• Advertisement

Who's your favorite baseball team?

President Squidward

For years I've shown some sort of admiration for baseball, but admittedly didn't catch it on tv most of the time. But thanks to the many sports friends I've known on these forums, the past year or show I've been starting to get interested in what's going on in the sports realm, with COVID being the first time I started to watch what was going on in the shortened MLB Season this year, I checked out what's going on with my favorite team, the Padres (as a San Diego native I'm really looking forward to the potential our current team has) and I checked every playoffs/world series game, which for the first time, I experienced the stressful but awesome emotions and moments baseball brings in every game.

Anyway, is your favorite team also one that's local to where you live, or do you support a team you like that plays better/or like seeing what a lot of teams are doing? I think I'm a mix of rooting for the Padres and seeing what the analytics are for every other team. 

also I unironically like the mets since while they have hilarious plays they get meme'd at, I do want them to succeed and make another playoffs title one day since the Wilpons aren't owners of the Mets, so there's a possibility of a rebuild for the team that could improve their play once again.

and of course the memes which i'll miss but they may not be gone

The Mets aren't rebuilding. Its more like their rebuild has completed and their young core is ready to fight to actually make the playoffs. Especially with hopefully big free agency moves coming up to bolster the team's talents. Anyway the Mets are my favorite team.