• Advertisement

Snowcember Story Contest 2020

Jjs Goodman

7Qe2aM1.png 

This returns from previous years. Here are the rules:

• Submit a written winter/holiday/Christmas themed work. You may use an existing spin-off, or create a completely separate entry. It does not have to be specifically about Christmas or any holiday, it can be about winter in general.
  • It does not have to be SpongeBob related.
  • Your creation must at least be 300 words. 
  • It must be something you have written, do not plagiarize someone else's work.
  • Post it in this thread by December 27, 2020 by 7pm EST.

Me, OWM and Cha will be the judges. The winner will receive a point for their side, 1,000 doubloons, and a special GCA-style trophy you can display in your profile/signature.

Have fun, and let the games begin! 

Since somebody needs to enter and win this thing, and nobody else has tried yet, I guess I might as well throw my hat into the ring (metaphorically speaking!) That being said, don't expect a great big epic or anything; this is a short story, and it's an idea that I DON'T think anybody else has tried yet, so I don't know how it will be received. But I rather try something new and unexpected, than something that everyone has already experienced a million times (or so) already. With that explanation out of the way, here is my holiday story experience! I hope you enjoy reading it, as much as I did writing it! /

"The Tidal Zone Presents: The Living Holiday Lights" / Cuddle E. Hugs walks on screen, and says: "Submitted for your approval, the Christmas holiday is a time of joyful gatherings, Eggnog, Mistletoe, and the occasional chill that you get from snowfall, and needing to warm up with some chestnuts roasting on an open fire. Occasionally however, something unusual happens from time to time, and things don't go the way they are usually planned. Take for instance, one Miss Sandy Cheeks, who prides herself on being able to come up with solutions to problems that nobody else has ever thought of. What Sandy doesn't realize, is that her latest solution to a problem, is about to take her on a one way trip, through the Tidal Zone". Sandy is wearing her lab coat and science goggles, and is busy wrenching and bolting her latest scientific project! Until at last, she wipes off the sweat that has accumulated on her face, and she shares: "Eureka! At last, I've done it!!!!" And lightning inexplicably flashes overhead from out of nowhere! She rushes to the Krusty Krab, busts in, and exclaims: "Folks, you'll NEVER believe what I just did!" Fred Rechid asks: "Found a way to keep me from breaking MY LEG?!!!" Bubble Bass asks: "Discovered a way to make it so we NEVER have to go number two again?" Squidward asks: "Discovered a way to KEEP Spongebob out of my LIFE forever?!" Sandy answers: "In that order; Not yet, Still working on it, and not on your life! I have discovered a way that will solve everyone's holiday lighting problems forever! As everyone knows, what is the number one problem, for holiday light owners? Burnt out light-bulbs! And finding the exact light-bulb that has burnt out, is ALWAYS such a hassle! But, I have figured out a way, that will alleviate everyone's problems forever! I call them, Living Holiday Lights!" And she opens up a box, and unveils seven glow-worms, colored Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, White, and Purple respectively! Sandy says: "Utilizing the latest in gene-splicing and reverse engineering, I have created these glow worms, so that they can blink on and off at controlled interviews, to make for an impressive display! And the best part is, you will never NEED to change them yourselves, they will know WHEN it's time for them, to need to be recharged! When they start to run low on energy, they can come back into your house, get fed and rested, and when they're fully recharged, come back out and continue blinking again! They get a place to live, and YOU'LL never need to change your holiday lights again! Everybody wins!" Everyone in the Krusty Krab claps their hands, fins, flippers, or claws, and Spongebob says: "That's Sandy for you! She NEVER fails to come up with a solution to a problem!" Squidward, unconvinced says: "I give it eleven minutes before SOMETHING comes to mess things up!"

