of all. The show is titled Clone Wars and you get to see these wonderful clones have their arcs and storylines and you really feel bad for their cause. Shoutout to Rex who is a wonderful clone commander and his dynamic with Anakin and Ahsoka really makes the show. And speaking of, the master and the apprentice dynamic of Anakin and Ahsoka is very strong. Who would have thought giving Anakin a padawan could turn out so great. Ahsoka is one of the best Star Wars characters of all-time and seeing her journey develop in the show really makes it great. The lore of Clone Wars is cool with it doing mystical stuff from time to time, something not even the movies have done that much. The show is such a good balance of being entertaining as fuck and heartbreaking journey. Especially if you know the fates of the clones in episode 3. If you are a Star Wars fan like me, I strongly suggest this show. It’s one thing that came out right during the prequels era.

#7: Futurama

futurama gifs | WiffleGif

Best Episodes: The Luck of the Fryish, The Farnsworth Parabox, The Earth that Stood Stupid, The Late Philip J. Fry, Roswell That Ends Well

Best Characters: Bender Bending Rodriguez, Dr. Zoidberg, Professor Farnsworth

This is my favorite sci-fi show of all-time and I don’t see anyone ever topping this one for a long ass time. What can I say? I love the future. Futurama was one of the few shows on my list that made me smile throughout. The emotional core and the character journeys of this show are something special. It’s not just high stake sci-fi concepts for me that make me love it. It’s the characters and the storylines that make the show. Whether you get from insanely funny to a very sad and touching moment. The show knows how to make you feel. And for a sci-fi show, it’s actually very creative, imaginative and smart. I’m awed at so many concepts they managed to fit into this wonderful show. I always prefer this show over many adult animated shows like The Simpsons because the show just speaks to me. From being canceled twice and having four finales, Futurama managed to stay strong for many years and it had a great ending before it could have ended up like The Simpsons.

#6: Avatar: The Last Airbender

Aang Eyes GIF - Aang Eyes Happy - Discover & Share GIFs

Best Episodes: Sozin’s Comet, The Puppetmaster, The Crossroad of Destiny, The Tales of Ba Sing Se, The Storm

Best Characters: Zuko, Toph, Sokka

Avatar: The Last Airbender was one of the best experiences of my childhood ever. The world of Avatar hooked me from the start and it never let me go. I always managed to tune in for it. It is one of the few shining gems Nick has ever made and It hasn’t been topped ever since. I just love everything about this show. From the setting to its humor to its drama to its action. They do it all. And I just can’t stop watching it. You may be tired of the whole chosen one trope many stories have but Avatar does something very unique with the concept and you get to love Aang and get invested in what he faces against. His friends and allies are all compelling characters on their own who can accomplish stuff even without Aang and the enemies of his are such good villains. The show has wonderful characters that you can pick anyone and call them your favorite. Mine is most likely Zuko who has the most glorious arc out of anyone in the show. And the show finds a way to hook you into its lore and history and you never get bored of that. It’s always entertaining and exciting. SpongeBob may be the show that shaped my childhood but Avatar was the one that was the most exciting part of it which I’ll never forget.

• Like 2

#5: Gravity Falls

Gravity Falls Gif - IceGif

Best Episodes: Not What He Seems, A Tale of Two Stans, Weirdmageddon, Northwest Mansion Mystery, Into the Bunker

Best Characters: Soos Ramirez, Mabel Pines, Wendy Corduroy

This show was inevitable to be on the list. Back then, I used to consider this as my favorite show of all-time. Now I don’t feel strongly about it compared to my top 4 and I definitely need to rewatch this show to see if it has aged well or not but It’s no deniable that the show made such an impact in the 10s. Back when it premiered, everyone couldn’t stop talking about the show. Whether they were making memes or wild ass theories about the show. It was such an important period for me because all I thought about was this gem. I always found a way to be on time and watch the episodes and talk about it with others. It was also the time when I discovered forums, so my love for this show only went higher and higher. What a great mystery and supernatural show this was. Every single episode had something to add to the narrative of the show, even if they weren’t necessarily tied to the main storyline. We got to see these characters grow and change and the obstacles they faced. And it was always so fun, weird and dark. I’m actually surprised Disney let the show get away with certain scenes If I’m being honest. And when it ended, all people were talking about it was this incredible show. And another thing why It appeals to me is seeing the relationship between Dipper and Mabel who are twins just like me and my brother and seeing their sibling dynamic develop more and more made me appreciate the show even more. I had rough times as a teen but Gravity Falls was one shining gem that made me happy and even If the show had horrible hiatuses and it felt rushed when it was coming to a conclusion, It doesn’t stop me from loving it for a long time.

#4: Breaking Bad

The Internet's Best Breaking Bad Gifs | Breaking bad, Walter white, Funny  images

Best Episodes: Ozymandias, Felina, Crawl Space, Fly, Face Off

Best Characters: Jesse Pinkman, Walter White, Saul Goodman

Here’s another show that impacted 10s. And this is the crown jewel of tv entertainment. Everyone talks about Breaking Bad and why It’s so fucking good. And I gotta say, they are completely right. The show is near-perfect. I was one of the people who saw Breaking Bad after it ended but the memories of my binge are still there. The feelings I had about the show are unlike any other. It was such an intense thriller drama with some of the best actors you can find anywhere. Everyone in this show put their heart and soul into it and It's gonna be hard to find a show just like this one. Breaking Bad was one big character study of a man who wanted to be something and he’d do anything necessary to achieve that goal. As you see Walter starting to show some cracks, you really get hooked into his cause and at the same time, you question his methods and see what kind of a person he has become. The journey these characters faced, especially Walter, are really impressive and the show starts off strong and it ends on one of the highest notes ever. I really have not too much to say about this show, it’s a masterpiece.

