• Advertisement

Prez FINALLY stops procrastination after over a year or so and reviews Eminem for a past king

President Squidward

I’m so fucking sorry @Steel Sponge. This review is just for you. I’m an awful reviewer of anything I like or dislike, so imma try to wing it.

i was requested to review anything by Eminem, since I was really into his music last year in the fall when reviewing his discography with a friend (still into Em but just not listening to his stuff as much right now). Today on the table, I praise the album that was the start of a downhill slope for the mumble rapper destroyer...

MUTHAFUCKING ENCORE

920x920.jpg

My SECOND favorite Eminem album after the even more beautiful and catchier Relapse. Yes, I like two Eminem albums where he’s some of the most immature and dumbest yet better than his prime era which also has amazing bars and tons of great tunes, but also albums like Marshall Mathers LP have some cuts with very 5-6/10 beats making the album a bit more of a drag even though Eminem does save it a bit with his always fun flows and shit.

What works with me for Encore IS the fact Eminem really goes off the deep end and becomes a very inappropriate, stupid and edgy comedic rapper, losing a bit of his credibility from his previously acclaimed albums, and it’s so unexpected to hear. But I love it. It’s catchy. It has lots of hilarious and sometimes clever where I can’t tell if it’s intentional or not. It’s strange, since I can definitely see the criticism, but it’s just too damn entertaining. It’s how I feel with Logic’s Confessions of a Dangerous Mind. It’s cheesy, but man do I enjoy listening to it with its incredible production too.

Like, WHAT went wrong with Eminem here? Was it him being on drugs very badly to the point he legit almost died in 2007 before his life being saved in the hospital (and apparently he had some unauthorized tracks where he was gonna probably quit rap or some shit, it’s so weird discovering all this stuff about Eminem I never knew about.)? I would use that as one of the factors, but after Eminem’s hospitalization and his comeback to being sober SINCE 2008, it’s really hard to tell. Relapse was pretty much ALL fucking sober besides Beautiful, which was recorded IN 2007. and all of his records since have still been wack with a lot of people. Maybe the guy probably just lost steam after all? But even then so, I still will probably enjoy a lot of it since I liked Kamikaze lmaooo.

anyway enough backtracking let’s keep moving on

Encore album DOES start off to be a bit interesting of where he’s going since it sounds like, with some tracks sounding like his Eminem Show-era, but also amazing tracks like Evil Deeds kind of also show the horrors fans are about to hear. I fucking love the whole damn “predominately” verse. Comedy GOLD.

Never Enough is boring. Not much to say about it since it just exists.

Yellow Brick Road is a neat little story track and an apology track to his infamous, and also depressingly bad controversial track he made, Ol’ Foolish Pride. (We all know the story to that cringe).

I also think Like Toy Soldiers is a pretty track and continues Eminem probably going to some cool direction with the album with the fans who don’t love where it goes after like I do.

I will NEVER understand the appeal of Mosh. Like you got Eminem bitching about trap rappers mumbling and shit nowadays, but like HOLY  F U C K  Eminem sounds like such a drunk in this track. His flow is so slow and awful it really kills the message this song is going for. I prefer his Trump BET cypher way more, and probably that one 2016 presidential track I forget the name of more over this. I don’t believe the hype - Tyler Joseph 2018 

but now...

we finally get to the MIDDLE PART OF THE ALBUM. THE GREATEST FUCKING PART EVER. The part of the album where Eminem claims he rushed on these since they got leaked or some shit. All of the songs become so ridiculously hilarious, and unfortunately have amazing production to go with it that it works for me.

Puke is a song where Eminem tells us how Kim sucks. He also sings and has awful rhyming and ad libs like “woah” and “yeah” since he had nothing better to write, and it is so beautiful. He also pukes in the beginning and the end. Just lovely.

But then it gets better, My First Single is probably one of my absolute favorite Eminem songs ever. It’s legit Eminem talking about nothing and gets so fucking edgy and it’s also a bit of a self-aware track making fun of the fact that it can’t be a single since the radio would no way play the shit he’s saying right now. The fucking chorus is so immature with the burp and fart noises, but it’s so funny too man. I’m repeating myself but it’s just too damn quoteable. I unironically bumped this a lot. I enjoy the music box like beat with it. But you can’t miss it, too much amazing lines to make fun of Eminem for. 

Paul comes in to tell Em to not make fun of Michael Jackson with his pedo allegations. Which we’ll get to the single that BECAME A HIT, but first

Definitely, Kmart

- Eminem 2004 because rain man reference

Rain Man is another song where Eminem rambles about nothing, where he makes jokes about Christopher Reeve and also has a gay question to Dre. All quoteable, and a very catchy tune.

Big Weenie is the perfect song to use to diss someone you fucking hate who's being a meenie to you. Not as godly as the few tracks, but still a great, funny tune.

Now we get to the usual skit where Em responds to Paul, but with an Encore twist. It’s pretty funny with how everything he says is a reference to Michael Jackson’s songs while using this voice effect thing, but also gross because he did it while actually shitting. A literal bruh moment. 

AND NOW

WE GET TO AN EPIC MEME SONG

This song is a huge clusterfuck but also pretty funny and is catchy to me. Fuckin madlad for making that noise he makes being a Peewee Herman laugh. So fucking funny. Next song is way better though.

ASS LIKE THAT. A DISS TRACK TO A LITERAL PUPPET. THE FUCKING VIDEO IS SUCH A BEAUTY TO WATCH. THE FACT HE SAYS REALLY DISTURBING SHIT AND GETTING AWAY WITH IT BECAUSE HES TRIUMPH IS JUST SO AWFULLY FUNNY. 10/10 track omfg 

Sadly, a lot of the fun you hear in that amazing middle part of the album vanishes right away, as every song after this album is just, meh.

Mockingbird is a pretty track though, makes me tear up a bit too. Sad, I know.

so yeah

encore is an 8/10 album for me. Relapse improves it by being more memeable and filled with hilarious accents left and right. Eminem is still memeable to this day, but by the fact how serious he acts now. I will forever miss his accents though.

• Like 1