• Advertisement

Best Decade For Music Poll

4EverGreen

What Was The Best Decade For Music?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What Was The Best Decade For Music?

• Before The 1950's
    • 1950's
    • 1960's
    • 1970's
    • 1980's
    • 1990's
    • 2000's
    • 2010's

This topic (and poll) is to decide which decade most people feel was/is the best decade for music. If there are any particular musical acts you want to talk about, feel free to do so, as long as your comments are appropriate and constructive. Enough said, true believers!

I feel like, while I have a preference of loving a lot more songs in various forms (whether it be with the 80s and new wave being popular, or the 90's with hip hop and alternative rock hitting the mainstream with loads of talented artists, as well as techno and electronica becoming a thing), and the fact that the 2000s-present has so much good stuff to look for, I believe any decade of music has some good stuff hidden in it. All you have to do is just start searching and look for stuff you're interested in that might be from a time you feel iffy about with other forms of music (like for me, checking out some jazz and classical music in the 60's/70's where i'm not too big on a lot of the big rock artists blowing up at the time).

• Like 1

I voted for the 80s in the poll, but I’m not completely confident about this choice since there’s still some more music from certain decades that I could open myself up to. I find a good amount of music iconic during that era, hence why I chose the 80s. I could explain a bit of my experiences with other decades in music to justify my choice, but I’m without a working computer rn so I’m laying low.

I actually made a weekly poll for this subject two years back.

I do believe a lot of these decades can be good, which is why I made my poll multiple choice, but if I had to choose just one, it would definitely be the '80s. That whole decade despite some of its missteps is still one of the most innovative. Most of it just makes me happy mopping during night shifts at work. Hell, even the more boring stuff that wouldn't reach a best list of mine still relaxes me. Ties along with the '70s when it comes to quality and the '90s when it comes to 2010 nostalgia.