• 3/5 Clocks
    • 2/5 Clocks
    • 1/5 Clocks

lqEn5K0.png

Premieres: 

Saturday, July 6th @ 11:00am ET/PT

Encores:

N/A

Plot: SpongeBob breaks his precious alarm clock, and nothing else is loud enough to wake him up on time

Clips:

N/A

Edited by Jon Snow

Ah, Ben Gruber. I ain't joking. It's good to see you back. I was somewhat skeptical of the premise because how can you make an episode about alarm clocks engaging? Then again, the show has proved time and time making simplistic premises into something unique but post-movie and post-sequel weren't good at this technique sometimes. This however worked as a charm. Not all jokes worked though, Patrick at the beginning irritated me and the episode was loud at times but generally speaking the episode had some good laughs. I enjoyed how everyone thought SpongeBob was dead and them going inside to fool themselves into thinking Gary was eating him. The clock marking Squidward's head actually cracked me up and I normally don't like physical humor towards Squidward. The whole sequence of SpongeBob getting late over and over was actually humorous. The clock salesman getting instant rich had a laugh out of me as well. What made the episode extra fun was the climax which was SpongeBo creating chain reaction to all the clocks he ever bought. That was really creative and awesome and it doubled down on it once Bubble Bass ruined everything. The ending with Patrick was kind of cute after how he screwed shit up at the beginning. This was overall such a nicely done simple, yet creative episode.

Grade: B+

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ben Gruber?Huh.Haven’t heard this name in awhile.But welcome to the board again boyyo.

I really impressed by execution of this episode.At first,I thought that there’s no way this premise worked as an Full 11 minutes episode,but I was wrong for sure.It’s a simple,but incredibly entertaining and funny episode.And visuals here are definitely an huge stand out,so much impressive details and cool directions been put into this experience.Not much to say besides that it’s a great return of loved by everyone Gruper that is another stand out for the season.

Rating:

198C3636-3C79-4139-9EEC-8B4F1DB78952.jpe

I really enjoyed this episode.  It was interesting to see how important SpongeBob's alarm clock was to him and kinda understandable since there are some people in the world who need certain alarm clocks to wake up. I liked the beginning where everyone thought SpongeBob was dead and they go over to his house to see Gary on top of him. I thought it was funny to see that SpongeBob's solution was to make a machine to bring his sleeping body to the Krusty Krab and work for him and it was nice touch to see that despite Patrick mangling SpongeBob's alarm clock earlier, he actually managed to fix it.

While I've always felt that out of all the writers that "Spongebob Squarepants" has had over the years, that Ben Gruber was one of the writers that took some of the more riskier chances of pitching a concept that might have been too "Pie in the sky" (Whatever THAT means), or being wacky and off-beat even by the standards of THIS show; as far as I'm concerned, 9 times out of 10, (the one time being "Krusty Catering" when he was just starting on the show); he REALLY manages to hit his concepts out of the park! :D This time is no exception! This episode proves that even something as simple as a broken alarm clock can be an engaging plot line when put into the right hands! :hysterical: If you ask me, Squidward was enjoying himself TOO much at the thought of Spongebob's POSSIBLE death, and getting hurt was actually justifiable for him enjoying the possibility of Spongebob being gone! :rolleyes: This marks at least the SECOND time that Spongebob Squarepants has paid someone an extraordinary amount of money for something; and unlike "All That Glitters", this time the joke choice is more tasteful as the clock salesman fish purchases a HUGE yacht with his money! The bunch of alarm clock replacement montages failing to wake Spongebob up was pretty funny, and this episode proves that given the right motivation, Spongebob Squarepants can come up with a genius, CRAZY prepared idea to get himself to work on time, by using ALL of his alarm clocks in a Rube Goldberg device, AND find a way to get ALL the customers their food on time! :cool: Too bad Spongebob couldn't anticipate Bubble Bass complaining about the food order being wrong (again), but at least Patrick actually REDEEMED himself by managing to FIX Spongebob's alarm clock! All in all, I'd give this episode segment another perfect 10/10! Enough said, true believers! ;)

• Wow 1