• 5/5 Swamps
    • 4/5 Swamps
    • 3/5 Swamps
    • 2/5 Swamps
    • 1/5 Swamps

yPdQQZe.png 

Premieres:  

Saturday, April 11th @ 11:00am ET/PT 

Plot: Bubble Bass finds himself stranded with Patrick in a mysterious swamp, looking for a lost action figure.

Guest Star: Martin Olson

Note: This episode is 16 minutes long.

Clip: 

• Thanks 1

I was plesantly surprised by how I enjoyed watching this ep. For a Patrick ep, it was a pretty entertaining ep. Patrick didnt annoy me much and he had a good dynamic with Bubble Bass. The adventure kept being fun and pacing was really solid. My only complaint about this ep is that some of gags didnt work for me. Overall, this was a solid Patrick ep.

Grade: B

Kind of a weird one; it was okay I suppose and I actually laughed quite a few times at some of the jokes. Only thing I guess I found quite irritating is that the episode has a lot of Bubble Bass noises, primarily screaming. After a while it's somewhat annoying.

It's kind of strange and interesting, how it's only really a whole 21 YEARS after Bubble Bass was first introduced as a character in "Spongebob Squarepants", that it's only NOW that we have finally gotten a REAL episode segment that revolves around him! (And no, "Moving Bubble Bass" doesn't count, as he's only a secondary character within that episode segment at best!) Anyways, it's really interesting to see that despite some of the more negative actions he's pulled on Spongebob and Patrick, he actually views himself as being one of the good guys in the scenarios that he comes up with in his mind, we even get to see the YOUNG Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy again, and The Chief, of ALL people, makes a return! I know Bubble Bass' mom probably MEANT well, but she REALLY should've consulted with Bubble Bass first about what KIND of friend would've worked out well for him! Anyways, one mistake later, and Bubble Bass and Patrick wind up in a swamp, populated by three alligators, who like to hoard illegal hot sauce! It was certainly interesting seeing Bubble Bass finding ways to improvise himself out of trouble, and even running across an unexpected Tiki Villain, all in trying to recover his lost/stolen Wonder Whale action figure! It was certainly nice to see Bubble Bass and Patrick manage to get along (after some difficulty) in this episode! And the following episode segment after this one, even SHOWS that the whole thing WASN'T a hallucination like Patrick said and Bubble Bass was led to believe, but they SOMEHOW wound up IN another dimension, and actually DID all those things they did! Although the Spongebob introduction was rather unnecessary, I guess SOMEONE said that they HAD to find a way to get Spongebob into the episode segment SOMEHOW, and that's the best they could come up with. Overall, I'd give this episode an 88/100. Enough said, true believers!

• Funny 1

The pairing of Patrick and Bubble Bass felt fresh, a nice lil departure from what we've been used to for so very long. Nice to see them making more use of Bubble Bass in general, always thought he should've had a recurring role following his initial appearance. He's a pretty good "straight man" character (especially one that isn't Squidward) for Patrick to play off of well enough. The swamp setting was cool, been replaying Red Dead 2 a bit recently so I'm sure that contributes to why I like it lol. I can feel a bit more justified using alligators in any potential spinoffs now too haha. And I'm always down to see more expansion on the comic book side of things like the new villain and whatnot. It was a pleasant surprise to see the old Chief back from MM & BB V. When I first heard about this episode, I thought it was gonna be ehh, but I ended up liking it more than I thought I would. Wouldn't mind seeing them experiment like this more. If I have to give a letter grade, I guess anywhere between B- and a B.