#3: Doctor Who (2005)

christopher ecceleston GIFs - Primo GIF - Latest Animated GIFs

Best Episodes: Heaven Sent, Planet of the Ood, The Doctor’s Wife, Turn Left, The Doctor Falls

Best Characters: The Doctor, Donna Noble, Clara Oswald

This show was gonna end up being on top 3, one way or another. What can I say? I love this mess of a show. I still remember when the promos for this show were shown in my country and it had a mysterious vibe to it that I couldn’t ignore. And after I saw the first episode as a kid, I knew this show was made for me. This show was one of the first examples of me loving sci-fi content and no matter what happens, the show will always be one of my favorite shows ever. The scale of this show is unlike anything I have ever seen. It’s pure, wild, trippy, imaginative and creative. It can juggle a lot of genres at once. You want a complete horror story? Or an action piece? Or a fantasy? Or a comedy? Or a drama? The show has it all. Of course, at times, the show can be a chore to watch. Not every episode hits and its worst can leave you with a bitter taste but when it’s the best, it’s awesome. The fact that this show made me care about a character who always has their actors changed (and now we have an actress who is even better) deserves praise. And each companion of The Doctor brings something new to the table. Their dynamic with The Doctor with them helping The Doctor solve problems and stop the bad people as well as calling out The Doctor when it’s necessary is why the show is a masterpiece. Villains of the show are so much fun and classy. Whether they are goofballs or complete threats, the show knows how to make you love them or hate them. This isn’t the best show ever made and it will never be but this was a fan fav of mine since I was a kid and it still is.

#2: Mr. Robot

Robot GIF - Mr Robot - Discover & Share GIFs

Best Episodes: 407 Proxy Authentication Required, 405 Methods Not Allowed, eps3.5_kill-process.inc, eps3.4_runtime-error.r00, eps1.8_m1rr0r1ng.qt

Best Characters: Elliot Alderson, Darlene Alderson, Mr. Robot

If it weren’t for my #1, this show would probably stay as my #1. Mr. Robot was one hell of a show I felt was an overlooked gem that deserved more attention. It was a gold mine from Sam Esmail and its protagonist was played masterfully by Rami Malek. The show was a complete thrill ride from start to finish. From the very episode to its last episode, it is fully engaging and compelling. You see how fucked up the world is and we have one person called Elliot Alderson who wants to take down evil in the world. It’s quite a dystopian premise, except it’s still a reality in these current times. And you just want to root for him. No matter the cause. Mr. Robot is a show that may not be for everyone because it has a lot of heavy subjects that can make you uncomfortable. It’s such a dark and bleak show that you might want to have some happiness and sunshine after watching this. And the show can be slow which isn’t a criticism but it can make people get bored unless you have some patience to handle it. Despite being slow, the show doesn’t have an unnecessary scene that will take you out of the premise. You still get invested in the story and you want to see where it can go. Of course, some people dropped the show after season 2 but If you love season 1, I suggest you keep moving because season 2 does pay off and it’s a great season on its own and when you reach season 3-4, the show becomes even more experimental and thrilling than it was. It may not have the best marginalized rep in the world but it’s a powerful show that will leave a mark on you for a long time.

#1: BoJack Horseman

fail GIFs - Primo GIF - Latest Animated GIFs

Best Episodes: Free Churro, Stupid Piece of Shit, The View from Halfway Down, Time’s Arrow, That’s Too Much Man

Best Characters: BoJack Horseman, Princess Carolyn, Diane Nguyen

Shocker to no one, BoJack Horseman is my #1 show on my list. Yes, not only is it the best show I have ever seen, it’s my favorite show of all-time. How did It come to this? How did I go from SpongeBob to Doctor Who to Gravity Falls to eventually this brilliant work. This show literally changed my whole point of view about the world and it added so much to my life. It’s perhaps the most realistic and down to earth show I have ever seen, despite it having humans and animals co-existing in this world which is one of the many charms of the show. The show has a lot of questions about life that will make you wonder what kind of person you want to be. Characters of the show are such a mess just like everyone in the world. They make bad decisions and some of them try to move past that, some are doomed to repeat the same mistakes. The show doesn’t have a true answer to all of the questions about the meaning and it shouldn’t have. It’s a show that tests these characters to their limitations and how they can achieve their goals. It’s a show that tackles a lot of topics that I cannot say because you have to experience it yourself. It’s also a really bleak commentary on Hollywood industries. We all know how shady celebrities can be and the show portrays that so perfectly with the celebrities doing a lot of awful shit in the world that people rather ignore or have their voices heard but barely anything happens cuz the system is shit. It’s a mockery of Hollywood and celebrities that you find a lot of investment in. The show’s main character BoJack Horseman is a person like any of us but his poison runs so deep that you sometimes question if you wanna root for him or not. He keeps making mistakes and you just wanna hate him but at the same time, you feel sad for him. Why is he like this? Why does he keep falling in the same hole? Can he actually be redeemed? And you’ll be quite satisfied with what the show has for you. It left me speechless, it made me feel lots of things and at the end, it was always a show about life. I don’t think I’ll ever have the same experience as I had with BoJack. It was a good journey watching it from beginning to end. 

Thank you all for reading or following my list. I enjoyed putting a list together and commenting on whatever it had. I hope to make more shit like this in the future. And as always, have a good day.

• Like 3