• Advertisement

"The Patrick Star Show" Announced

Jinjo

The next spin-off series has been announced:

https://deadline.com/2020/08/spongebob-squarepants-spinoff-series-the-patrick-star-show-set-nickelodeon-bill-fagerbakke-1203006633/

EXCLUSIVE: SpongeBob‘s partner in crime is getting his own show. I have learned that Nickelodeon is finalizing deals for The Patrick Star Show, a SpongeBob SquarePants animated spinoff centered on SpongeBob’s best friend Patrick Star, voiced by Bill Fagerbakke. 

I hear voiceover recordings already have started for the project, which is expected to receive a 13-episode order and comes from the creative team behind the mothership series.

According to sources, The Patrick Star Show is in the vein of The Larry Sanders Show and Comedy Bang Bang!, with Patrick (Fagerbakke) hosting his own late-night talk show. I hear the series would revolve around Patrick and his family. Fagerbakke is being joined by a largely new cast voicing new characters, with SpongeBob cast members expected to make occasional appearances, reprising their roles.

• Happy 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 3

Concept seems fine. It shouldn’t be a terrible show if it has a good writing crew behind it. If it’s just 13 episodes and being helmed by the main crew it will probably be the equivalent of half a season and shorten one of the main seasons like kamp koral is doing.

You know, I can't help but get the feeling that this feels like Nickelodeon's answer to Cartoon Network, and their animated 'Talk' Show, of, "Space Ghost Coast to Coast". I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Enough said, true believers!

The show will premiere this summer. Official press release:

https://deadline.com/2021/03/spongebob-squarepants-spinoff-the-patrick-star-show-gets-series-ordered-nickelodeon-1234706441/

Synopsis: "The Patrick Star Show follows a younger Patrick Star living at home with his family, where he hosts his own show for the neighborhood from his television-turned-bedroom. His little sister, Squidina, works behind the scenes to make sure Patrick’s show is always running smoothly, while his parents, Bunny and Cecil and his grandpa, GrandPat, each support Patrick in their own hilariously absurd ways. The Star family’s unpredictable adventures often inform, integrate, and sometimes even interfere with Patrick’s TV show, but one thing is for sure: his bizarre life always makes for great television!"

Patrick-star-show-featured.jpg?w=681&h=3

20210304_084813.jpg

Before this becomes a conversation where most folks are crying out "PATRICK'S PARENTS ARE HERB AND MARGIE AND HIS SISTER IS SAM AAAAAA," I'd like to debate on how Patrick has an octopus for a little sister and I'd like know if either one of Patrick's parents had a love affair with and got shagged by an octopus to make that possible. The article didn't specifically say that Squidina was adopted after all.

2 hours ago, jjsthekid said:

Vincent's explanation on why Patrick's parents are replaced:

Screen_Shot_2021-03-04_at_9.33.01_PM.png

Well, that does not stifle my dislike for this spin-off. The reason Herb and Margie were boring characters was because they only appeared in that one episode and had one line each. The only thing we really knew about them was that they think their son is stupid despite they themselves being just as stupid. The Patrick Spin-off could've been a great opportunity to flesh out their characters and give them more of a personality like SpongeBob's parents. The fact that they would go and create entirely new characters to be Patrick's parents and act like Herb and Margie never existed is just lazy writing and a wasted opportunity. Not to mention another example of why this spin-off will not work.

You know what's sad? Herb and Margie actually HAVE gotten SOME characterization (sure, it's in the Nintendo DS game, "Drawn Into Life: Spongebob Squarepants Edition"), but that was WAY more entertaining (and made more sense) than "Doodle Dimension"), in MY honest opinion! But you know what? This wouldn't be the FIRST time a franchise has had NO continuity whatsoever. Just look at "Drawn Together"; it HARDLY had any continuity within its OWN episodes! Maybe I'll watch "The Patrick Star Show", just to see if it's an example of "So Bad, It's Good"! Enough said, true believers!