• Advertisement

a very important question about console startups

it's time to get nostalgic up in here  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which had the better startup sequence?

Is the PS1 or PS2 startup better? I mean, we all know they're both really good, but declaring which one is objectively better seems to be really difficult for me and my friends. So I'm going to let you, the people of SBC help decide. Vote which one is better in the poll and the one with the most votes gets all the glory (or something).

P.S. - I was originally going to include all the PlayStation startups as poll choices but, come on. You think those can even try to measure up to the first two? You're ridiculous...

Being a sony fanboy since hanabata days, neither really scared me much (unless it was like night time and the tv just so happened to be loud when I fired up the PS1), but a friend once told me that the PS1 startup felt like he was going to the future while the PS2 startup felt like he went to that future, and it was not good.

• Wow 1

I think the PS3 startup is fine in its own right, but what could’ve made it better was longer, and if the instruments played reflected the most recent game you’d played. ie, for Uncharted it’d play percussion. It’d be insanely hard to programme, but it could’ve made you feel a stronger connection to your console.

I never encountered the PS1 start-up in real life, but the PS2's seems to be more interesting (and more nostalgic to me). Compared to today's PS4 start-up (which is just a black PlayStation logo), the PS2 one seems to be more interesting.

PS2 one most definitely. Never had a PS1, but looking at the startup video provided, it didn't necessarily give me anywhere near as much excitement as the PS2's.

Also I probably prefer the PS3's startup out of all four Playstations purely based on the sound it made during the startup. Always loved that noise.