• Advertisement

12 Hour Writing Session (12/21/19)

Steel Sponge

Because the last event was a success, I'm opening myself up to do another one of these this month, just in time to celebrate the Winter Solstice. This time, the length is cut in half and I plan for it to last from 7AM to 7PM. Spin-Offs are still the main focus for this.

• Like 2

Alright, let's go over the results now. 5,758 words within 12 hours, and about one-thirds of this period was spent stalling time either by distracting myself or, during the first hour, unintentionally sleeping past 7:30. Of course, I still tend to write slow, but that's the least important thing about this session as I've been trying to make it my goal to at least completely at least nearly half of the second episode for a spin-off for the session when I've only completed one episode by the 11 hour mark and wrote a few hundred words for the other. At the very least, I didn't commit to sacrilege and stop writing after I got one episode done, but I would've liked to write more than the 600+ that I've done for the one other episode, so I'm kinda bitter about that.

So, the next time I do another one of these 12 hour writing sessions, I do hope that I would be able to take it a little more seriously.