• Advertisement

Arcade Anarchy (and SWYAD Sign-Ups)

Jjs Goodman

Arcade_Anarchy_Logo_.png?width=1122&heig

(Credit to @Aquatic Konquest for the logo)

That's right: no Spin-Off Festival this year. We apologize to those who were looking forward to it (if any), but the staff had another idea in mind for this year and wanted to take a break from the festival as an experiment. This year, we are finally doing a video game themed event for SBC, which will also tie into the release of Battle for Bikini Bottom: Rehydrated next month! We will have BFBB themed skins for it. This would've also tied nicely into E3 but well, we know what happened there, though this may fill the hole it left behind. From May 22nd to June 14th, get ready to dominate the arcade, destroy some mischievous robots, and fight back against the oppression of gamers!

Even though we aren't doing the festival itself, some components from it will stay. Instead of SOF Tickets, you will now be able to earn Goober Tokens at this event, which you can use to buy exclusive prizes at the Prize Store! All of the following activities and events below will award you these magical Goober Tokens...

• SpongeBob Pictionary: Four video game themed games will occur on Saturdays during the event!
  • SpongeBob Wheel of Fortune: Four video game themed games will occur on Fridays during the event!
  • Dunces & Dragons: The final four Dunces & Dragons games will occur on Sundays during the event, leading up to its grand finale on June 14th!
  • Video Game Trivia: Play in a 6-part trivia contest using our quizzes! See how much gamer knowledge you have hidden within!
  • Flash Game Tournaments: There will be several arcade tournaments using JCM's flash archive during the event!
  • Cards Against Humanity: Rise against the man in CAH games every Monday during the event!
  • SBC Music Parties: Every Friday during the event, jam out to your favorite video game soundtracks on cytube!
  • Arcade Minigames: We will be rebranding several festival games into arcade themed minigames for you to earn Goober Tokens in!
  • Whodunnit?: Whodunnit returns for its 14th edition! Use your detective and gaming skills to crack this case!
  • Stop What You Are Doing: Video Game Edition: For the first time in 9 years, here's another video game themed SWYAD! Roleplay as whatever video game character you want throughout the event; you may reserve your name here or on Discord. Anyone who participates in the SWYAD will automatically get 20 Goober Tokens upon the event's start.

The staff have been looking forward to doing this event for a while, and hope you will enjoy it! The world may be in a depressing state right now, but this event may help you get through that funk, even for a bit.

GAMERS RISE UP! 187A5349-D929-405C-BC47-2993D1347CFF_9.p

(Credit to @sbl for coining the event's name)

SWYAD Reservations:

Sbl —> Steve

Jjs —> Munich Jasuda

OWM —> Ohigeru Shmori

Salmon —> Hungry Shark

OBAB —> Silver the Hedgehog

Carrot —> Pac-Man

SOF —> Isabelle

Dman —> EB Games Employee

Mythix —> Feraligatr the Giratina

Kid —> That Excited Starfishman

4Ever —> Fox McCloud

Negi —> Tifa Lockhart

Patty —> Amy Rose

Steel —> Steel Spyro

OMJ —> Crash Bandicoot

Sauce —> Kirby

Hayden —> Slowpoke

Renegade --> Wolf O'Donnell

• Like 1
  • Happy 2
  • God Himself 1

An SBC event...and a gaming one? Whoa mama! Hummina hummina hummina bazooooooooing! eyes pop out AROOOOOOOOGA! jaw drops tongue rolls out WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF tongue bursts out of the outh uncontrollably leaking face and everything in reach WURBLWUBRLBWURblrwurblwurlbrwubrlwburlwbruwrlblwublr tiny cupid shoots an arrow through heart Ahhhhhhhhhhh me lady... heart in the shape of a heart starts beating so hard you can see it through shirt ba-bum ba-bum ba-bum ba-bum ba-bum milk truck crashes into a bakery store in the background spiling white liquid and dough on the streets BABY WANTS TO FUCK inhales from the gas tank honka honka honka honka masturabtes furiously ohhhh my gooooodd~

tenor.gif?itemid=13867694

• God Himself 1

I was strongly considering reliving my 2011 hype and, ultimately, disappointment for Duke Nukem Forever. But I'll go with King Crash Bandicoot, to hype myself for the next big, definitely mainline Crash Bandicoot release developed by King Games, coming soon to mobile phones! Now available in Malaysia.