• 5/5 Hotels
    • 4/5 Hotels
    • 3/5 Hotels
    • 2/5 Hotels
    • 1/5 Hotels

r9mYTI5.png

Premieres: 

Saturday, March 7th @ 11:00am ET/PT

Plot: Squidward packs his suitcases as his house becomes infested, but a different kind of pest awaits him at the hotel.

Clip:

This episode has already been leaked online.

Well, we finally found out the answer to the question, "How long does it take for the 1980 movie The Shining to get referenced on the TV Show Spongebob Squarepants"? Going by the show's standpoint, the answer is 21 years. Going by the movie's standpoint, the answer is 40 years.

• Thanks 1

This was a really dull episode that had nothing special going on. It was yet another "SpongeBob and Patrick ruin Squidward's day" with uninspired slapstick comedy throughout. I really can't say anything positive about this episode, other than that I found "fanatics" joke funny, I enjoyed Squidward zapping everyone and the ending was amusing I suppose. Those are enough to make this episode not as bad but those aren't enough to make it somewhat decent. I've seen these types of episodes before, so this feels rather lazy. This wasnt anything terrible, I have seen much worse episodes but it was a complete waste.

Grade: C- 

I'm not gonna go all defensive on Jolly Lodgers - I lost that energy for SB back with SB You're Fired when I was 14 - but I definitely do think Jolly Lodgers is one of the best post-sequel episodes I've seen thus far, if not my actual personal post-sequel favorite of all time, so much so I'm willing to put very high on my best list whenever we get to doing those. I just found it an interesting watch, and I loved every minute of it. I don't have much of a thing against episodes where SpongeBob and Patrick annoy Squidward throughout - seriously, a lot of episodes have used and will continue to use this basic episode plot outline, I will never understand complaints against it but ok - but the fact that this episode ends with Squidward getting back at them both in a very outlandish fashion and coming out on top by the end of the episode (in his own world at least, since he's finally free of them) makes it even better.

I guess I'm also a sucker for the hotel setting, so there's that too. The Shining reference was also pretty cool, too.

I can definitely see myself watching this episode again and again, which is something I can't really say about...well...any typical episode of the show (as in, non-special episodes).

• Confused 1

The hotel name, REALLY should have given it away to Squidward, that he was "Going to have a bad time". ("Undertale" reference!) :hysterical: Still, it kind of IS Squidward's fault, he REALLY should've checked the hotel schedule to see what KIND of events were going to be happening there! (Of course, if he HAD, we wouldn't have HAD the plot that we ended up getting!) :rolleyes: The animators seem to be going for a LOT more Tex Avery type cartoon gags in "Spongebob Squarepants", especially when animating Squidward. Although at the very least, they were more well done in this episode segment than they have been in past episode segments! :cool: We ACTUALLY got to see cameos of Kevin the Sea Cucumber, Dr. Man-O-War, and Jeffrey Jellyfish, who haven't been seen since WAY back in "I'm Your Biggest Fanatic"! o.o I'm glad that Squidward FINALLY got to get some REVENGE against the jellyfishers who were annoying them by zapping them, calling the exterminators to get RID of them, and even staying BEHIND in the hotel with a gas mask, so that the jellyfishers CAN'T and WON'T go in, and HE won't be coming out anytime soon! Also, this episode gets MAJOR bonus points for "The Shining" reference! All in all, I'd give this episode an 8.8 out of 10! :D Enough said, true believers! ;)

• Wow 1