• 4/5 Elders
    • 3/5 Elders
    • 2/5 Elders
    • 1/5 Elders

Premieres: 

Saturday, July 6th @ 11:15am ET/PT

Encores:

N/A

Plot: Old Man Jenkins disrupts business as usual at the Krusty Krab, but Mr. Krabs can't find a way to kick him out..

Clips:

N/A

Edited by Jon Snow

I'm gonna be real here. I did not like this at all. It wasn't bad but it was just painfully mediocre. The premise is interesting enough but what made the episode so tiresome was Old Man Jenkins himself. He was constantly getting on my nerves with "respect your elders" joke over and over that it didn't even make me laugh when I first heard the joke. After seeing his other shenanigans, it was clear he doesn't deserve respect and I know that's the joke but it made him rather irritating than funny. The only joke before the climax I enjoyed was SpongeBob falling for OMJ's sad story. What turned this episode from being bad was the whole sequence with Mr. Krabs and OMJ getting all of their ancestors to a point they started to summon all of them. The episode became batshit crazy that I enjoyed. As a bonus, we got the introduction of Mr. Krabs' (divorced) father and return of Grandpappy. Ngl the ending with Plankton was kind of funny. Aside from that, I just didn't care for this episode at all. It's definitely one of the weakest spots of s12.

Grade: C

• Happy 1
  • Sad 1

The episode was kinda mediocre for me. Old Man Jenkins wasn't all that interesting and his old person antics weren't really that funny. The only part that really made me laugh and got me invested was seeing Mr. Krabs and Old Man Jenkins call their ancestors to deal with each other. It was great seeing Grandpappy the pirate again. The ending was kinda funny with them going to the Chum Bucket, but isn't Mr. Krabs the same age as Plankton? He's not really his elder.

This is one of my favorite season 12 episodes thus far. The beginning made me think it might be just ok but the 2nd half really was hilarious with how it ramped up and seeing Krabs' insanity return was great. A lot of the jokes were really good like the part where the Krusty Krab rocked out and seeing Krabs and OMJ have such extended family to the point of absurdity. High Sea Diving made good use of OMJ but this might be better.

As far as I'm concerned, this is one of those episodes that actually HAD an interesting premise, but a good number of the concepts used weren't quite as good as they could have been. For instance, they wasted a PERFECTLY good opportunity to utilize BOTH of the Old Man Jenkins at the same time (the short one with the eyeglasses and cane). I think this might be one of the few, RARE times where Mr. Krabs anger about something was kind of justifiable, and Old Man Jenkins was just being rude simply because he COULD be! :rolleyes: It was kind of interesting and funny to keep seeing Mr. Krabs and Old Man Jenkins keep trying to one-up each other with older and older ancestors, going so far as to bring back their ancestors from BEYOND the grave! :hysterical: Predictably, it ended up backfiring against BOTH of them; since all of THEIR ancestors were OLDER than BOTH of them were, they kicked them out of the Krusty Krab! At least it's now Plankton who has to deal with Mr. Krabs and Old Man Jenkins being rude. I guess I'd give this episode an 8/10, just because I feel that there were some things that could have been done better. Enough said, true believers! ;)