• Advertisement

SBC's Top Fifty BEST EPISODES EVER... this year (2021)

Wumbo

I have a weird relationship with Squid on Strike due to the fact that Mr. Krabs' cheapness is very overboard and that always bugged me as a kid and still does a bit now. not the mention the ending of this episode was pretty cynical. Besides all that I totally can see why this episode is on this list and my complaints are not exactly criticism of the episode, more like my personal taste, so i understand why the writers went all the way with this. The episode is incredibly funny and has an interesting story. I love seeing Squidward and SpongeBob have different opinions on Krusty Krab and both react differently which makes for a good comedy. It's definitely a clever episode that deserves to be on the list.

Survival of the Idiots made my list due to the fact that it is just hilarity festival. It's comedy gold with tons of jokes hitting you and you laughing along with them. Definitely one of the most gut bustingly funny episodes of the show. Action is exciting and characters are fun. What's not to love?

"Roller Coward's; The Algae's Always Greener"; and "Truth Or Square" made my list, but the fact that I see so many GOOD episodes on this list that weren't on mine, is just a testament to the fact on just how many GOOD episodes that "Spongebob Squarepants" has HAD over the years! So many, that one person alone can't POSSIBLY list every single one that deserves to be on the list! I can't wait to see what other episodes also make the list! Enough said, true believers!

• Thanks 2

Spoiler

22. "How about this one, bodyguard? Too overbearing?"

Spongebob Squarepants - Perfect - YouTube

SpongeBob Meets the Strangler - 113 points

8 of 30 lists. 1 #1 vote - @The Helpful Mexican

2019 Ranking: #26 (+4)

Season 3, written by Paul Tibbitt, Kent Osborne, C.H. Greenblatt, and Merriwether Williams

Plot: The Tattletale Strangler tries to get revenge on SpongeBob.

The later episodes of Season 3 are interesting because with many of them you can draw a clear line between them and some of the traits that people hate about later episodes. Here, we see SpongeBob's annoying nature on full display, so much so that he makes a criminal turn himself in just to get away from him. But once again, the difference is that it's funny. This episode is hilarious from start to finish. What also makes the episode work is that SpongeBob is doing all this from a point of naïveté; he genuinely believes that this man is his bodyguard and will help him stay safe. Does this make him as dumb as Patrick? Well, he doesn't turn himself in to the police for being the Strangler, so he's still got a leg up in that regard. Sometimes you don't need much of a plot to make a great episode as long as the jokes and funny moments are front and center. They absolutely are here. This is one you can come back to every time and find a new thing to laugh at. The (22nd) best episode around, and in town!

Spoiler

21. "A stove is a stove, no matter where you go..."

I don't really feel like it." (Welcome To The Chum Bucket): spongebob

Welcome to the Chum Bucket - 130 points

8 of 30 lists. 1 #1 vote - @Funyarinpa

2019 Ranking: #24 (+3)

Season 2, written by Walt Dohrn, Paul Tibbitt, and Doug Lawrence

Plot: SpongeBob is forced to work at the Chum Bucket.

Oh yeah. This is a mainstay on the list for many, many good reasons. It's hard to think of a plot more heartbreaking than this one. Mr. Krabs may be cheap, but episodes like this show despite his wanton stupidity and arrogance, he does genuinely care for SpongeBob and is upset to see him taken away. SpongeBob, of course, is upset that his job at the Krusty Krab is history. This culminates in one of the best "show tunes" in the series' history. "This Grill is Not a Home", "A Stove is a Stove", "Without You", whatever you want to call it, it's a great song. Then the episode pivots and we get some more Plankton trauma as he tries to do everything he can to make SpongeBob make Krabby Patties, but his efforts prove more and more futile. This episode does a great job switching from drama to comedy. It all hinges on SpongeBob's character; he's childish at heart, but will make an effort for the ones he loves. Even putting his brain in a robot won't change that (side note: pretty under-the-radar dark twist for this episode). I love this one. It's certainly memorable with all its great moments of comedy and heartbreak, and it's fun to watch every single time.

• Like 9

SpongeBob Meets the Strangler is one of the funniest episodes of the show. It didn't make my list but it's just so funny. This is one of the rare cases which SpongeBob's obliviousness works out. Every joke hits and the episode keeps you on the edge of your seat at the end. It's such a wild ride.

