• Advertisement

SBC's 10th Anniversary

Jjs Goodman

Ik I haven't been here for all that long, but I just want to say that my first year on SBC has been a pleasant one and it's been nice getting to know (or re-know) all of you. Crazy to think that I've only been around for just one-tenth of this forum's existence. I hope the next ten years on here will be just as great, if not even better. Happy 10th birthday, fellow SBC.
  • Like 1

I joined SBC a year ago and I'm glad I made more friends on the Discord server, especially SBM migrants like me. Despite some incidents, I like this community and it would be nice if we get to 20 years. Happy 10th SBC! :D 

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 1

Hard to believe SBC is already 10 years old! Time flies haha. I still remember browsing on this site years ago to keep up with the latest SpongeBob content. I never would have guessed back then that SBC would become such an important part of my life. All the fantastic memories I've had here with an awesome community of members. I know I don't visit as often anymore, but SBC will always hold a special place in my heart. Thank you to everyone for making this such a wonderful place to be! :D 

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 2

It really is amazing that this website has managed to last a good, LONG ten years, through all its changes! I've been through a lot of changes myself (not that you can tell by looking at my avatar), but I've gone from working part-time at Bob's Big Boy as a Busboy, to working part-time at a University Cafeteria as a Dish-cleaner, to working part-time at an art gallery doing miscellaneous tasks. And of course, expanding my music knowledge and comprehension, by amassing to what is now a 10,000+ song collection on my portable computer, featuring at least 300 different singers and/or music groups! :D Here's hoping the Spongebob Community continues being it's rocking self for ANOTHER ten years! :cool: Enough said, true believers! ;) 

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 1

I really can't wrap my head around the idea that SBC has been around for 10 years. I was only 12 years old when the forum was created, it was a huge part of my youth. Moving around so much, it's easy to start to feel isolated and having a constant group of understanding friends to talk to here was a gift. I'm not here as much as I'd like to be anymore, but I'm so happy that it's still around. This site has made so many lasting friendships and been so important for so many of us, normally I find it cheesy when in this scenario people say they're looking forward to another ten years because I feel like that's never gonna happen. But in this case... why not? Happy anniversary to the best community on the internet.

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 2

I remember I was just 15 years old when I first posted on SBC. Just some nerdy shy lil high school girl on her iPod Touch with a huge passion for Spongebob. Over the past 8 years I’ve had some crazy good times on SBC. Not to mention I’ve met some of the most caring, unique, hilarious friends a Sauce Mama could ask for. When it comes to people I come across in life, if I can be my complete self around you, you’re a keeper. And that’s why I love you guys cuz from the time I signed up to now, I could be my true self and I thank you for that. A lot about me has changed over the past 8 years but I still love coming here to catch up with the friends that I truly care for. So thank you to everyone that makes this site so damn special. ❤️

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 2

Thank you everyone! I joined here in 2016 and met some of the most compassionate and greatest people on here. I hope to make more memories here by winning the last Jeopardy, listening to rip screw, and most importantly watching Slapstick - CartoonMania! Thank you to everyone that put all of their effort into this site and it will always be the #1 spongebob site!

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 1

I can't believe SBC is 10 years old...just goes to show how wonderful the community is! I don't even think I could perfectly go on to say how much the community means to me - and believe me, I've been thinking about what I would say for quite a while - but I'd like to try now and compile my thoughts the best I can. I've only been a member of the site since 2017, practically the tail-end of the site's first decade, and even then I wasn't a truly active member around these parts until 2018. As much as I love - or have loved - the sponge this forum adores so, my reasoning for being active around these parts recently is instead due to the wonderful community this site has and how close everyone is with one another. Being a member on SBC, I've come across so many wonderful people with various personalities, each one charming in their own unique way. And it's been a reason why I've felt so attached to this place.The feeling of a tight-knit community with open, loving arms is there and it is due to such solidarity the site has managed to thrive in it way it has and, for me personally, has been one of the reasons I've always loved it here since becoming more active. I definitely feel like my life wouldn't be the same without this community and all the wonderful people it has introduced me to. I love you all! The fact that a forum dedicated to a cartoon starring an anthropomorphic sponge has thrived for a decade goes to show that it's not just about SpongeBob that keeps us together, but it's also about the community. A community that shows an undying love for the show it was created in dedication to. A community that continues to provide us with a platform to connect with others that lead to blossoming, long-term online friendships. So here's 10 years of the SpongeBob Community. A community, with the effort and passion of both the staff and member alike, that has, does, and will continue to stick together through thick and thin, and I couldn't be any more grateful and honored to be a part of that world. ❤️ No I toootally did not intend on ending with a Little Mermaid reference shush your face.

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 2