• Advertisement

SCOOB!

Clappy

Jinkies!  They let Scooby talk in this trailer ten times more than Fred, Daphne, and Velma combined.

As such a huge Scooby-Doo fan, I’m more than willing to give this a shot.  After all, it already looks so much better than all the live action adaptations already. 

• Happy 2

The fact that Mathew Lillard went through those dreaded live-action movies, was handpicked to take over the voice of Shaggy after Casey Kasem's retirement, and had been delivering a faithful and enjoyable performance as Shaggy for nearly a decade now, and he was still replaced by a cheap celebrity is disgraceful. Lillard was good enough to perform Shaggy in cinemas before, why not now? I enjoy the designs and animation, yet the writing is a little iffy, while the voice acting is lame. I mean, removing Scooby's impediment is kind of necessary if he's going to be speaking a lot over the length of a movie, yet there's no reason for these celebrity VA's. Just have the celebrities voice side characters, the disrespect towards Welker, the sole remaining original voice actor, for over fifty years now, shoving him aside the role of Fred by Zac Efron, it's just a shame. I don't think the VA's are terrible, but clearly there's a quality drop in their voices. 

• Like 3

Just want to remind people (if anybody besides ME is interested), that due to the situation going on right now, the movie is now available to watch through streaming on demand, and probably DVD/Blu-Ray. I'll probably check it out when I get a chance to. Enough said, true believers! ;)