• Advertisement

Good Morning, Good Morning

Inanimate Carbon Rod

(Can't believe I forgot to make one of these.)

Hey, there! You have just joined SBC's first and so far only club dedicated to those four boys from the town of Liverpool, England who, overnight, transformed from just another band performing gigs at clubs and whatnot, into THE idols of the 60s with their appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show in 1964, and soon blossomed into arguably one of the greatest, most creative and experimental groups the world has ever known.

Obviously, I'm talking about John Lennon (RIP), Paul McCartney, George Harrison (also RIP) and Ringo Starr; the Beatles, the Fab Four, those annoying little insects with the Three Stooges haircut (if you happened to be one of those parents who utterly detested these guys back in the 60s, even though I doubt much of them are on this board anyway), or if you want to go way back to their humble beginnings, the Quarrymen. There's no doubt you've heard at least a small assortment of their amazing catalogue- groundbreaking albums like A Hard Day's NightHelp!Sgt. Peppers' Lonely Hearts Club BandAbbey Road, among others, and amazing musical masterpieces like "Hey Jude," "Yesterday," "I Am the Walrus," "Revolution #9", "She Loves You," "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds," among many, many others. How can you not love that brash, dissonant opening chord in "A Hard Day's Night," or the string orchestra arrangement of "Eleanor Rigby," or the organ solo in "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!"?

Speaking of Mr. K., unfortunately, no Henry the Dancing Horse here, but here you can discuss anything Fab Four- anything from listing your favorite albums and songs to showcasing your Beatles swag for like-minded enthusiasts to see and comment on, stating your opinion on the US-only albums like Yesterday and Today, comparing the UK and US versions of Help! or Rubber Soul, and whatever else you may discuss. Even the cartoon show from the 60s which has their music and animated caricatures, but not the actual speaking voices of the group if you might.

-Wendy the Witch, who is not the Walrus. Or the Eggman, just so you know.