• 5/5 Tricks
    • 4/5 Tricks
    • 3/5 Tricks
    • 2/5 Tricks
    • 1/5 Tricks

RZ6PCsy.png

Premieres:  

Saturday, April 11th @ 11:15am ET/PT 

Plot: SpongeBob learns a new trick but can't find an audience to show it to.

Note: This episode is 6 minutes long.

Clip: 

• Wow 2

The trick sequence must be one of the best visual sequences in this era of the show. Also, although I wasn't too keen on its companion, I loved the joke with Sandy observing while a scene from that episode is going on in the background. That's just brilliant. Also, was I the only one who thought Squidward swallowing his eyes was funny?

This short episode was fun to watch. There isn't too much to say about this one other than the climax being so wild with beautiful animation in it and my only complaint being is that this ep was loud at times. For a short ep, it managed to be creative and fun.

Grade: B

The magic trick sequence within this episode, definitely seems to take some visual cues from "Fantasia" and the 1951 Disney animated version of "Alice In Wonderland". Although, it kind of bugged me how nobody wanted to SEE Spongebob do his trick, especially since he worked SO hard on it, (although it was funny to see Sandy's disembodied head in the same environment as "Swamp Mates", confirming that it DID indeed happen), but it was certainly a visual treat to see Spongebob's trick played out before us. I feel that this might actually be the first time that both the long segment and the short segment of this episode, were both consistently good on the same level with each other, and I give this episode segment an 88/100. Enough said, true believers!

It was a good visual trip in the end, the rest was pretty par for the course as far as one of these more shorter eps goes. I liked the connection it went out of its way to make with Swamp Mates, as well. It was pretty clever and I can buy it as some wacky explanation for the events that took place in that episode. It gets an overall C from me.