• Advertisement

Lady and the Tramp (2019)

Steel Sponge

Honestly, I think the remake looks rather nice from what the trailer shows of it so far. And the fact that they're using real dogs for filming is a huge step-up from having it just be a CG-fest. Sure, it's obvious when they're using it for the characters when they're evidently talking on screen, but for the most part is true to the concept of a live-action remake which is far more than what a majority of Disney's remakes can claim to be. The eyes are a wee bit unsettling but that's a relatively minor issue I have that probably won't affect much at the end of the day.

Probably won't even end up seeing this because Lady and the Tramp honestly never appealed to me as a kid. And also I need Disney+. Damn.

Will probably end up watching on Disney+.  Despite everything I’ve said about the live action remakes this year, this one at least looks promising.  Like the guy above me said, using actual dogs is a massive step up from whatever the fuck happened with those photorealistic animals from The Lion King.  And those dogs, even the Tramp, look absolutely adorable.  I’m a massive sucker for dogs, even if this ends up sucking.