Welcome to the Chum Bucket deserves to be higher than where it is. It's one of the most emotional episodes of the show. The Grill's Not Home song hits me everytime. I love seeing SpongeBob act childish towards Plankton and how they conclude it was sweet. A must watch.

Spoiler

20. "Hey, you guys wanna hear a bathroom joke?"

SpongeBob SquarePants: "Something Smells" | Nickelodeon

Something Smells - 137 points

10 of 30 lists. Highest Ranking: #5 - @Katniss & @Steel Sponge

2019 Ranking: #29 (+9)

Season 2, written by Aaron Springer, C.H. Greenblatt, and Merriwether Williams

Plot: SpongeBob develops bad breath after eating a rancid sundae.

This is a sneaky funny episode, but I'm not even sure it really has that many jokes, per se. I think other than the "Ugly Barnacle" thing and "Look at it!", it's a pretty unremarkable episode as far as memorable moments go. But the permeating storyline of SpongeBob (and later Patrick) believing that their ugliness is what is driving people away, and not the bad breath, is the comedy that drives the whole episode. Consistently great animation as well, I love all the myriad ways a random fish passerby bursts into flames or runs away whenever they catch a whiff of SpongeBob's breath. It's clearly an episode that resonates with people, to which I have to say you're all beautiful, and if not, you can still be ugly and proud. But this episode is still fun for lots of laughs.

Spoiler

19. "We shall never deny a guest, even the most ridiculous request!"

SpongeBob The Krusty Towers is Demolished and it turned back to the Krusty  Krab - Coub - The Biggest Video Meme Platform

Krusty Towers - 137 points

11 of 30 lists. Highest Ranking: #3 - @Clappy

2019 Ranking: #20 (+1)

Season 4, written by Luke Brookshier, Tom King, and Steven Banks

Plot: Mr. Krabs turns the Krusty Krab into a hotel.

When people used to praise select Season 4 or 5 episodes, they would do it under the caveat of "oh this feels like a classic/Season 3 episode".  Which is fine and everything, but as a series moves on, it should be given room to evolve from where it was. This was one of the most acclaimed episodes of Season 4 from the time it came out, and lots of those comments came to fruition. While it's certainly as funny as any Season 3 episode, it still feels very much in line with Season 4's quick-paced and eccentric style of humour. All four main characters do a great job here in their own way. I love the shifting power dynamic when Squidward figures out how to game the system. Nice to see him on the winning side for a change, at least for a while. Patrick is the perfect element of chaos to put in any story, but particularly this one, as he requests a room full of cheese and has a suitcase full of rocks. SpongeBob somewhat takes a backseat but is good in a supporting role. And Krabs' scheme is hilarious throughout, particularly when it (figuratively and literally) blows up in his face. Still to this day, it is one of the funniest episodes of Season 4 and does a lot with an admittedly thin premise. It would be a ridiculous request to leave it off the list.

• Like 8

Something Smells was never one of my favorites but the beauty of this episode is that comedy works like a charm. It's such a weird plot and yet it works out well. I love seeing SpongeBob and Patrick oblivious to the fact SpongeBob's smell drives people away. Jokes are good and the plot is fun. 

I feel like there are better s4 eps than Krusty Towers but that doesn't mean it's not good. It's amazing. It's such an amazing story that can fit in pre-movie easily but it also has s4 charm like wumbo has said. Comedy is rapid fire and it's so fucking entertaining. I totally get the placement of this episode here. It's one of post-movie's best offerings.

Spoiler

18. "Is that the cheese?"

Top 30 Theme Song Remix Spongebob GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Pizza Delivery - 144 points

13 of 30 lists. Highest Ranking: #3 - @CakeCup & @Katniss

2019 Ranking: #13 (-5)

Season 1, written by Sherm Cohen, Aaron Springer, and Peter Burns

Plot: SpongeBob and Squidward deliver a pizza.

