• 3/5 Paintings
    • 2/5 Paintings
    • 1/5 Paintings

DJ2s1e6.png

Premieres: 

Saturday, June 29th @ 11:15am ET/PT

Encores:

N/A

Plot: SpongeBob and Patrick volunteer as guards at the museum, while Squidward attempts to hang his painting unnoticed.

Clips:

Note: This episode has already been leaked online due to its UK airing.

Edited by Jon Snow

This episode is another "string of the gags" type of episode that S12 love to have as a standard,but unlike other misses like FarmerBob or Sandy’s Nutty Nieces,Insecurity Guards impressed me in so many levels,even with mine high expectations that I had for it before.

• Backgrounds’ quality in this episode is beyond magnificent,the amount of individual details of museum stuff like paintings and architecture is above the scale for average 11 minutes episode.Not to mention that variation of habits here is really large and on the same level humorous.From thrown by humans junk to Patlantis.This is a very good example of when people fuse creativity into useful ideas at their best.

• The Patrick in this episode...is actual character?Wow I can’t believe I lived to this point,but Season 12 finally made him not only funny,but just a solid character that feels like he is more than a walking joke.While he is still dumb in episode,at least he clearly try to actually do his job,yes,he didn’t execute it that good,but it’s still felt naturally because of fairy exaggerated misunderstandings that work really well.It’s reminds me a lot of his characterization from No Picture Please in a maximum good way.

• Squidward’s treatment done really well here.Not only motivation for Spongebob and Patrick chase him all around was executed perfectly.Despite him begin arrested at the end,he’s main goal been done even with that,witch is a really good direction for the conflict’s development of you ask me.

• The comedy here is brilliant,easily the funniest episode of the season and as well as one of the funniest of the whole post sequel era.There’s just a lot of gags that made me laugh.Spongebob’s Evolution painting,Seahorse tail game,Patrick’s Mummy and Patlantis in general,that poor thief that just wanted to rob the museum already,Clean out the dirt from painting,Snail Mammoth,and so much other.This is a huuuuuuge bag of great jokes that is really remarkable,to say at least.

Yes,this is a very excellent and hilarious episode that I can easily call as one of the biggest gems of pots sequel that we have as for date. It’s unexpected,creative,funny,beautiful,and just a joyful ride that I wish to see more in the future.

Rating:

C90BFA63-2D48-42C3-B964-1D852443E52B.thumb.png.6c58a1f8c3ffc7186cfd81ccc2c3ad89.png

• Like 2

Insecuity Guards is...the best episode of season 12 thus far and surprisingly it was centered around Patrick. I'm just speechless. This is without a doubt Patrick's funniest episode in many years, even passing the really amazing one What's Eating Patrick in terms of humor. This is WHAT I WANT FROM PATRICK. A character that has charm to his stupidity and can bounce it off with other characters well. Even though SpongeBob wasn't the usual straight man here, his dynamic with Patrick was still very fun. I lost count on how many times the episode made me from chuckle to laugh. Squidward's art lying on Patrick's butt shouldn't be funny but it was. Patrick and SpongeBob inside Squidward's head was cleverly done gag. Patrick using a crowbar to open up a locker in the locker room was amusing. I loved Patrick explaining the rules to SpongeBob about security, while also telling him that rules don't apply to them. I loved his words on BC and AC in history. Stinkeye gag was wonderful. The thief running gag was good and it didn't overstay its welcome. SpongeBob and Patrick cleaning up art so badly that it led to the cleaner escaping gave me a good chuckle. Squidward trying to get his painting on the museum but being chased off by SpongeBob and Patrick was one of the funniest climaxes in a while, especially payback to mummy joke. I loved that in the end, Squidward got arrested but his painting stayed thanks to SpongeBob and Patrick. Surprisingly enough Patrick didn't lose his job or quit, which was actually refreshing to see. I can't praise this enough. For fandom getting more and more sour on Patrick, especially this community after likes of Ink Lemonade and The Nitwitting, this was a welcome back to Patrick I know and love. Keep up the good work Brookshier!

Grade: A

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

If people were waiting for proof that "Spongebob Squarepants" could STILL be awesome and STILL work even without Stephen Hillenburg, I think this episode is DEFINITIVE proof that yes, "Spongebob Squarepants" CAN still work as a show on its OWN terms! :cool: There were so many gags here, that not only worked, they worked EXCEPTIONALLY well! :D Patrick FINALLY has a job that DOESN'T revolve around the Krusty Krab; his stupidity isn't over-blown to Titanic levels and feels natural, and there was a lot of detail in the paintings, and the museum settings, that we don't get to see in a lot of cartoons these days. At least, not from what I've seen. None of the gags over-stay their welcome, Squidward kind of puts HIMSELF through all his torture intentionally. But at least in the end, Squidward DID get to have his painting hung up in the museum, and his painting even changed from being sad, to being HAPPY!!!! Overall, I'd give this episode a PERFECT 10/10! Enough said, true believers! ;)

how many more episodes until people will be tired of saying “Squidward did things that had justifiable punishments” and not accept the fact that it’s been done to death and we need a change 

anyway I peeked the ending of this ep and hated it. Poor lad going through more mental illnesses. Will gladly roast this one when I see it in full.

• Sad 2
  • Confused 1
  • God Himself 1

This is a great ep, it was very funny and the characters were great. I liked how the first half of the ep had them just doing funny jokes with the museum stuff and then the second half had Squidward try to hang his painting up and Spongebob and Patrick stopping him.

I thought this was a fun episode. I loved all the paintings and artwork around the museum as well as the ones that serve as callbacks to "Artist Unknown" and "The Movie". Patrick's antics as a security guard and him teaching SpongeBob about the job was funny.