• Advertisement

How are you feeling? (Emotionally)

Karen

Bummed that my sister and her kids' are heading back to the mainland after a two week vacation down here (that went by way too damn fast). It's why I haven't been around as much here lately. The house is gonna be a lot quieter and emptier. Haven't cruised around with any of my friends lately, so it was nice to have their company around, especially with so much shit happening in my personal life right now. I don't really wanna go into it here, but it's been a perfect storm of shit for the last month or two. Like, one fucked up thing after another, ranging from small to huge ass problems, happening in succession with no goddamn breathing room it feels like. Having my oldest sister around helped to alleviate some of the stress, but with her gone again and things seeming the same as it was before she got here, it's just ugh. Never thought I'd see myself in this situation back when I first entered the adulthood, hell, even before then. I probably should've cuz that's how life goes and things happen, but I guess that's what I get when I don't take some things into account and think about the longterm. And the things that usually keep me busy and help take my mind off stuff aren't really working for me anymore. It's just a shitty feeling all around.

Feeling incredibly frustrated and angry. My younger brother keeps finding new ways to be a jerk. Today he totally invaded my privacy by stealing and unlocking my phone and didn’t think he had anything to be sorry for.

Feeling pretty nervous.  Have to go to a counseling session for our wedding and then having to go to the bridal shower with my fiancé.  The big day is coming right around the corner.

A tragedy happened around my neck of the woods a couple of weeks ago that saw two police officers die in the line of duty. The sheer unity that's been displayed between both local law enforcement and civilians in the community since then really warms my heart. A lot of good cops out there have been harped down by bad rap after bad rap throughout the years, it's nice to see all sorts of people come together to celebrate the lives and honor the sacrifice of a couple of good ones.

• Sad 2