A Card appears, and the French Narrator says: "Five seconds later..." / Plankton bursts in, and he says: "Well, what do we have here?" Mr. Krabs says: "Plankton! What are YOU doing here, so unwelcome in MY restaurant?!" Plankton says: "Relax, Mr. Krabs. I'm not here to steal your Krabby Patty formula, yet! I have come to share a little proposition with Miss Sandy Cheeks!" Sandy asks: "You want to have a proposition with me? We've only really ever interacted THREE times total, INCLUDING this time!" Plankton says: "Relax! It's no big deal! I want to buy these little...glow-worm thingies, and I'll pay you handsomely, so you can buy a little trip to the French Riviera! Or...wherever it is that Texan squirrels like to vacation!" Bubble Bass says: "That sounds like a WORSE idea than the time Spongebob and Patrick tried to get a tan, in order to get into Craig Mammalton's beach party!" Craig says: "I just want to say, for the record, I did NOT force them to get those tans! They didn't even have to GO to my party! And I certainly didn't force anyone to STAY at my party; they could've left ANYTIME they wanted! I even apologized after Spongebob and Patrick got hurt, and took them to Sandy's, so she could heal them!" Sandy says: "Thank you for making a significant contribution again, and Bubble Bass is right! As far as YOU'RE concerned, Plankton, these Glow Worms are NOT for sale!" Plankton asks: "Is she serious? I really don't KNOW Sandy!" Spongebob says: "Well, Plankton, she seems..." Plankton grabs out a checkbook, and begins writing down words and numbers, and he says: "Oh, SURELY, she must be joking!" Sandy seriously says: "No, I MEAN it! You're NOT getting one! Not a single ONE! And that is FINAL!!!!" And Mr. Krabs nods his head in agreement! Plankton angrily says: "You HORRIBLE woman! Specifically, just YOU! Fine!" He tears up the check, and says: "KEEP those stupid glow worms for whatever I care! Do what you like with them; DROWN them, if that's even POSSIBLE!!!! I WARN you, Sandy, we're THROUGH! I'm THROUGH with ALL of you! I'll get EVEN! Just you WAIT!!!! You'll be SORRY, you FOOLS! You...YOU IDIOTS!!!!" (SLAM! CRASH!) And Plankton slams the door with such force, he breaks the WINDOW of the front door! Patrick says: "What a terrible, triple-decker, toadstool, saurkraut sandwich, with arsenic sauce!" Pearl says: "I would STILL worry about him though!" Bubble Bass asks: "I wonder what plan Plankton is going to come up with, that will fail like it ALWAYS does?!" From far away, Karen's voice is heard, and says: "Initiating new attack maneuver, commencing electronic, mechanical assimilation!" And the Chum Bucket turns on a mechanical magnet, that draws in machines and other metallic, electronic objects, from all over Bikini Bottom, and draws them to Karen! She electronically connects herself to all the devices, and creates a fifty foot VERSION of herself! Bubble Bass says: "It's an attack of a fifty foot electronic woman! And I can say that phrase by name, since I'm not planning on making any money off of that phrase!" Plankton says: "So, Karen, do you want to take what is RIGHTFULLY ours, and grab that STINKING Krabby Patty Secret Formula?!" Mr. Krabs says: "I KNEW IT!!!! Your plans ALWAYS revolve around getting that!" Plankton says: "And they always WILL!!!!" Sandy says: "Not on your life, Plankton! The OBVIOUS solution to this problem, is to unveil my GIANT ROBOT!!!!" Bubble Bass says: "A giant ROBOT?! You would THINK we could be a little more creative than THAT! Besides, isn't that like a Deus Ex Machina?" Sandy asks: "Do you want me to save the day or not?!"

Squidward says: "I'm beyond caring either way." Sandy says: "I just need four more operators, due to the complexity of my machine!" Spongebob says: "I'll go! Uh...you don't need a driver's license for this, do you?" Sandy says: "Fortunately, no!" Pearl says: "I'll go! Dad says that I look good in pink!" Patrick says: "Can I help?" Sandy THINKS about it, and says: "Sure! Better to keep an eye on you, where I can at least MOSTLY control the situation!" Bubble Bass says: "And I'll go to! You need at least ONE pilot who's genre savvy about this whole thing!" Sandy says: "Than, SUIT UP!!!!" And a sound-a-like to "Go, Go, Power Rangers", plays in the background! Fred says: "I like the REAL version of this song, BETTER!" Than Sandy's robot ACCIDENTALLY knocks the Krusty Krab sign onto Fred's foot, and he cries: "MY LEG!!!!" The fish creatures, all suited up, jump into the robot, and begin operating the machine, THANKS to there being a guide called "Operating a Giant Robot For Dummies" Book being in their cock-pits! Plankton says: "So, you think you can stop me? We'll see about that! Karen, Laser eyes!" Karen fires lasers at the Giant Robot, but the Robot flashes robotic bracelets, and deflects everyone of them, and Bubble Bass says: "Wonder Woman!" Sandy says: "Speaking of, time to hog tie this sucker, with some rope tricks I learned in Salinas, California!" And she throws a rope around Karen, and it starts ZAPPING her of my electricity! Karen says: "NO!!!! My bond is WEAKENING! I can't keep a hold of these electronic machines MUCH...!!!!" (CRASH!!!!) And Karen and Plankton are comically hanging in mid-air, as Karen weakly finishes: "Longer". Plankton says: "Yep! Gravity works!" And they fall down dozens of feet, and Plankton says: "CURSE YOU SANDY CHEEKS! (CRASH!) OUCH!" Bubble Bass says: "Well, that was fun. But what did this REALLY have to do with Christmas anyways?" Patrick asks: "Does it really matter? You had fun, didn't you?" Bubble Bass says: "Well, yes, I did!" Cuddle E. Hugs walks back on-screen and says: "There you have it. A madman, driven to want something that he couldn't have, tried to take it by force, only to be stopped by something beyond his control. Such is the mysteriousness of life. Sandy and her friends, have just completed their journey, through the Tidal Zone." Rube walks on-screen and says: "Amazing!" /

The End! / Hope you enjoyed that story! Enough said, true believers!

• Like 1