• Advertisement

Mystery with a Twistery

Jinjo

A roleplaying game for Noirgust, for detectives who want to get their hands dirty. While everyone else is interviewing the suspects, in this game, a select group of detectives will investigate the rest of Goofy Goober's for sabotage and any other clues leading to the culprit. There will be a nightly challenge, and whichever detective is first to win will receive a clue. However, if a detective does not show or is last to answer for the night, they will be eliminated from the race. The last detective standing will receive 1,000 doubloons, a big clue and a fancy badge.

The first round will be Monday, August 17th at 7pm EST. You have until then to sign up. You do not need to sign up as a character, but you can give yourself a fancy detective name.

Detectives:

Dman

Mythix

Fred - Inspector Spacetime

SOF

Here we go.

Round 1:

After searching Goofy Goober's, the detectives find a decoded clue hidden under a table. You will need to decipher these seven scrambled words:

1.) RSTYEMY

2.) UELC

3.) UNIQESTO

4.) EIC ARCEM

5.) GBEORO

6.) EVTDETEIC

7.) OTIVNAGTEINSI

DM me your answers. Whoever is first to get them right gets the clue, nobody will be eliminated tonight.

Round 2:

After searching Goofy Goober's further, the detectives find a paper with a hidden clue, but to access it, must answer several questions. You can use internet:

1.) Who wrote Squid Noir? 

2.) Who wrote Patty Caper?

3.) What date did The Great Patty Caper air?

4.) What date did Missing Identity air?

5.) Who was the culprit in Patty Caper?

6.) Who wrote The Great Patty Caper?

7.) Who directed Missing Identity?

8.) Who was the culprit in Squid Noir? 

DM me your answers. Whoever is last or does not show is eliminated.

Results:

1st: Dman

2nd: SOF

Dman gets the clue again. I flipped a coin between Fred and Mythix, and it looks like Mythix is the one eliminated. Three detectives remain. Round 3 will be tomorrow night at 7pm EST.

Round 3:

For tonight's challenge, there are five goober ice creams you need to find, hidden in the Noirgust forum threads. Each one has a piece of paper hidden in it, and when all five are found, they will form a clue. DM me the locations.

Round 4 (Finale):

Answer these eight riddles to receive the ultimate clue:

1.) What gets wet while drying?

2.) What goes up but never comes down?

3.) What is always in front of you but can’t be seen?

4.) What runs all around a backyard, yet never moves?

5.) What question can you never answer yes to?

6.) What has hands, but can’t clap?

7.) What can you hold in your left hand but not in your right?

8.) It belongs to you, but other people use it more than you do. What is it?

DM me your answers.

Results:

1st: Dman

2nd: SOF

Congrats to Dman, who is the champion detective of this game! Thanks to the people who did play, and good luck solving the Whodunnit mystery! Reminder there will still be other games to play in for clues.