1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Lighthouses
    • 4/5 Lighthouses
    • 3/5 Lighthouses
    • 2/5 Lighthouses
    • 1/5 Lighthouses

JxDqWWy.png

Premieres: Monday, January 18th @ 12:00pm ET/PT

Plot: SpongeBob cleans up the boating school's lighthouse, where he finds a cute but uncomfortable companion.

Note that this episode along with its partner have already aired overseas, along with being available on the S12 DVD. 

Clip:

I also noticed one of Spongebob's "Wanted" posters, the volleyball that Spongebob used for ripping his pants that one time, a blank Driver's License, and one of Patrick's shoes, that Patrick wore on his hands. I can't wait to see how the rest of the episode turns out!

This episode was fun to watch. It wasn't a funny episode, though it had its moments like the toaster gag, Mr. Krabs telling the costumers to protect his restaurant and Fred on TV but the entire conflict between SpongeBob and Louise was entertaining enough to make up for it. I liked that Mrs. Puff didn't get injured pretty badly and she just enjoyed her punk rock music. This is not one of my favorites of the season but it was a fun one.

Grade: B

I feel like the joke that Mrs. Puff has been using her lighthouse for the past 20 years, to throw stuff away in, was a joke on a meta level, as that's roughly how long "Spongebob Squarepants" has been on the air! While the episode really didn't have that many laughs to it, the story was at least solid, and executed well enough. I may be mistaken, but I think this might have been the FIRST time that Bubble Bass and Larry have ever interacted in a scene TOGETHER! Also, who knew Bubble Bass was DURABLE enough to survive having a lighthouse roll OVER him?! (Usually, you have to pay EXTRA for that!) Still, you gotta feel bad for Mr. Krabs, who got his restaurant wrecked, he didn't even do anything to DESERVE having THAT happen! At least Spongebob found out that the only reason the snail was being an antagonist, was because it was trying to protect it's baby snails! Also, this marks the second time that a snail Spongebob initially thought was a guy, turned out to be a girl! At least Mrs. Puff didn't go to jail AGAIN, like she HAS done before, and basically just tuned everyone out, by listening to Punk Rock music, which I hope they bring up again in future episodes. All in all, I'd give the episode segment an 8.8 out of 10. Enough said, true believers!