• Advertisement

24 Hour Writing Session (11/09)

Steel Sponge

Word count for the 18th hour:

Red Flag Savior: Rebirth of a Storm: 8,573 words (Episode 5 is currently 72.7% complete at this very point)
Sub-Tropical Academy: 395 words (Episode 8 is currently 14.2% complete at this very point)

Total word count: 8,968 words

Yep, starting at this point, I decided to switch projects. I felt like I've finished writing all that I needed to write out for RoaS for a moment, so I'm starting writing for STA now.

Word count for the 19th hour:

Red Flag Savior: Rebirth of a Storm: 8,573 words (Episode 5 is currently 72.7% complete at this very point)
Sub-Tropical Academy: 730 words (Episode 8 is currently 28.5% complete at this very point)

Total word count: 9,303 words

This was another breather hour for me, just to point that out. okay, five more hours to go, let's do this.

Word count for the 20th hour:

Sub-Tropical Academy: 1,255 words (Episode 8 is currently 28.5% complete at this very point)

Total word count: 9,828 words

Word count for the 21st hour:

Sub-Tropical Academy: 1,834 words (Episode 8 is currently 42.8% complete at this very point)

Total word count: 10,407 words

Woo, finally made that 10k mark. Let's see how much more further I can get it up to while I have a few hours left of this.

Word count for the 22nd hour:

Sub-Tropical Academy: 2,338 words (Episode 8 is currently 42.8% complete at this very point)

Total word count: 10,911 words

One more hour, fellas

Word count for the 23rd hour:

Sub-Tropical Academy: 2,978 words (Episode 8 is currently 57.1% complete at this very point)

Total word count: 11,551 words

Word count for the 24th hour:

Sub-Tropical Academy: 3,390 words (Episode 8 is currently 57.1% complete at this very point)

Total word count: 11,913 words

I will post my thoughts and experience with this project after I wake up 'cause rn i need sleep

So, that was it. Two spin-offs and 11,913 words, nearly a total of 12,000 words that I've typed; a thousandth of nearly half of all those hours I've spent on this session. From my own findings, even without many distractions, I've appeared to be a slow writer. For most of these hours, I've averaged around 400-600 words per hour. I've been meaning to see if I could write at a faster rate while my time was mostly on focused this, but my hunch wasn't right.

In the end of it all, though, was it worth it? I'd say yes. My main goal of this challenge was to see if I can actually commit to this, and I was satisfied enough to see that I did. Spending 24 hours of my time on this at least helped speed up the progress of my work. I was pleasantly surprised to see how much progress I've made for one particular episode in one day. Nearly 3/4 of completion for an episode of a hefty project like Rebirth of a Storm? That's more than just progress. I wasn't able to finish an episode during the whole session per se, but as I said before, I am at most satisfied to see how much I've got done.

24 hours of consecutive writing, that's something I'll probably never do again, but after this one time I've done this, I feel like I'm better off giving myself these days where I'm self-disciplined to write for a specific amount of time without doing much else. 

• Like 2