Episode Rating  

3 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Fleas
    • 4/5 Fleas
    • 3/5 Fleas
    • 2/5 Fleas
    • 1/5 Fleas

This is a brilliant episode from the good ol' Ben Gruber. What is not to love. I loved the entire concept of Squidward's house being infected by circus fleas and Gruber did his best to make this as much as incredibly fun as possible. I was so entertained and i laughed throughout. I lost myself whenever TV made ads about SpongeBob's disappointed and sad feelings. So creative. Squidward thinking his house was haunted was priceless. Squidward literally throwing himself back in the oven was the best laugh I have had with this episode. Not too many jokes but this episode was funny enough and it was just a blast to watch from start to finish. No dull moments whatsoever. 

Although I can see someone here hating this ep cuz Squidward is being eaten by fleas. :funny:

Also SpongeBob is a flea slave owner, cancel him.

Grade: A

I thought this episode was just okay. It didn't really have much funny moments except for the sad sponge commercial at the beginning and Squidward teaching the fleas how they should cook him. Squidward could've saved himself a lot of trouble if he had just given SpongeBob his package instead of throwing it away in his garbage.

This was a enjoyable episode, just not one of my favorites.

Honestly, I think this episode is better than a certain OTHER episode that I won't mention here. I think it's because the circus sea fleas are...well, fleas. They weren't previously established characters (unlike Mrs. Puff), and they probably don't know any better (unlike Mrs. Puff). Also, I think it's kind of sad how Ben Gruber, a person who worked on "Breadwinners", can write a MORE tasteful episode, than people like Bob Camp who have been around longer, and should know better. Another reason why this episode works better, is that Squidward REALLY brought this whole misfortune upon himself! By this point, it's "Karma" 267...give or take, "Squidward" 2...pretty much. So you would THINK by this point that Squidward would know BETTER than to tempt fate. But...he didn't. And he even LAMPSHADES how it WAS "Karma" that was doing it to him! Also, I wonder if the "Contrived Coincidence" of the TV running ads that coincide remarkably well with what's happening on "Spongebob Squarepants", is going to become a brand new thing. But, the biggest reason why I don't hate this episode and find it moderately enjoyable, is that the sea fleas don't devour Squidward, and Squidward doesn't get cooked like a baked pineapple cake with an apple in it! Overall, I'd give this episode an 8.5 out of 10. Enough said, true believers!