• 2/5 Nails
    • 1/5 Nails

el5vjoE.png

Premieres: 

Saturday, September 21st @ 11:15am ET/PT

Encores:

Saturday, September 21st @ 3:45pm ET/PT

Sunday, September 22nd @ 9:15pm ET/PT

Plot: SpongeBob can't stop biting his nails, but he also can't figure out why!

Clip:

N/A

Note: This episode was already leaked online from the UK.

• Sad 1

Sorry guys, but I wasn't feeling this one at all. I just found myself cringing and bored the whole way through. I didn't find it gross or anything, but none of it was really funny to me. I just watched this one the whole way through going "bro, this is kinda cringe". And that was the reaction I had throughout the remainder of the episode. SpongeBob biting his nails constantly could've maybe worked as an episode, who knows, but it did not for me. Some people might find this episode's execution interesting, but it did nothing for me. Even the Hans cameo, the one part I liked, was poorly executed because it lead into the lame and predictable ending. This might not be the worst episode of the season by a long mile, but I didn't care for anything in it.

Grade: ...D? C-??? Idek

• Thanks 1

I just found this one okay. I find nail biting to be gross, but luckily this episode wasn't gross. I found it a bit odd that SpongeBob just started his nail biting habit at random, but I liked at the end that it turned out to be him subconsciously channeling Squidward's feelings from the beginning of the episode. But it went back to being random at the end with SpongeBob re-developing his nail biting habit, even though it was funny at the end with Hans being the therapist.

I know this episode is not gonna be liked by some people but I personally enjoyed it. It's an episode that surprised me how much it was toned down on usual fast craziness after season 10-present being like that. Not shocking enough It worked. The premise could have been really gross like SpongeBob biting his fingernails over and over seems like a season 6 premiere but they managed to make it not sickening at all. I was still a little disturbed by it but judging by the show's previous shtick, this felt tame and at times kind of funny with how surreal it has gotten but never to a point I was annoyed or grossed out by it. The humor worked like a charm, in fact I liked seeing more dialogue based humor this time. Patrick's line about Glove World helping people forget their struggles but also saying it makes him forget his name is a type of joke I usually hate being used on Patrick but in the story's context, it actually made me laugh. Fred's My Nails line was predictable but it was still bizarre enough to be funny. Gary suggesting a walk for SpongeBob, except SpongeBob thinking only he should get a walk, thus forgetting Gary was a well done joke. Sandy's line about Mr. Krabs' bank account is my favorite joke of the bunch.. This episode wasn't incredibly hilarious but it gave me enough laughs to entertain. What I actually loved about this episode was this episode focusing on SpongeBob starting to make a bad habit and trying to get rid of the problem but being unsuccessful at it. At first, I was rolling with this but I also felt headscratched since I don't see SpongeBob having a problem like this but when it got to the end, it actually made a lot of sense. I loved it. SpongeBob being affected by Squidward's mood earlier in the episode made him have a bad habit. That was quite an interesting result of giving SpongeBob a flaw to overcome. Albeit I'll say that this could have been more interesting If SpongeBob started this habit after Squidward saying how much SpongeBob can be annoying, that was such a missed opportunity I would love the episode to explore but I did like what we have gotten. The end actually ended on a twist of SpongeBob's therapist ending up being Hans (the giant hand) and while I sort of saw this coming, it was still a nice gag. Normally SpongeBob would fix his problem but he didn't do it at the end and that is normally really frustrating but I thought it was funny, so I can forgive that. Plus Squidward showing up was really amusing. I wouldn't say this episode is really great, they could have done more with this concept and it can be disturbing but I thought it was fairly entertaining and it was a good SpongeBob centric episode to flesh out his character.

Grade: B+

Horrible, horrible, horrible. When will the "Spongebob Squarepants" writers get it through their THICK heads, that GROSS-out gags on this show, do NOT, have NOT, can NOT, and will NEVER work on this show! o.o This is NOT that kind of show where such a concept CAN work! If they WANT to make gross-out humor SO bad, why don't they just bring BACK "Ren and Stimpy" and work on that?! Leave the gross-out humor OUT of "Spongebob Squarepants"! Granted, this episode wasn't as gross as it COULD have been, but that's a SMALL comfort! I'd give this episode a 4 out of 10 at BEST! :rolleyes: Enough said, true believers!

2 hours ago, 4EverGreen said:

Horrible, horrible, horrible. When will the "Spongebob Squarepants" writers get it through their THICK heads, that GROSS-out gags on this show, do NOT, have NOT, can NOT, and will NEVER work on this show! o.o This is NOT that kind of show where such a concept CAN work! If they WANT to make gross-out humor SO bad, why don't they just bring BACK "Ren and Stimpy" and work on that?! Leave the gross-out humor OUT of "Spongebob Squarepants"! Granted, this episode wasn't as gross as it COULD have been, but that's a SMALL comfort! I'd give this episode a 4 out of 10 at BEST! :rolleyes: Enough said, true believers!

ren and stimpy is a bad show

One of my favorites so far this season... though I guess I'm sorta biased here coming as a lifelong nail biter myself. Putting that aside, I thought the execution was great, especially considering the episode could have gotten really gross really easily. There's a couple visual gags that I guess could be seen as *uncomfortable*, but overall, I liked the the episode's satire on this plaguing habit. I thought the visual of SpongeBob chewing on Hans' nails at the end was pretty funny too.