Well, here's one that's certainly earned a long stay on these lists. You could argue that "Pizza Delivery" is the first excellent episode (I'd argue it's "Naughty Nautical Neighbors", but that's neither here nor there), one that truly realizes the true comedic and dramatic potential of SpongeBob, and one that can mine so many jokes and memorable moments from such a simple premise. SpongeBob's eccentricity is in full form here, as he babbles on about the pioneers while steadfastly refusing to give up delivering this pizza. The perfect pairing with this, of course, is Squidward, as his cynical nature contrasts perfectly with SpongeBob's optimism. And of course, there's the heartwarming moment at the end where Squidward sticks up for the little yellow guy, which I imagine is one of many reasons it so consistently makes people's lists. This is the first time we see Squidward show sympathy for SpongeBob, and it really helps to round out his character from just being a grumpy curmudgeon. "Pizza Delivery" is a sing of real growth and ambition from the series, and it all pays off.

Spoiler

17. "And welcome back to championship boxing!"

Idiot Box - SpongeBob Wiki, the SpongeBob encyclopedia

Idiot Box - 145 points

10 of 30 lists. Highest Ranking: #2 - @OWM

2019 Ranking: #19 (+2)

Season 3, written by Paul Tibbitt, Kent Osborne, and Merriwether Williams

Plot: SpongeBob and Patrick have fun with a box.

If you had to pick one episode to best showcase SpongeBob and Squidward's contrasting outlooks on life, this would probably be the one. Even this image above nearly spells it out perfectly. SpongeBob can make a cardboard box sound appealing using imagination, Squidward can't even find enjoyment out of the TV he purchased. This episode is just a ton of fun, as episodes encircled around imagination should be. SpongeBob and Patrick go on many adventures within that box, and get a lot of laughs and good lines out of them. But what makes the episode so great is Squidward's mounting frustration at their fun, not believing that the "imagination" tells the whole story. Such is the cynicism of Squidward that drives many conflicts in SpongeBob. Of course, the funniest and saddest part is the end, where Squidward thinks he gets the box working, but turns out to just be down in the dumps instead. This is an essential episode of SpongeBob to watch. Such simplicity with a cardboard box - an episode that definitively proves less is more.

• Like 8

Pizza Delivery is most likely the first ep I have ever watched, so it holds a special place in my heart. It's just a good start to SpongeBob and Squidward's relationship. I love seeing SpongeBob's optimistic nature clashes with Squidward's pessimistic nature. It makes for a good comedy and an interesting story. I love that in the end, Squidward does care for SpongeBob and he stands up for the little guy. It's so sweet. It's not on my list but it's an episode that truly deserves top 20 spot.

Idiot Box is pure hilarity. Season 3 has a lot of ambitious and wild premises like this one and and this episode is a good example of why season 3 is so unique. It goes all the way with its bold premise and all the jokes hit. It's highly entertaining and hilarious to watch. Squidward is a delight here. I could watch boxing campionship all day. It will always be on my list.

"Spongebob Meets The Strangler" definitely made my list, but the other previous five, probably would've made my list to, if we had been asked to submit a best 30, instead of just a best 25. I mean, "Spongebob Squarepants" IS starting to be enough of a long runner, that you kind of NEED to have more of a list, in order to include all the best that the show has to offer. In any case, I can't wait to see what other great episodes wind up making the list!

• Thanks 2

Spoiler

16. "Everything is chrome in the future!"

odes to wrongness. on Twitter: "#fridayfridgehorror that one time  #SpongeBob briefly tapped into isolation horror. (SB-129, Season 1, Episode  14)… "

SB-129 - 153 points

12 of 30 lists. Highest Ranking: #2 - @WhoBob

2019 Ranking: #16 (=)

Season 1, written by Aaron Springer, Erik Wiese, and Doug Lawrence

Plot: Squidward freezes himself into the future and experiences complications with a time machine.

You can't really call "SB-129" the first experimental episode of SpongeBob, as "Reef Blower", a silent short, was literally in the first airing. But man, is it a weird one. And that's what I, and I'm sure many others, love about it. It takes Squidward on this existential journey through time and existence and non-existence as he just tries to find a place to play his clarinet. It's definitely a ballsy move to do such a high-concept episode this early in the series, and it speaks to the brilliance of the writers that they were able to pull it off. This is one of the show's most memorable episodes for its plot alone. That word... alone. The depiction of "alone" and "nowhere" in this episode is haunting, and you can tell why Squidward would be perturbed by this, longing to even have SpongeBob and Patrick back. The fact that the episode all ends on the mindfuck of the century tells us that you don't want to mess around with time and space. You could end up alone like Squidward. Amazing episode, can't praise it enough.

