• Advertisement

My Little Pony: A New Generation

Steel Sponge

Making a topic for this early to hype up the inevitable fifth generation for MLP. While I believe there is no confirmed info about G5 yet, there have been, of course, leaks regarding the redesigns of the Mane 6 having been spread:

1515492244788 (1) by LiaAqila

Image result for g5 mlp

Whether you think these are fake or not, I haven't come across anyone who reassured that they are fake (I'm suspicious about the first image since two sets show the ponies without cutie marks). But if anything, these designs are merely conceptual and I highly doubt that any of these are final.

Although, these leaks do give us a idea on what changes may be made to the Mane 6 for G5, like Pinkie Pie being a pegasus, Fluttershy being a unicorn, and Twilight Sparkle being reduced to an earth pony.

https://screenrant.com/my-little-pony-animated-movie-show-netflix-development/

I know, I'm late, but I might as well change up some things with the G5 topic since MLP is entering G5 sooner than later now. While there will be new information regarding the upcoming My Little Pony: A New Generation film being reported every once in a while, here's what's known about it so far:

Set years after the events of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, the film will center on Sunny Starscout, an outcast and young activist earth pony who still sees hope in Equestria where Twilight Sparkle's teachings on friendship and harmony have been replaced with paranoia and mistrust, and where all three species of ponies live segregated from one another. However, when she meets a lost unicorn named Izzy, the two embark on an adventure involving musical numbers, a jewel heist, conspiracy theories, and "the world’s cutest flying Pomeranian" as they travel to new lands while facing their fears and turning enemies into friends.

No exact release date is announced yet, but it's currently planned for September of this year.

I've been a fan of the G4 series for a while, so of course I'll be there to see this, even disregarding the whole "UNCANNY VALLEY!!!!1" complaints that I feel certain ANG will be plagued with.

On 6/26/2021 at 1:14 PM, Steel Sponge said:

No exact release date is announced yet, but it's currently planned for September of this year.

And speak of the devil:

The main voice cast has also been announced as well, and as foreseeable, it's bringing in some star power.