• Advertisement

Q2 2021 Announcements (4/19/2021)

Steel Sponge

4/19/2021

It's been a while since I've done my announcements for the previous quarter. Of course, I was going to do this earlier, but due to being pre-occupied with the recent Riffing Theater miniseries for a moment, I ended up forgetting about this and delayed it a bit. The first quarter of 2021 turned out to be a slow start, so I didn't manage to get a lot of what I've planned done for that period, so I'll be taking my time with this period. First things first, while there are two upcoming projects for this year that are yet to be announced, they won't be announced for this quarter, however. But with the Spin-Off Festival reportedly returning this year, some news regarding them might just sneak up.

Q2 2021 (April-June) Announcements:

-Total Drama Treasure Tour: First up is some news regarding my most recent series. I haven't been as productive on this as I planned originally. As I've pledged, TDTT will return for new episodes sooner than later. My plan for this series over the course of this quarter is to have eight episodes written out before June, where I intend to take a month off from it until returning to it in July, in time for Total Drama's annual milestone celebration. In other words, this will pretty much be my most focused spin-off for this period.

-Chemist Bob's Catastrophic Creations Cinema: Due to the slowdown, this riffing series has stalled a bit, but like with Total Drama Treasure Tour, this is expected to return soon. I don't think I can guarantee that riffing for Guru Gakuto will conclude before the end of this quarter, but I'm confident that I will be close to finished with it.  

-Red Flag Savior: Rebirth of a Storm: Unfortunately, I haven't been able to give myself the time to restart production on this spin-off, so my original plans for this during Q1 will be carried over into Q2. I will continue writing this, but at this point, I can't say when.

-SpongeBob SquarePants: Lost in Translation: There's one more episode to post later this month (Shanghaied's partner episode, Gary Takes a Bath, to be more specific). It will be entering another short break, but will return in June for the Spin-Off Festival. Until then, here's the rest of the episodes planned for this second and final season:

40. Atlantis Squarepantis
41. Pull Up a Barrel
42. Gary & Spot
43. Opposite Day
44. Sportz?
45. The Sponge Who Could Fly
46. Slide Whistle Stooges
47. My Leg!
48. Squirrel Jokes
49. Whale of a Birthday
50. Stuck in the Wringer
51. Dying for Pie
52. ????

The title for the 52nd episode will remained undisclosed until a title for it is conceived. The most of what I can say about it is that it will be structured as an originally written SB episode that will tie in to a similar episode that will be posted on Oh Yeah! Collections, which is the thread where I hosted the series' test run.

-Oh Yeah! Collections: I must repeat that Side Quest, the first of the nine planned new original one-shot stories for this year, is now available to the public. Although I had to kill three months to finish that one, I will be making up for it by publishing another later during this same month. In the meantime, here's the new expected short list of original one-shot titles to expect in the coming months:

The Main Detraction (This month)
Mirrior (May)
Anchor (June)

As I should point out, these release months are planned and not 100% guaranteed. 

-Tiki Land: The least I can say about this spin-off's soon-to-be continued progress is that it won't continue until I'm finished with Rebirth of a Storm. Best case scenario, I'll be seeing myself starting to write out the last five eps before July.

-Jjs' Riffing Theater 3000: The Critic Chronicles: Going to be making an announcement for this particular riffing miniseries while I'm being involved in the writing process of it, and while it will interfere with the progress with my own works as seen above. As I speak, I am in the process of finishing up my third of my planned seven Nostalgia Critic transcript riffs before moving on to my fourth right afterwards, or rather after my planned two consecutive 12-hour writing sessions.

And that wraps up my spin-off news for the second quarter. It's nothing too exciting, but I'm confident that I can accomplish with this plan more than with my Q1 plans. See you all until later in July, when I'll be doing my next round of announcements.

• Like 3