Spoiler

15. "Finland!"

SpongeBob Season 2 Episode 14b Frankendoodle – Bubbles of Thoughts

Frankendoodle - 154 points

12 of 30 lists. Highest Ranking: #3 - @CDCB & @NegiSpongie

2019 Ranking: #10 (-5)

Season 2, written by Walt Dohrn, Paul Tibbitt, and Merriwether Williams

Plot: SpongeBob creates DoodleBob.

What separates man, or sponge, from God? Is it our ability to create? Then how do you explain the madness that is "Frankendoodle"? I love episodes of animated shows that play around with different media of art and animation. It's always so much fun to watch the artists' interpretations of what the characters' interpretations of art are. Such is the case with DoodleBob (and various other doodles such as the one above). It's a crude drawing of SpongeBob (as Patrick would be happy to point out to you) but it takes on life of its own thanks to the magic pencil. And what happens when your drawn creation attacks you and wishes to become the real you? Well, you have to erase it, of course! "Frankendoodle" is the perfect blend of comedy, intrigue, and action. It's a super exciting episode with a lot of laughs (mostly thanks to Patrick) and it also has that high-concept feel of creating and destroying life. But maybe I should take it easy. It's just a drawing.

• Like 8

SB-129 is my #2 cuz i think it's the most ambitious and creative episode of the show ever. I'm a sucker up for time travel episodes and this episode really reminded me of Futurama and Doctor Who, both of which are some of my favorite shows ever. The ep goes all the way with its high concept and it doesn't stop. It is pure insanity and you don't know where it leads to. For a character work, this episode works so perfectly. Squidward tries his hardest to avoid his neighbors only to miss them because even he cannot stand the concept of loneliness. It shows that we do need people to talk to, even if they can be annoying. I think it's the most well written, smartest and the most thought provoking episode of the show.

Frankendoodle made me list as well. It's a different type of creativty this time with art coming back to haunt us and replace us. It's an energetic and a non-stop action packed episode that show us SpongeBob can be badass sometimes. And it's very funny.

Been a while since I posted on here, time to say some more thoughts.

Mermaid Man And Barnacle Boy V wasn't on my list, but it was close and is definitely the best Mermaid Man episode. It's so funny, especially at the climax when they all lose to the selves and E.V.I.L doesn't even have to do anything.

Spongebob Meets the Strangler was on my list. It's so hilarious seeing Spongebob drive the strangler to insanity with his naivety (unless he secretly knew the whole time....there's two ways to intrepet the episode and they're both hilarious).

Welcome to the Chum Bucket was on my top 10. It's simultanously really funny and really sad, it causes there to be both one of the best plots (and songs) of the series, and some of the funniest jokes in the series. Such a great episode.

Krusty Towers was on my list, it's a really funny episode, not much else to say.

SB-129 was just barely in my top 10, the atmosphere and locations are REALLY good and the episode is very trippy. It's such a cool episode.

Frankendoodle was in my top 10. It's a really funny episode with some really cool action and the best one off (now two off) character of the series.

Spoiler

14. "Here you go. It's alphabet soup. I made it special."

GitHub - filp/comfy: Configure your applications comfortably

Can You Spare a Dime? - 160 points

9 of 30 lists. 1 #1 vote - @sbl

2019 Ranking: #7 (-7)

Season 3, written by Jay Lender, Sam Henderson, and Merriwether Williams

Plot: Squidward loses his job and is down on his luck, so SpongeBob invites him into his home.

I love episodes where the facade of SpongeBob cracks like this one. SpongeBob is usually a pretty easygoing and helpful guy. But even he has his limits, and Squidward stomps all over them in this episode. Then we get to see how SpongeBob reacts to such adversity. With a heaping helping of passive aggression, it turns out! Actually, this episode is surprisingly sour all around for SpongeBob. No one really seems happy, or seems to get along with anyone else. If it wasn't so damned funny, I'd imagine it would actually be a pretty unpleasant affair to sit through. But it is funny, and that's what matters here. SpongeBob's passive aggression is hilarious, as are Squidward's whiny neediness and Mr. Krabs' stubbornness. It may not be a very fun episode for the SpongeBob characters, but it's definitely a fun one for most of us.

