• Advertisement

Open Club  ·  26 members

The SBC Royals

[JUL 17] SBC Royals - Green vs. Blue #1 (Ace of Spades)

HawkbitAlpha

Yes, you read that thread title right! After a very long time of doing nothing of note, we at the Royals Discord have finally decided to implement our long-frozen plan of turning the server into a hosting hub for non-forum event games here on SBC. And what game are we starting this (hopefully) line with?

Ace of Spades Classic is a classic indie game from 2011 that can be best described as "Minecraft with guns", and so lightweight that it can run on a toaster (unless you choose to use the OpenSpades client, which has significantly better, Minecraft RTX-like graphics). In between fighting the other team, you can shape the landscape to your advantage with the great power of digging and building, be it to make fortifications or, say, put obstacles in your enemy's path. It's quite a unique and enjoyable game, so what better way to enjoy it than to bring peeps from SBC together for it?

At 1600 UTC (9AM Pacific <-> noon Eastern) on Saturday, July 17, we're set to kick off (what I hope will become) a series of gaming events based on the Royals server in the form of Green vs. Blue (GvB) - the inaugural Ace of Spades competition on SBC. The idea is simple: across three rounds of Capture the Flag, we'll see which team has what it takes to capture the most flags. My personal bet may be on Blue, but what do I know, eh?

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD AOS CLASSIC

(When you're running the installer, make sure to pick the 0.75 version to install, as this is the one we'll be using.)

TO SIGN UP TO PLAY:

Leave a reply below with the following questions answered:

-In-Game Nickname?
-Green/Blue or Either? 
-Are you on the Royals Discord?
-What is your time zone?

(If I leave a like your post, that means you're signed up.)

PLAYERS:

GREEN TEAM:
RDQuil

BLUE TEAM:
HawkbitAlpha
dman

• Like 1