• Advertisement

068a. Patrick SmartPants

Doogle.

It's an okay episode. What really annoyed me was like what fa said. Patrick's arrogance threw me off though. I get that he was suppose to be smart, but I don't understand how arrogance associates with intelligence. Meh, oh well.

6/10

Patrick SmartPants

People are complaining about Patrick "Being out of character" or "Obnoxious" but that's the basis of the story, If Patrick wasn't "Obnoxious" and/Or "Annoying" then you wouldn't have the story. Patrick realizes the error of what he's become and tries to change it by having fun, I agree he does seem too extreme but if he wasn't the episode wouldn't have worked. Anyway I thought this was a pretty good episode, lots of funny parts (Mostly involving the Cliff and Patrick's head) Patrick's "Smart voice" was funny, and I liked the resolution which I thought was both clever and funny. I'm not saying it's a classic neither the best of the season but I can't find anything wrong with it.

Score: B+, 4/5, 8/10, Excellent

Patrick SmartPants

People are complaining about Patrick "Being out of character" or "Obnoxious" but that's the basis of the story, If Patrick wasn't "Obnoxious" and/Or "Annoying" then you wouldn't have the story.

Which then bears the question: Why bother with the story in the first place?

Patrick SmartPants

People are complaining about Patrick "Being out of character" or "Obnoxious" but that's the basis of the story, If Patrick wasn't "Obnoxious" and/Or "Annoying" then you wouldn't have the story. Patrick realizes the error of what he's become and tries to change it by having fun, I agree he does seem too extreme but if he wasn't the episode wouldn't have worked. Anyway I thought this was a pretty good episode, lots of funny parts (Mostly involving the Cliff and Patrick's head) Patrick's "Smart voice" was funny, and I liked the resolution which I thought was both clever and funny. I'm not saying it's a classic neither the best of the season but I can't find anything wrong with it.

Score: B+, 4/5, 8/10, Excellent

I agree. Besides, even though Patrick WAS smart, he WANTED to go back to being his goofy self because he valued his friendships more than any amount of improved knowledge could bring him]http://r12.imgfast.net/users/1211/23/64/63/smiles/125508.gif

Sorry to bump this thread, but I love this episode. It is probably the most underrated episode ever. Though i did state why i liked it in the spongebob thread "spongebobfan29's favorite and least favorite episodes from each season" so i wont explain it here, but if you want to check it out, go to that thread. Anyway, Tied with Krusty Towers for my favorite season 4 episode.

11/10. (this is a score i occasinally use if i feel that an episode deserves extra credit.)

I don't generally like to pick apart things, but this post just bugs me.

In a nutshell, Patrick says "smart" things with a "smart" voice to aim for the lowest common denominator of human trash. No thought to it, no wit, just slap a silly voice to a character and you will get automatic laughs. 

You forgot to mention that his entire personality changes (in the fact that he doesn't enjoy things he once did) and his vocabulary expands tenfold.

NO. JUST. PLAIN. NO. If you cannot see why I hate this episode, go back to Kindergarten. For the mentally disabled, this is, to be blunt, American propaganda. The epitome of it. Why? It ENCOURAGES being dumb, offensively puts down the intelligent and tells everybody they are all snobbish jerks, whilst being annoying simultaneously! It tells gullible kids "Hey, if you become intelligent, you will become rude like Patrick, and unable to have fun. And that's no good!" Grinds my gears in unspeakable ways. Discourages children to succeed in life, and be MORONS forever. How Nickelodeon let this abomination put on air is beyond me. In fact, this makes me think the government is purposely attempting to brainwash kids so they stay poor and don't overthrow the kings, for the richer children living more luxurious lives. This kind of stuff is harming society as a whole, and it saddens me how the next generation of humans will be. The worst moral from television. Worse than "Strangers are friends you haven't met" and "Crying always helps".

It's a cartoon, not a government conspiracy to brainwash children. You misunderstand the moral. It's not "LAWL BE STUPID" (and even if it was, just like how it was when they did this plot in Adventure Time, it's not meant to be taken seriously), the moral is to be yourself, because when you try to be someone else, it goes against who you are. That's generally the moral of SpongeBob as a whole. It's a kids cartoon, and to think that the government is doing things like that on purpose to ensure safety and all of the other random crap you mentioned about society is just silly.

• Like 5