Spoiler

13. "You just sprinkle it over anything you say, and Wham-O! You've got yourself a spicy sentence sandwich!"

Hidden gem in "Sailor Mouth" - Is that you Tom Kenny? - Imgur

Sailor Mouth - 179 points

9 of 30 lists. Highest Ranking: #3 - @Bob Carotte & @The Helpful Mexican

2019 Ranking: #17 (+4)

Season 2, written by Walt Dohrn, Paul Tibbitt, and Merriwether Williams

Plot: SpongeBob learns a bad new word.

"Sailor Mouth" is one of those episodes that you're amazed the writers got away with. I think a big part of it is the use of all the funny sound effects in place of the swear words, whatever they may be. What also helps is it kind of works as a moral tale, with Mr. Krabs as the teacher on which words are bad. SpongeBob and Patrick don't mean any harm using *dolphin noise*, it's all in good fun until they figure out what it means. That's what keeps the episode going and what makes it so endearing. Its childlike innocence, culminating in an explosion of swear words from - you guessed it - Mr. Krabs himself. A totally fun episode that always holds up upon rewatch, if only to hear all the creative and funny sounds used to mask the naughty language. And I know it goes thematically with the episode, but how they snuck a George Carlin reference in there I'll never understand. Fantastic.

• Like 8

Spoiler

12. "Try one of those radioactive sludge-balls you call food? Next I suppose you'll want me to go square-dancing with Patrick!"

Spongebob Squarepants - Just One Bite - YouTube

There I am Gary there I am!

Just One Bite - 189 points

14 of 30 lists. Highest Ranking: #3 - @WinterArcanine

2019 Ranking: #12 (=)

Season 3, written by Jay Lender, Sam Harrison, and Merriwether Williams

Plot: SpongeBob tries to get Squidward to eat a Krabby Patty.

Messing with the status quo, huh? Well, "status quo", anyway, because Squidward has eaten Krabby Patties in the past, however involuntarily. This episode is on my list for one reason and one reason only: it is an absolute goldmine for screencaps and funny faces. The one above you can see, as well as SpongeBob's "you like Krabby Patties" face, Squidward's "unsure" face, the list goes on. Props to the storyboard artists and animators here, just brilliant work. It's also a well plotted episode. Anything that involves sneaking around and keeping secrets is sure to be fun; throw a little inappropriate gasoline into the mix and it's a roller coaster. I love how Squidward provides his own undoing here through his pride, and then has to sneak around in myriad ways to get another Krabby Patty without SpongeBob noticing. Great, well-rounded character, that Squidward. A classic episode with lots to enjoy. Does this look unsure to you?

Spoiler

11. "Ow! I burnt my hand!... at night."

image.jpeg.247e6c487d03406ea6b567ed7bd8f14c.jpeg

Graveyard Shift - 200 points

15 of 30 lists. Highest Ranking: #5 - @JCM & @kev

2019 Ranking: #11 (=)

Season 2, written by Doug Lawrence, Jay Lender, and Dan Povenmire

Plot: SpongeBob and Squidward work the night shift at the Krusty Krab.

Spooky episodes are the best ones for atmosphere, and this one oozes frightening and unnerving atmosphere just as the walls of the Krusty Krab ooze green slime. A wonderful little ghost story told by Squidward slowly gets realized as he and SpongeBob work further into the Krusty Krab's first night shift. It reaches a point where it becomes too much to be a series of coincidences... until it is, of course. And these types of plots are always contrived to some extent, but the explanation is so silly that it doesn't matter. It also helps that they lampshade it with Nosferatu at the end. Squidward and Spongebob so consistently make a good pairing, as evidenced by these last two episodes and many others on this list. They bounce off each other so well in so many different ways, and their contrasting personalities can make any episode entertaining. This one, with its spook factor, certainly fits the bill as well. It's funny, it's intriguing, it's creepy, and it rocks.

