1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Tabs
    • 4/5 Tabs
    • 3/5 Tabs
    • 2/5 Tabs
    • 1/5 Tabs

7QnTR40.jpg

Premieres: Friday, April 9th @ 7:00pm ET/PT

Plot: Bubble Bass doesn't pay his tab after ordering food at the Krusty Krab, so Mr. Krabs sends SpongeBob and Squidward to his house to try and make him pay.

Note that this episode along with its partner have already aired overseas, along with being available on the S12 DVD. 

Clip:

This episode was surprisingly decent for Bubble Bass whom I think is overused to hell. It was pretty creative to have an entire episode that takes place in Bubble Bass's basement with a D&D style challenge. SpomgeBob and Squidward had a great dynamic here and them having to deal with Bubble Bass's shenanigans was fun to watch. Bubble Bass's mon was great in this episode and perhaps she was the most amusing aspect of it. This episode also had a ton of SquidBob subtext and I can't tell if it's intentional or not lol. Not much else to say here, other than this episode was pretty decent.

Grade: B

It was a really great episode and really entertaining. I really enjoyed SpongeBob and Squidward together in this episode and they had great chemistry, even if it got a little weird at times, but their facing against Bubble Bass was really fun to watch. I also noticed the references to "Eels and Escalators" and "Patrick the Game". Again this was a really great and entertaining episode. 

Apparently, Bubble Bass must have reconciled with his mom, because he's once again living in HER basement! Also, I noticed a lot of Spongebob idolizing Squidward in this episode! It's definitely funny, but I sure hope we get an explanation as to just WHY Spongebob idolizes Squidward someday! Also, who knew that Bubble Bass could BE so elaborate?! Coming up with a life-size version of "Dungeons and Dragons" (or as the show calls it, "Three Deadly Challenges"), by utilizing a bunch of cardboard cut-outs, a touch of imagination (which was surprisingly under-utilized), and his MOM! To paraphrase Yakov Schmirnoff: "In former Soviet Russia, you don't kick butt, BUTT kicks YOU!!!!" But Squidward prevails against Bubble Bass; and, surprise, surprise, Bubble Bass CAN'T pay his tab, because he spent all his money on those cardboard cut-outs. HOORAY for "Spongebob Squarepants" using "Fridge Logic!" So Bubble Bass is forced to work off his debt; but because his work ethic is SO horrible and SO pathetic, the customers are actually WILLING to pay Mr. Krabs to make Bubble Bass STOP trying to work! So Mr. Krabs agrees, only to find out that Bubble Bass has out-played him, by using a "Batman Gambit"! By behaving in the way that others expect him to behave, Bubble Bass in turn knew that the customers would WANT to be rid of his HORRIBLE work ethic, and pay to be rid of him, so that Bubble Bass in turn, could start a brand NEW tab! And Bubble Bass didn't even FORCE anyone to pay off his tab for him! I guess Bubble Bass learned his lesson from his past failures in trying to get something for practically nothing, because that was a pretty brilliant ploy that Bubble Bass pulled! Also, Bubble Bass' Mom, trying to put the moves on Squidward, actually CONFIRMS my theory, that Bubble Bass' Mom is either divorced or otherwise widowed! While it definitely makes Bubble Bass unsettled, Squidward eventually decides that he doesn't mind! After all, after 12 seasons of having his dreams MOSTLY unfulfilled, Squidward will take what he can get, WHENEVER he can get it! Overall, I'd give this episode segment a 9.9 out of 10, only because I wish they utilized the Imagination tool a bit more than they did. Enough said, true believers!