• Advertisement

LISTEN TO SNAIL MAIL NOW

jdfr03

You don't have if you don't want to but she's really good. Very indie rock and 90s inspired stuff. I got into her right after her first record, Lush, came out last year (May 2018) when my sister showed my older brother and I some of the songs and we connected to it instantly. One of big tracks of that record, "Heat Wave", became my song of that summer that year and really helped me transition into high school as well as moving. It still stuck with me this summer when I look back at it, but my song of this summer unexpectedly was a tie between another indie rock bop and one of Snail Mail's other big track from that record, "Pristine". This song grows on you, no matter how many times you listen to it. It's hard to explain but it's beautiful in my opinion. I also quickly got myself into the live performance of this from this year's Pitchfork Music Festival, which is also one of her best and most amped up performances of the song I'd say. Oh, also, I got to also to mention that she's only 20 and Lush was ranked one of the best records of 2018. It's pretty insane. 

For starters, here is a song called "Thinning" from her 2017 EP, Habit. This is my favorite song by her, mostly because something about this song gives off this rare special feeling I have trouble finding in other songs. Check it out and tell me how you feel about it.

• Wow 1

I was just on Snail Mail’s insta account yesterday because someone I follow liked one of her posts :Laugh: I’ve heard of her before but never thought to give her a listen, perhaps I should check her out! 

• Happy 1