• Like 8

I feel weird about Can You Spare a Dime say way I do feel about Squid on Strike with it having an overboard cheap Mr. Krabs and it ending rather cynically but I totally get why it's there and I cannot complain. It is really that good. SpongeBob being done with Squidward's antics was my favorite aspect of the episode. He tries his best to help him out, only to spoil him and it gets even worse. I loved all the jokes they have thrown here. Story is captivating. Characters are fun. Definitely a good episode.

Sailor Mouth didn't make my list but I really love it. Something about swear censors being dolphin noises among other things make up for a good comedy. I love seeing Mr. Krabs be an important figure to SpongeBob and Patrick and tell them to never swear again. But when he cracks, oh boy, he goes hard. I have a lot of fun with this one and it deserves to be on the list.

Just One Bite made my list. It's one of the few SpongeBob episodes which has memes it cannot get old. Every joke slaps and Squidward is a gem throughout. He really goes crazy and I love it here.

Graveyard Shift didn't make my list due to me being tired of the episode but I still love it and it deserves to be this high. SpongeBob and Squidward duo in pre-movie will never get old. Every episode of their dynamic shines. They just have the best chemistry and it shows here. And you literally have no idea what is ahead of our characters until it's all revealed at the end. Truly a magnificent episode.

Honourable Mentions

Spoiler

60. Procrastination

SpongeBob SquarePants" Procrastination/I'm with Stupid (TV Episode 2001) -  IMDb

51 points, 7 of 30 lists. Highest Ranking: #8 - @Katniss

2019 Ranking: #56 (-4)

Spoiler

59. My Pretty Seahorse

image.jpeg.1ee6a7c2855d71445ed3848358a85224.jpeg

54 points, 4 of 30 lists. Highest Ranking: #4 - @jjsthekid

2019 Ranking: N/A (New!)

Spoiler

58. Employee of the Month

Spongebob employee of the month | Spongebob, Spongebob memes, Spongebob  squarepants

55 points, 5 of 30 lists. Highest Ranking: #10 - @Coffee_lover

2019 Ranking: #58 (=)

Spoiler

57. Pranks a Lot

image.jpeg.19bb5ebc402ae53289fd083a480d1136.jpeg

56 points, 3 of 30 lists. Highest Ranking: #3 - @4EverGreen

2019 Ranking: #61 (+4)

Spoiler

56. Suction Cup Symphony

SpongeBuddy Mania - SpongeBob Transcripts - Suction Cup Symphony

58 points, 4 of 30 lists. 1 #1 vote - @Coffee_lover

Spoiler

55. Krusty Love

YARN | See? You just did it again! | SpongeBob SquarePants (1999) - S02E16  Krusty Love | Video clips by quotes | 2d8fe364 | 紗

61 points, 4 of 30 lists. Highest Ranking: #4 - @sbl

Spoiler

54. Mimic Madness

SpongeBuddy Mania - SpongeBob Transcripts - Mimic Madness

61 points, 4 of 30 lists. Highest Ranking: #2 - @ForgottenOne

2019 Ranking: #54 (=)

Spoiler

53. The Fry Cook Games

Stream "Fry Cook Games" Spongebob Type Beat (Prod. Radium) by Radium |  Listen online for free on SoundCloud

61 points, 5 of 30 lists. Highest Ranking: #5 - @Wumbo

2019 Ranking: #44 (-9, fell off Top 50 ? )

Spoiler

52. Naughty Nautical Neighbors

Spongebob and neighbors' backyards: AlternateAngles

61 points, 6 of 30 lists. Highest Ranking: #8 - @sbl & @Aquatic Konquest

Spoiler

51. Snowball Effect

7 Patrick Star ideas | patrick star, spongebob memes, spongebob

63 points, 7 of 30 lists. Highest Ranking: #3 - @E.V.I.L.

2019 Ranking: #22 (-29, fell off Top 50)

• Like 8

Can You Spare a Dime made it on my list at #5. One of the funniest episodes of the entire show, the way Squidward acts throughout the episode is hilarious, and Spongebob's anger towards Squidward and all his ways to tell Squidward to GET A JOB is even funnier.

Just One Bite also made my list at #3. Also one of the funniest episodes of the show, there are so many great jokes throughout the entire episode. The fact its still the best pre movie episode even with an entire scene missing proves this.

