• Advertisement

"The best show Nickelodeon screwed over"

dmandagiraffe

Specifically, the best cartoon is what I'm talking about. Just last night I saw a pretty nice video discussing ChalkZone, which immediately went on to call it "the best show that Nickelodeon has ever screwed over", and that got me thinking. We all know about the multitude of shows that have been sent through TV hell by Nickelodeon, but which one do most people consider the best? I was originally going to do a poll on this, but that would mean I'd have to include over 20 shows alone into a single question, which seems like too much, so just comment below. That's pretty much it.

The video if you care:

this can't possibly be true. everyone knows that the best show that nick screwed over is adventure time because it got rejected for fanboy and chum chum, that one show that 'deserves to be forgotten' even though most of us still haven't gotten over it after ten years. just giving you the facts, man.

(Okay, but seriously though, don't forget about El Tigre. I consider it one of Nick's greatest forgotten gems because it also got screwed over pretty badly.)

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Steel Sponge said:

this can't possibly be true. everyone knows that the best show that nick screwed over is adventure time because it got rejected for fanboy and chum chum, that one show that 'deserves to be forgotten' even though most of us still haven't gotten over it after ten years. just giving you the facts, man.

(Okay, but seriously though, don't forget about El Tigre. I consider it one of Nick's greatest forgotten gems because it also got screwed over pretty badly.)

I have gotten over because Adventure Time wouldn't have as much creative freedom in Nick. As much as FB&CC stinks, I'm glad Adventure Time survived in CN.

Let's see, there's "The Angry Beavers" (17 YEARS and we STILL haven't seen the OFFICIAL series finale!); "Rocket Power" (I don't CARE that the original kids' voice actors have aged, they can DO what they did for "The Amazing World of Gumball", and re-cast the kids when they start getting too old!); "The Wild Thornberries" (I really want to see more wild-life adventures/globe-trotting); "Invader Zim" (self-explanatory); "Robot & Monster" (only ONE season?! How weak is THAT?!!!); "TUFF Puppy" (Hey! They kept making "Ren & Stimpy" WITHOUT it's original creator, they can do the same for THIS show!) And "Bunsen Is a Beast" (Not that I REALLY care about the show, just adding it on here for the sake of a complete list of shows that DIDN'T get the fair chance it deserved from Nickelodeon!) Enough said, true believers!

Oh man, I can't forget about Making Fiends either. Not only was the animated series screwed over so badly to the point where it only lasted for just six episodes, it especially feels more daunting when you realize that the series creator Amy Winfrey has not been able to make anything more for her own creation for a little over ten years because she's not allowed to, as Nickelodeon/Viacom still holds the rights to it.