• Advertisement

24 Hour Writing Session (11/09)

Steel Sponge

It may not sound like an exciting way to celebrate 10 years of spin-off writing, but it is still something of a large scale. The title of this thread should be self-explanatory. On that given day, Saturday, November 9th, this year, I will attempt to devote 24 consecutive hours of my time mostly writing for my spin-off projects. This will be my one sole focus for that day as while I will be my spending time writing, I will be mostly offline outside of SBC and for relevant resources towards my writing.

Why am I going to be doing this? This isn't just to see how much I can write in a whole day in this timely occasion, but also to see if I can actually do this. I should have hardly anything planned for the particular day, and having such an ideal day to do this session should motivate me into following through with it. To prove that I am attempting this and that I will be proactive for this long writing period, I will post a once-an-hour progress update on how many words I've written on this very topic.

Since it's part of my current strategy to focus on just one spin-off at a time, and because almost each ep of Rebirth of a Storm is usually quite long, expect me to be writing mostly for that spin-off during this session. If the time turns out to be perfect, this whole thing will last from 7AM, November 9th, to 7AM, November 10th.

• Like 2
  • Wow 4

I'd also like to ensure that there will be moments where I will stall time away from my computer. For reasons like when I feel the need to have a break from it, when I need food (of course), just in case that something doesn't happen to my computer if I leave it on for too long, and because I already know it's best for my health if I don't spend too much time in front of a computer screen, every once in a while I will have my computer temporarily shut down for 25-30 mins.

26 minutes ago, Black Parade said:

I'd also like to ensure that there will be moments where I will stall time away from my computer. For reasons like when I feel the need to have a break from it, when I need food (of course), just in case that something doesn't happen to my computer if I leave it on for too long, and because I already know it's best for my health if I don't spend too much time in front of a computer screen, every once in a while I will have my computer temporarily shut down for 25-30 mins.

that's true.

Word count for the first hour:

Red Flag Savior: Rebirth of a Storm: 92 words

Total word count: 92 words

I've only just started navigating my way through this challenge. I've spent most of the first hour of this time preparing for it, so it's why this has started slow.

Word count for the 14th hour:

Red Flag Savior: Rebirth of a Storm: 6,479 words (Episode 5 is currently 54.5% complete at this very point)

Total word count: 6,479 words

I am going to continue writing, but I decided to stall for this hour.