• Advertisement

Q3 2021 Announcements (7/19/2021)

Steel Sponge

7/19/2021

Even though I said I was going to take things slow with the previous quarter, I ended up hitting a wall in terms of my writing activity for that period. So the type of announcements that you'll be seeing here will be more of the same, but there is some new things I plan to have out moving forward.

Q2 2021 (July-September) Announcements:

-Total Drama Treasure Tour: I didn't keep my promise when I said that this was going to me my most-focused work for the second quarter. In the time between the announcements for Q2 and today's announcements, I have completed zero new episodes, although the third one is about halfway done. I missed my chance too to have a new ep out during the week of Total Drama's anniversary, but I'm still working on getting at least one new episode before the end of this month. Had I stayed true to my goal, I would have planned to have thirteen episodes written out before the end of the third quarter, but I'm sticking to my goal of eight episodes like before. 

-Chemist Bob's Catastrophic Creations Cinema: I should be able to return from my hiatus with this riffing series sooner than later now that I'm close to finished with doing my riffs for Jjs' Critic Chronicles.

-SpongeBob SquarePants: Lost in Translation: The last batch of episodes of Season 2 will be released on a weekly basis every Saturday until after the release of the penultimate episode. Afterwards, this series will enter another break so I can give myself time to craft the finale. 

-Red Flag Savior: Rebirth of a Storm and Tiki Land: I am putting announcements for these two together since it is the same as before. I can only return to work on once as I can refocus on them. One thing that I can say that one of the works that I will be focused on writing for my next 12-hour writing session will on either spin-off. I'd like to finish both sooner than or later so that I can invest myself some time into writing a particularly new spin-off that I have yet to announce, but I think you guys already know what that will be.

-Oh Yeah! Collections: Like before, I've only finished one one-shot story in-between the time of the previous quarter announcements and the announcements for the current quarter, and that new story is The Main Detraction. While I still intend to write up the last three planned one-shots on the last three respective months (this is due to one them being planned for Octerrorfest, the second one being planned for the week of a certain holiday, and the third being planned for this year's Snowcember Ball). In other words, I'm going to be changing the once per month strategy for the rest of my planned one-shots since that strategy fell through, and therefore, they won't be under a particular deadline.

The forthcoming one-shot, Mirrior, is 1/3 done from all the writing I've done for it during the Spin-Off Festival and it should be posted to my Wordpress and subsequently to SBC before the end of this month after I get the other two-thirds of the story written up. Meanwhile, here are names of the other titles to expect during this quarter:

Anchor
The Travelling Lamp
Trial and Error

-Jjs' Riffing Theater 3000: The Critic Chronicles: I am nearly done with this group project as I'm 1/3 into the 10th installment and I'll be writing my riffs for the final installment. I should definitely be able to have complete focus on all my other spin-off/lit works afterwards, so I'm looking forward to finishing up with this.

-The 12-hour writing sessions & my spin-off store: On a lighter note, after my writing sessions have been mostly absent during the third quarter, I plan on going back into doing them by next month in August. During that same month, I will also be changing my inventory for my spin-off store. For the latter, that will be announced through Discord.

And that wraps up my spin-off news for the third quarter. It's less eventful than the previous quarter. I intend to announce bigger news for the last quarter, so that should give me a reason to hustle with my writing. However, I am making plans on applying for a particular art class to take in the Fall and Winter of this year as one of my real life priorities, so I may not be able to guarantee that you'll see a lot more productivity from me.

Since I've made it a habit to give out a new wave of spin-off/lit related news mid-to-late on a certain month, it would make sense for me to have my Q4 2021 announcements scheduled to take place on October 16th or 17th. Until then, keep a look out for new releases of my spin-offs and lits.

• Like 1