• Advertisement

Let's talk about an absolutely important YouTuber to watch....

HawkbitAlpha

Well, howdy there, SBC people. It's Hawk again.

So, tonight, we're gonna talk about a Youtuber I've been watching for the better part of the past year. One who I haven't seen a single lackluster video from. I'd like to introduce you all to a guy named Beau. Or, full name: Beau of the Fifth Column, who works for the news site The Fifth Column.

BTFC is two things: A) the physical embodiment of the redneck stereotype, and B) an amazing political Youtuber who makes content unlike any other commentator I've ever seen in the YT news and politics sphere. Almost every one of his videos is a single-take vlog he shoots in his shed, talking at length about various sociopolitical issues of the day, or just things he thinks are worth discussing. His content, educational as it is, can be watched by just about anyone regardless of their own ideology; Beau is himself an anarchist, but frames everything he says in such a way that it can be digested even by conservatives.

(Also, before late January, his camera mic was borked, and the sound in all of the videos before then is biased on the left. Hope you enjoy stereo madness.)

I'll show all of you, with no particular choice of which ones, some BTFC videos, starting with one on the GoFundMe fundraiser for Trump's wall:

On how entertainment and politics are actually related:

On the slow creep of fascism:

Somehow making an apt analogy between Japanese art and masculinity:

On the infamous Gillette masculinity ad:

On how Trump is actually an open borders president:

Every now and then, Beau mixes it up with a video in a different setting. Like this one, a literal fireside chat in the wake of the Christchurch mosque shootings:

And sometimes, he makes satire videos that tie sociopolitical issues into something completely innocuous, with hilarious results. Like this one, with overtones of arguing with anti-abortion people:

Or this one from just today, talking about Wonderland as if it were present-day America:

If you aren't that into politics, or you are, and want to get others involved, BTFC is a must-see channel. He has a lot of wisdom, refreshing commentary, and challenging takes to share.

Anyway... it's just a thought. Y'all have a good night.