• Advertisement

The Masked Singer

Steel Sponge

This is a relatively new reality show that's airing on FOX. It just entered its third season and has racked up some big viewership numbers with its premiere due to the Super Bowl. Speaking as someone who doesn't have any care towards reality shows, this one's gotten me curious for the whole gimmick behind it alone. In a nutshell, The Masked Singer is a singing competition for celebrities, but the celebrities themselves are obscured by a costume (or a faux fursuit). Given the nature of the series, the disguised celebrities leave us, the audience, and the judges to guess who they are until the contestants who either gets eliminated or wins first place will have to take off their masks to reveal themselves.

Like I said, I'd only watch the show for the gimmick alone (and as well as to see Nick Cannon scream "i KnEw It!!!!!1" 90% of the time) so I might lose interest in it pretty quickly. There were some reveals that I've recognized or am keen on (including and not limited to T-Pain, Donny Osmond, Chris Daughtry, Wayne Brady, Raven-Symone, Ninja, and of course the first reveal of S3, Lil Wayne), but if you expect most of these disguised celebrities to be A-listers, then this might not be the show for you.

On 2/5/2020 at 1:27 PM, Steel Sponge said:

Ninja,

For a sec, I thought you were talking about this Ninja.

Anyways, I've seen this show, and I love it. Gimmick aside, it really puts some former A-listers (and B and C-listers) back into the spotlight and let's us see that they have some serious talent.