Graveyard Shift just barely missed my list, the atmosphere is fantastic and there's many funny scenes in it.

Procrastination is a weird one because I need to rewatch it. I think it has potential to be even as far as top 10 with how funny and relatable Spongebob's whole situation is, and the crazy stuff that happens in his dream, but I need a rewatch to know. I compromised by putting it in one of the lowest spots on my list, but had I rewatched it in time it could of potentially been on the list.

I never really understood why My Pretty Seahorse doesn't usually make the list, it's hilarious. It's not on my list but is very close.

I just rewatched Employee of the Month earlier today and that episode is so funny, Spongebob and Squidward's rivalry over something so stupid, and all the stuff they do to beat each other to become employee of the month, is hilarious. This should've been on the best list instead of just a HM.

Suction Cup Symphony is really interesting considering it's a post movie episode. It does deserve this though, it's a really funny episode, mainly that song at the end which is just godly.

Krusty Love is the same exact thoughts as My Pretty Seahorse.

Naughty Nautical Neighbors and Pranks a Lot shouldn't be here tbh. they're good episodes but not so good that they deserve top 100. We should of gotten more post sequel representation or The Bully instead. Where is Karen's Virus and and Legend of Bookini Bottom ?

Snowball Effect should of been on the list wtf. You losers didn't put it high enough on the list smh ~~as if I didn't put it at #23 myself lmao~~
This episode is hilarious, all the snowball fight stuff they do is hilarious, as is Squidward getting into it so much he creates essentially a snowball fort tower, and drives Spongebob and Patrick away.

- Procrastination didn't make my list but it's a relatable episode about how we waste time doing nothing to escape the productivity. The episode really hit all the notes for me. SpongeBob here is fun and the jokes are great.

- My Pretty Seahorse is another one that didn't make my list but I really love it for how sweet and emotional it is. SpongeBob's time with the seahorse is so charming and funny. You really get the bond between two. Sadly things cannot last long and they fall apart. It's a pretty sad ending but it works out so well.

- Employee of the Month missed my list but It's one of s1's strongest episodes. I love the rivalry between SpongeBob and Squidward and the conflicts they brought in each other are so fucking entertaining and funny. This is one of the rare times we see Squidward actually giving a shit about his job and I love it. Definitely should have made the list this year.

- Pranks a Lot will never make my list but it's such a hilarious way to end the pre-movie era. Every joke hits and SpongeBob and Patrick are so much fun here.

- Suction Cup Symphony is one of the best season 6 episodes and while it won't ever make my list, I adore it for how fun and bonkers it is. Squidward actually gets a happy ending thanks to SpongeBob and Patrick's wacky antics and the episode closes on a funny note. A must see episode.

- Krusty Love made my list and It should have been here as well. I just love the dynamic between Mr. Krabs and Mrs. Puff. They are so cute together and I just love that Mr. Krabs has to choose between her and money. It creates a funny conflict and seeing how SpongeBob react to all this makes it even better. I wish it was on the list but oh well.

- Naughty Nautical Neighbors made my list. It's one of the most hilarious s1 episodes ever and it highlights the relationship between SpongeBob and Patrick. It's just so good to see Squidward becoming friends with them only to hate it so much he wants to put SpongeBob and Patrick back together. It's a really entertaining and wacky episode that should have made the list.

- Snowball Effect is one episode I'm sad over dropping the most. It should have been way higher. Top 10 material episode with a lot of great jokes, Squidward being wacky and competitive and SpongeBob and Patrick being silly af. Oh and winter themed episodes are always the best. What's not to love?

- Mimic Madness is one of the best season 10 episodes. It captures what I love about the show and it bringing every cast to help SpongeBob makes it so sweet. SpongeBob obsession over mimicing are hilarious and entertaining and once it gets serious, you feel bad for him and you want the best for him. I definitely consider it to be one of the best episodes the show has ever had in a long time.

- The Fry Cook Games is a ton of fun. It's another competition episode, this time being about SpongeBob and Patrick and how they race towards the finale makes it very interesting. Jokes are rad and the story is great. It has a heartwarming moment at the end and I really like it.