• 2/5 Grandmas
    • 1/5 Grandmas

UxNALvI.png

Premieres: 

Saturday, February 8th @ 11:00am ET/PT

Encores:

Saturday, February 8th @ 2:00pm ET/PT

Saturday, February 8th @ 5:30pm ET/PT

Plot: SpongeBob and Patrick are victims of a hoax and end up babysitting a grumpy old woman who tries to escape by all means.

Clip:

This was okay. I wasn't too surprised that this was sort of a contiunation of characters from Chocolate With Nuts since Kaz has written this episode. The grandma in this episode wasn't as funny as in CWN but I did enjoy her antics when she was away from SpongeBob and Patrick. The humor here didn't make me laugh much but I liked Patrick's "back in time" joke. Characters were likeable enough and pacing was decent but the story wasn't really interesting to me, so it kind of loses points for that. Still this wasn't anything terrible or mediocre, it was just an alright episode.

Grade: B- 

• Like 3

This episode begins with filler before getting into SpongeBob and Patrick actually babysitting the old lady from CWN (a throwback that I don't care for but at the same time am indifferent to as a whole and was genuinely surprised by nonetheless). The filler itself isn't too much of a problem, but a part of me wonders if they couldn't span this character trying to escape SpongeBob and Patrick for a total of 11 minutes (even though they have seasons of material for Squidward doing the exact thing). I guess it's meant to set the two up as babysitters but I do feel like it would've genuinely been funnier if the first job they had was this elderly woman as opposed to having a successful run with actual babies. But maybe that's just me.

The rest of the plot once it all comes into fruition is okay, I suppose. It's definitely a fun watch, although I feel like a lot of the appeal in this episode will definitely be in the fact that it features a returning minor character from a beloved episode of yesteryear. She is pretty amusing to watch and her attempts at escaping are quite funny. Dunno about SpongeBob and Patrick in this episode though. They're on par for the course; there's nothing special happening between either one of them but they're tolerable and everything they do works.

• Like 2

Despite the entire episode feeling just "Average", all things considered, I do think this episode works FAR better than it had any RIGHT to, given that a good portion of it focuses on the old lady from "Chocolate With Nuts", who we now find out is 137, and even given the nickname of Old Lady Prunes. Spongebob and Patrick were pretty in character, and the Old Lady's antics were pretty amusing. I guess I would give it a 7/10, just because I think Kaz can do, HAS done, and SHOULD do much better work than just a 7/10 episode! Enough said!

• Thanks 1